Plan B

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedRoute1, Dec 20, 2020.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

51 years and counting

NCJetsfan, Pepsiguy5 and Cman68 like this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I don’t know.. they both are mirror images of one another.. same frame, same type of delivery, both can extend plays with their feet, both hold the ball too long... JD has a really tough off season now..

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but when the HC is calling plays for the RB to run up the gut, instead of opening things up, that's going to hold down the passing game.

papapump likes this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Meant Russell Wilson.

5. ColoradoContrails

The caveat here is: as long as they get rid of Gase.

papapump likes this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Game in and game out he never even reaches 200 yds even when we are losing

REVISion likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

Morgan isn't playing. Gase's chances of remaining as HC are linked to Sam showing he's improved, or at least still has "potential". Then Gase can tell CJ; "See? If you get rid of me you'll have to get rid of Sam and start all over". Of course that's EXACTLY what needs to happen, but the Clown Brothers are clueless and are more afraid of the word "rebuild" than they are of retaining the worst HC in their history.

8. ColoradoContrails

Again, not saying he's great, but you saw what he did yesterday which was against one of the best defenses in the league - against the GREAT AARON DONALD!. Factor in Gase's playcalling, and that much of his time has been spent playing with a patchwork of mediocre talent, different each week up until the past two weeks, and there are valid reasons why he hasn't played up to expectations. Look at Wentz - he's played with much better talent and coaching and he looks like he's lost his job, but he was once thought of as a great QB.

Darnold isn't Mahomes or Watson, but he could still be better than average and capable of winning a SB with the right talent and coaching around him. I doubt that happens on the Jets, but you never know.

Noam and vokab206 like this.
  9. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Coming into the season there wasn't much talk about Trevor coming here. The goal was to see what Sam could do and then all of his receivers got hurt, they traded away Bell and/or misused him. Darnold was throwing to the Jeff Smith's of the world. I'm looking at this schedule this year and every game is against a damn playoff team. The ones against non playoff teams he's played pretty well. But then again, you look at the Eagles and they switched to Hurts and he's played very well so I am literally right down the middle in my opinion. The Jets organization has done Sam no favors. However, he's done himself no favors by making the same mistakes so it's a coinflip. Do you get him the weapons and sign him on the cheap and see what happens when a competent coach comes in? Look at Josh Allen..he's gotten better coaching and the organization has put the right pieces around him. Same for Baker Mayfield. Really makes you wonder what Joe is going to do because Becton looks like an absolute stud. Mims will be a good fixture and they need a WR/TE/RB to go with the team and then they can be a competent offense with a new coach. Tough choice. Remember...the Jags can still beat the Bears.

NCJetsfan, FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That has to be on Gase and the type of plays he calls though, the very reason Robby was unappreciated here and in the end virtually unused.

Gase is to blame for everything shite at this club for the last two seasons, we were shit before he came but now we are miles below even that sorry level.

I bet he is laughing his micro cock off at the win knowing what it has cost the fans in the long term, that'll teach them to fly a fucking plane over the stadia, cunts.

Gase if you're on here you narcissistical twat, fuck off back where you came from.

Lon Chaney, FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Joke's on us, he's rich as fuck.

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The 2 arguments for Sam are
    1. When things go off script he is a playmaker
    2. The script basically sucks.
    Plan B is going to be so what ever the new coach thinks when he gets here and breaks down the tape. If he thinks Sam can be salvaged that’s what will happen.

13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Is he? Sam's 3 years of evidence have shown he's a bottom 5 QB in the NFL. I'm not high on Fields at all but even his worst case scenario would basically just mean we have another Darnold.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

there is no need of rebuilding or developing the current state of this team regardless if Darnold’s the Team’s QB next year under Gase. The team is going to be youn the next two years just bring in a new coaching staff, please????

ColoradoContrails likes this.