Plans For The 2010 Tailgate Season

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 19, 2010.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i walked it back after the 3rd quarter was over.damn i hated that walk

2. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

17, you might want to consider a different IZOD lot.

I parked in Lot 26...came thru the toll plaza and went left toward the SkiSlope and parked.

There is an exit from the lot thru the fence over there to either the Cattlewalk or to quickly grab the bus.

So when I arrived, I had to go to the Stadium side to meet someone.

I left my tailgate...walked out the fence exit..thru the cattlecar and onto the plaza outside the Verizon Gate...
    7 MINUTES FLAT !!

Lot 26 is very big with lots of spots...and if they are not going to allow walking across 120..then this might be a good option for you.

PS: The bus ride was easy as well.

3. 17a_tailgater

i just hate the cattlewalk period. it is only a 3 minute walk from 27 to that bus stop your talking about.i dont mind the walk to the stdium as the alcohol and the anticipation is awesome. it is the walk back. its really all pyschological anyway.

4. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

They really need to add a pedestrian walk to that overpass to connect the northern Izod lots with the north side of the stadium. How hard can that be? If they did that I really feel like I'd be in pretty good shape in the new digs on all counts. For now I guess I'll just have to close up shop 15 minutes earlier and deal with the long walk. Still shorter than walking from Lot P.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I left in the middle of Q2, I had to drive home to Mass. Nice meeting you guys, looking forward to the Ravens game..

6. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Hey, Jets nation.

My wife, dad, mom, and I attended the AFC Championship Game in Indy. For those Jets fans who were lucky enough to be there and happened by the Claddaugh Irish Pub in downtown Indy that day... what a fun scene! Gang Green took over a corner in Indy that day.

I'm hoping to reproduce that fun-loving atmosphere in Detroit vs. the Lions on Nov. 7th. OK, I know it's not the AFC title game, but what the ****?! Given the prices of an NFL ticket these days, every game (home AND away) should be a party.

So, if you plan on being in Detroit, hit me up. I'd love to get some Jets fans together the night before. (I would suggest the morning of but I don't know the layout of Ford Field's lots... plus it'll be November.)

-- Jets Dan

7. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Anyone have any suggestions about a way to get from Manhattan to the new stadium that doesn't involve driving a car or pissing away 3 hours of life? I'd love to hear from someone who has done it. We're traveling from the Midwest to see the Packers game. Thanks.

8. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

See you at the opener, nice meeting you guys too!

9. KHeffner

KHeffner New Member

Is anyone tailgating in Lot J. I got in there pretty easily for the pre-season game and it was easy leaving. Probably just going to set up shop there and wanted to see if any one else was.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

J is right by the turnpike so it's a pretty easy exit. My group prefers K. Plenty of spots on the island areas with parking spots up against them and no huge fights for parking spots. Also easy exit out to route 3.

11. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Well taking the train from Manhattan to the Stadium should not take more than 45 min if you get the trains right

12. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Does anyone on this board have experience setting up a DirecTV HD satellite in the parking lot they can share? Have a huge group of non-ticket holders going to remain in the parking lot. Normally we just get the OTA HD signal, but with it being on ESPN it is a little more difficult.

Also any idea what time they open the lots for Ravens game?

Thanks in advance for any help.

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

The game is always broadcast here in NY on a local broadcast channel so no need for the satellite hookup.

Secondly, the lots open 5 hours prior to the game. Not a minute more.

14. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Thats a huge weight off my back, although I'm sort of pissed I didn't figure that out before taking down my Satellite dish off the side of my house and getting a tripod. Oh well, I have FiOS anyways now.

So 2pm. You think with it being Monday it will be less of a line to get in like there was last year? Is everyone going planning to be there around 2pm or what?

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Die hards will be there early and lined up waiting for the lots to open. After that, there is usually a lull until about 3 hours before the game with minimal problems getting in. Within 3 hours, it begins to get chaotic and with regular rush hour traffic, it will make for a wonderful clusterfuck.

Tailgating spots are up for grabs this season so I really don't know how things will go. My best guess is it will take a few weeks for everyone to get their plans down pat and be able to best locate their spot/tailgate/entrance, etc.

Me? I'll be there before the gates open to the lot.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Should be a decent 2 pm crowd. Me personally I'm always there 20 minutes before the gates open. However I can't get off work until 3:15 for that game so I will hopefully be in the lots by 4. I think there are other people in the same situation as well. The 7 pm kickoff is great since you're home much earlier but makes tailgating much more difficult.

17. 17a_tailgater

already have a v-day on monday. ill be there at 2pm to secure this seasons tailgate spot.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I swapped days at work. Swapped a Saturday for a Monday. In actuality, not a fair deal but for MNF it is.

Gonna have to do this a couple times this season.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Not sure I believe you...

[​IMG]

20. 17a_tailgater

BASTARD!!! your ruining my street cred.