Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Eagles are going to roll at home vs. the Bills. Chip will embarrass Rex. Eagles got a major shot in the arm last week after dismantling N.E.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

And the Bengals clinch the AFC North with a win vs Pitt. I think they do just that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Don't compare a twenty year old player to a man who has been coaching for 20 years. No execuses for the team to come out loafing, and unprepared. Not with this roster.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Titans and Pats

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

yyeah i'm not too confident about sundays game.. but their defense is getting worse and worse each week. if we can get a healthy revis and marcus williams we should be good.

6. jerseyjay14

yea im not saying we will lose, but i can see us losing. im nervous. i think we roll the cowboys. i think we can beat the pats in their current state. buffallo should be tough.

i think its moot, unless we go 4-0 i dont see us gettingin

7. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Most people are ignoring the Bills and just focusing on the Jets, Steelers and Chiefs in the wild card scenario. If the Steelers wind up losing to both Cin and Den (I think its very likely they do) it could make the season ending game against the Bills a play-in game. Buffalo has 3 straight games against the awful NFC east before hosting the Jets. I think its very likely both the Bills and Jets go into the final game 9-6. Even if Jets go into Buffalo at 10-5 its still a play-in game if the Steelers lose 2 and Buffalo wins its next 3.

Obviously I'd love for the Jets to be 10-5 going into the final game with Buffalo having lost at least once to the NFC east and Pitt losing to Cin and Den but it's the Jets, you know this last game will be for a potential playoff spot for the winner.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

i'm just watching us and steelers tbh.

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

You guys are really worried about the Titans? I get the whole SOJ thing, and honestly, the longer I live, the more negative I become, so I've learned to always temper my enthusiasm when it comes to the Jets. . But, this is a team we REALLY should beat. I mean, they aren't good.

Edit: I'm not saying that we can't lose, only that we really shouldn't lose, and if we do, we were never a playoff team anyway.

#569 slimjasi, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  10. jerseyjay14

you could have said the same thing about the raiders and texans and eagles

11. slimjasi

I honestly think all of those teams are better than the Titans. And, two of those three games were on the road, where getting beat by an inferior opponent is always more likely.

12. slimjasi

The thing is, I don't think the Bills are winning their next three games. I think Philly suddenly being alive is going to really hurt them. They are playing back to back games on the road against teams playing for a division title.

13. jerseyjay14

i think the titans are better then the eagles and on par with the raiders. Texans are probably better, but we still got abused by TJ Yates.

this wont be an easy win, and a game we could certainly get embarassed and lose in

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Bills need so much to fall into place for them to make the playoffs, I wouldn't worry about that.

The one thing I will worry about, that I just realized, is that we pretty much can't make the playoffs if the Bills win out. There's a condition in the NFL playoff rules that prevents a team from making the playoffs if there's a team above them in their own division who didn't make the playoffs (which is fair) even if they have sufficient tiebreakers and credentials. If the Jets go 3-1 and either the Steelers or Chiefs go 2-2, the Jets have the merits to make the playoffs, BUT if their 1 loss is to a 10-6 Buffalo team, the Bills will finish 2nd in the AFC east by virtue of a 2-0 head to head and cock block the Jets from the playoffs.

15. jerseyjay14

i dont think anyone is ignoring the bills.... but if we lose to them we miss the playoffs anyhow so its kind of moot what they do

LIJetsFan likes this.
  16. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

Taylor isn't lighting up the yardage / game but he has 9 TD and 0 INT, 1 lost FUM in his last 6 games. He's not losing games for them with turnovers. He doesn't have to light up the scoreboard to beat the NFC east, he needs to prevent turnovers and he's done that well recently.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

All these scenarios dont mean crap. Wehave to just beat our opponent and worry bout the Scoreboard later

In the NFL every weekend you could potentially win or lose

This Sunday oddsmakers consider us a moderate/heavy favorite and they do this for a living. Plus this is not the Battle of NY again or a team close to contending, or a Div rival. Coconut Boy Mariota and his receivers are just playing to impress their management. We absolutely have more at stake but we gotta stay loose.

The Titans will score some points but I am counting on the Jetsies scoring 4 TDS here at least

How good are the Cowboys ? as good as the Giants? Houston ? No way.

the last two weeks are nailbiters. Actually think the NE game given their bad injuries might be the easier than Buf

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha yeah, that is a bad comment. The Raiders were hot when they played the Jets. It was a tough match-up. The Eagles were in a Must-Win spot, got an early lead, and hung on. The Texans are good at home and their Defense was tough. Not to mention they put together a good game plan. The Titans? Well, they are (3-9) and just beat the Jaguars to secure that 3rd win. Other wins were against Winston and the Bucs Week 1, and a Rob Ryan Saints Defense. This is a playoff Scenario thread. If you think the Jets are going to have a hard time with the Titans, you really should not even be in here. And if the Jets lose to the Titans, not much need to keep discussing playoffs at all.

19. slimjasi

I agree that it won't be an easy win, but I don't see the Titans being better than the Eagles. Maybe only marginally worse. It's debatable. Let's be honest, all of these teams (us included) are mediocre until proven otherwise, lol. My hope is that this Giants win is going to spark us. I think we have some really good players. Nobody can really cover both Decker and Marshall. You can make an argument that we have a top 2 or 3 receiving tandem in the entire league. And when healthy, I still think we have one of the best overall secondaries. Our pass rush is solid, but probably slightly overrated by the national sports media and in some corners of our fanbase. If Fitz is going to play well, we have a chance to do something. And you are right, we can easily lose to anyone at any time.

#579 slimjasi, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  20. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If its a 4-way tie at 10-6 then we aren't considered unless the Jills have the 5th spot which they won't as KC would have victories against both them and the Steelers.

If it's a 3-way with the Steelers in the mix and the Jills edge them courtesy of strength of victory then we lose out in common games (Pats, Raiders, Browns, Colts).

There's no real situation where we can end up behind the Jills and grab a WC short of KC and the Steelers imploding as the only team we hold a clear tiebreak over, thats still alive is the Colts.