PFT: NFL attendance hits a 15-year low

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 4, 2020.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Game is perfect on TV. Injuries, score updates, and stats right in front of your face. Guy comes out of the game? I'll know right away.

It is too expensive to go to the games now. I won't pay to sit in the upper deck, just won't do it to myself so I'll spend an extra 25-40 bucks a seat to sit behind the endzone in the Mezzanine level. The parking pass is a minimum $60 for the Yellow lot. I paid $100 for parking to opening day to park in Lot M. I'm not going to walk 3 miles to get to my seats and park in the Orange lot P behind the racetrack or the other side of Rt 120. Let's not forget the damn fee's that these websites take. The fee's that StubHub charges you are basically like buying another ticket. It's ridiculous.

Jonathan_Vilma and MJK like this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You end up watching the screens most of the time when you’re there in person anyway. Save the dough and the hassle and just watch at home.

3. Other than the cold..nothing beats the gameday experience.

Dont care about Tailgating,concessions,parking or traffic.

Just let me see a Jets win surrounded by 70,000 fellow fans & theres nothing better.

zace and Brook! like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You go Kurt.

Nothing like witnessing a win live in the stadium.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lol as someone who plays in a paid league, I can totally get this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I essentially just eat before I get to the stadium unless I'm stuck there for an event. Way too expensive, no argument there

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think I'd feel differently if the team was competitive. But there's nothing I hate more than going to a Jets game that's 70% Steelers fans in November, which may be why I've soured on going to games beyond home openers and what not.

Sunday Ticket and fantasy has also influenced me to stay home. I think in a 9-10 win season I'd be willing to concede those things to watch the Jets live. But until then it's sort of a waste of time to watch them lose to the Browns in prime time and score 3 points.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is there any entertainment sector that has improved spectator attendance in the past decade? Sports, music, theatre?

Somewhat related...after decades of screen sizes getting larger, I'd bet that the average screen size per pair of eyes has dropped drastically in the past five years.

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

MLB has to be more fan friendly, their existence depends on game day revenue. Ticket sales alone generate nearly 1/3 of all revenue. Add parking and concession money, they are dependent on attendance.
    The NFLs money comes from TV and streaming deals. Stadium income is the smallest source of income for them.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'd rather be 15 feet from my fridge watching than going to that concrete pile of shit and forking over $15 for a beer to see them lose. Pass.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.