Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Finishing ahead of Miami would be good enough for me. I refuse to get sucked into believing that we can win out and make the playoffs, no way...we've given up too much this season.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We still have hope. The Jaguars play the Dolphins next week, so theoretically one of them is going to get eliminated from the playoff race next week.

Then the Jaguars play the Patriots the week after.
    Then the Colts the week after that.

Those could be 3 straight losses for the Jags.

Miami has to play:
    Jags
    Titans
    Texans
    Steelers

So they aren't in a good position either.

But then again neither are we, but we do seem to have the easiest schedule considering the Colts and Bengals we might be playing against their backups.

3. 624

624 Banned

The Dolphins get eliminated with a loss, the Jags are still alive with a loss, I think I'm rooting for the Phins on that one and then they need to lose one of the last 3. Jacksonville and the Pats are the teams we need to lose most. The Broncos are in the playoffs, they still play Oakland and Kansas City. But after the benching of Russell and Cassel who knows?

We just need to fucking win out or it is all pointless.

#123 624, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also still a possibility but its far out. Taking the Broncos wild card....

We would need to win out and they would need to lose 2 games...Their schedule

Colts
    Raiders
    Eagles
    Chiefs

I could see the Broncos losing all four of those games. The Colts they will lose to. The Raiders they can lose to. Eagles will beat them especially because they are in a playoff race. And the chiefs did upset the steelers so they can do it again.

5. SanchezToEdwards

I'd say best case scenario the Broncos lose 2 of those 4 games against the Eagles and Colts. I know it can happen but I don't see the Raiders or Chiefs beating them down the stretch. We already got a gift with the Raiders beating the Steelers today

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

That and Vinitieri.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Don't doubt the Raiders. They did beat the Eagles also.

If the Jets did end up tied with the Broncos who'd get the tie breaker? would it be wins against common opponents?

8. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

GREAT thread man! And thanks for it. :up:

9. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Its sad to think about.

The Jets gave the Saints offense the toughest game this season. They only ggave up 10 points, and the Saints scored their TD with under 6 mins to go in the game.

Jets Defense gave up 10 points. Mark Sanchez gave up 14. :mad:

10. Freeman_McNeil#24

Dude,

Is he cashing in? That has gotta suck. I doubt many saw that coming....

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I called it early on today, but at the time I wasnt sure if roethlisberger was playing. Good to see the steelers underachieving.
    :steelers:

12. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Just curious, what was it about Dennis Dixon's performance last week against Baltimore that made you think the Raiders would beat them if Big Ben wasn't playing (no flame, just curious about your reasoning, I thought Dixon played pretty well all things considered).

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Pittsburgh has been playing iffy football since Cincinnati beat them to take the division lead a month ago. They've now lost to Kansas City and Oakland over that span. Next on tap is the Browns and the Browns are to the Steelers like the Bills are to the Jets, a much worse team that often gives them fits.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Except that Cleveland hasn't beaten Pittsburgh since 2003 and hold just 2 wins in this entire decade vs PIT.

15. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Right, but we're talking about the Raiders. I understand the whole "Any Given Sunday" thing, but I can't think of a team outside of the big losers this year (Cleavland, Rams, Lions) that I would even consider picking Oakland to win. Now obviously they've beaten "better" teams (Philly, and now Pitts), but I just can't think of any reason why I would have actually PREDICTED an Oakland win...I'm just curious as to what factors would push someone in that direction

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well the easiest reason to have picked the Raiders to win this game is that they beat Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago and the Steelers have been playing mistake-prone football and have a concussed QB.

I didn't think the Raiders were likely to win this game but looking forward I'm not sure why the Steelers should be expected to do better than 8-8 at this point. I actually think that's the most likely record for them.

17. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

He actually forgot about it... I wont bring it up either, that might hurt since he is about 250...

18. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

He hasnt brought it up yet.. He runs about 250... It would hurt bad.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If he wont do it, I've been dying to punch you square in the face without the repercussions...

deal?

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Cleveland are not as terrible as their record suggests. They're going to beat someone and they'd love to eliminate the Steelers...