Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Seems like it is tilted more than that.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

looking at rest of season schedule we're looking at between 9 - 12 wins. The next 3 games are critical. Pre-season I'd of said 2 - 1....But Oakland is no joke, and neither is Jacksonville. It's going to be a tougher road than some seem to think.

All of our next 3 games will come down to our defense, period. Because we can move the ball on all 3 teams.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oakland will be a lot tougher than Jacksonville. West coast road trip after a hard fought Patriots game. Oakland stops the run as well and in the 2 Jets losses thats what happened- the opponents stopped the run. I would not say for sure that we can move the ball on them or any of the next 3 teams

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Have you seen our schedule bro? I think we have ONE playoff team left and that's a banged up Dallas Cowboys.. well then we got NE again. So considering they are the only teams that are even good on our schedule .. we chalk those 2 up as losses and we are still 12-4. I have 11-5 for us. 12-4 if we just do what were supposed to fucking do.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm a little concerned that Ivory just can't handle the load many of you seem to have mapped out for him.

Br4d likes this.
  6. JetLifeLo

Raiders and Jags are two up and coming teams that i enjoy watching. I still don't see how they are good enough to beat us honestly. Carr and Bortles will be overwhelmed. Revis will lock up Cooper and Robinson. Jets D-line will eat both o-lines up (esp JAX). And i trust Todd Bowles to outcoach their coaches.

7. JetLifeLo

That's when Ridley steps in...

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

One of the fun parts of having a good record and being part of the contender is to look at the standings and watch the redzone and root for teams that help your team. I am no way looking past the Raider game or saying the Jets are going to the playoffs. Its been 3 years since the Jets are part of the conversation in October so I am enjoying everything that goes with it. I am well aware of how fast things can change.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Very good point. It makes my Sunday's more interesting as I don't do fantasy this year and stopped betting on games.

10. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

There's too many parts in motion to really predict what's going to happen. That being said, if the 1 and 2 are off the table, I'd rather square off against the Walking Dead (whichever team comes out of the South), likely the 5 seed. The Pats might not run the table, but the Jets need to in order to have a shot.

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

agreed. pats are winning the division. and it wouldnt be a huge suprise if they ran the table in the regular season or went 15-1 or something.

id rather bury the phins and bills

12. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

That should be the goal, the 5 seed. You can also even avoid the Pats until the AFC CG in that scenario if someone in the 6 seed (say, the Steelers) were to go on the road and upset the Bengals or Broncos, which is not that far-fetched. Really, the difference between the 5 and the 6 seed may be a 80% chance of winning in the wildcard round v. a 30% chance of winning because you would be looking at a road game against a 6-7 win team v. a road game against a 12-13 win team. I really think AFC South winner may be the first 6-10 division winner in NFL history. Colts still the favorite but they are likely to lose their next 3 games and fall to 3-7 so at that point you have to be realistic about what their record can be. I can't see any other team in that division winning over 6 games, there's just no way.

I know some fans still want to hold out hope for the division but our chances than in the 3-5% range. The Pats would have to really fall apart to even go 12-4, which is the absolute ceiling for our team. Pats seem headed to 14-2, at a minimum. The division is toast.

NoodleArm likes this.
  13. NoodleArm

Those percentages appear very realistic. As much as I'd like for the Jets to have a first round bye and home field throughout, the 5 spot just seems more realistic right now.

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

With the Colts upcoming schedule, is it possible that they don't win the division? Man I would love to play the 6-10 Jaguars first round. That'd be a dream, almost better than a bye.

15. NoodleArm

Colts have the following in order:

Panthers, Falcons, Bucs, Steelers, Jags, Texans, Fins, and Tits.

Is 3-5 enough to make it in that division? Probably lol. Even the 1-5 Tits aren't out of it. Better than a bye is pretty close to accurate!

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I can easily see the Colts going 6-10. If the Jags take care of their divisional schedule and beat the Colts in their last matchup they might be a division winner. Wtf. We need the 5 seed, the difference between that game and in Denver or Cincy is a laughing stock.

17. NoodleArm

I'd be happy with the Jets getting the 5 and at the Jags or Tits. Way easier than Cincinnati, Denver, Pitt, or even Indy. Also, tickets + airfare + hotel would still be cheaper than any of the other locales lol.

18. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Good ell did appeal the deflate gate ruling, so isn't there still a chance that Brady serves a suspension this year? that is a MAJOR variable in my mind.

19. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

you mean all guys dont wear undies like that ?

Aewhistory likes this.
  20. tpaleologo

tpaleologo Member

The appeal gets decided by a three judge panel after the Super Bowl. Unless you're Craig Carton and his secret friend, you don't have a calendar that has Brady missing games this year.