Pocket passer, scrambler, or balanced QB?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, May 11, 2006.

1. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

I like the pure pocket passers. I like to go deep alot so Arm Strength is important for me. Im not a huge scambler but I will scamble for a TD when im <5 yards to the endzone.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

Never. Give me a pocket passer. My favorite qb in 06 was david carr.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

faster the better for me

i can have great accuracy and still bomb 4-5 picks a game...it sucks ( i dont use QB vision )

so i just go with the speedy guys

4. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I like Mcnair & McNabb they both are atheltic enough to scramble only if I have to & great passers. They both can go deep with enough accuracy. I also like Chad in the game too his deep ball is weak but man his accuracy is off the hizook!! So when WR's are doing cross patterns it kills defenders.

5. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Im pretty much a pocket passer but my QB has 72 speed which is enough to roll out and keep the play alive, but not enough to scramble for a gain of yards. I dont like fast qbs because they just feel cheesy. 72 speed is just good enough to avoid the pass rush.

Another plus for playing as a pocket passer is that you can play as anyone. I can go from playing as Eli Manning or Chad Pennington to playing as McNabb and not miss a step and have the advantage of scrambling for yds. You cant go from playing as Mike Vick to playing as Kerry Collins. You get to dependent on the ability to scramble and that will bite you in the ass when you dont have a scrambler. I've seen people who are use to playing as speedy QBs, play as pocket passers, and they still try to scramble for yards.

I love playing against people who depend on scramblers because for the most part, they suck at making the right reads.

As for the qb im playing as right now(im rebuilding a super shitty team) hes:

6'0 190lbs
    72 spd
    85 THA 85 THP(hes a rookie and im still building him up)

Im mostly a dink and dink passer because its a pain to hit your man in stride going deep(the computer on the other hand does this perfectly. I love how their WR actually pulls away and creates separation where as my WR is basically holding hands with the DB all the way down the field. Gotta love cheesy ass madden)