PFT: Jets tipped their plays on goal line vs Steelers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by babyknight, Jan 26, 2011.

1. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

just saw this on profootballtalk, some of you may already have seen the analysis on playbook:

2. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Just another example of the defense being smarter than Schotty. No surprise there.

3. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Isn't it really an example of a backup (Hunter) f&*(ing it up?

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That article is pointing more to bad execution, not piss poor play calling which we all know it was.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The word cute was used... hmmmm

This set of plays was the only time I was yelling at the TV during the game. It was handled horribly, and that cannot be denied. Its why Schotty has haters - in crucial moments in the red zone you get this bullshit.

His red zone calling is bad. Being ranked near the bottom of the league shows that. Its something he needs to get better at.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Unless the call has hunter in a 2pt stance.

We don't know which is true.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No.................

8. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Hey I would have run it with Greene 4 times but I'm pretty sure that it's the OT's decision what stance to be in and Hunter fucked it up that one play.

9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

So it's Schotty's fault, not the Offensive line coach, that Hunter tipped the play?

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Schotty did a poor job on that series, I think Hunter probably fucked up being in a 2 point stance though. Who knows what happens if he's in a normal 3 point stance.

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

No, the fact we didn't score due to terrible play call, setup and execution is Schotty's fault. He runs the offense, it's his responsibility.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

This series of plays may forever be criticized. I think we were all yelling something at the t.v. at this time.

I do have to wonder what would have happened if Hunter lined up normally and Woodley attacked the LOS. The slant was open behind him.

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

He's not in a two point stance if Schotty calls a running play.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If you run the ball 4 times there, like you are supposed to is Schotty's fault. As always, he gets to clever for his own good at the worst times.

Dick Lebeau is 10 million times the football coach that Schotty is. Dont fuck around, just run it...

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have no problem running 3 times and going Playaction once in no particular order as long as the PA was run correctly...
    That said, we looked totally unorganized on that series and the final call of LT up the gut and not going over the top was just asinine.

Why was Shotty hellbent on over using LT all game in this type of physical game especially when the ShonnMower started gashing them and running people over?

I mean, there is no excuse for Shotty's ineptitude....NONE

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No, one throw is fine. The play action roll out to Keller was a good call, it looked like Sanchez just threw it a tad early. The call on 3rd down was asinine. Two chances to get 1 yard. If we ran it on 3rd and it got stuffed, we would have been close enough that the QB sneak would still be in play on 4th and inches.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Woodley must be a genius...

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Then, using this logic and giving Callahan a pass, it was Ryan's fault, he's the HC, right?

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Why do you throw to Keller? I get that many Jets fans like him for reasons that are beyond me, but why not a fade to Tone or a HB screen to LT? Keller is the last guy I want to throw the ball to. He has bad hands, and everyone knows that Sanchez inexplicably likes throwing the ball to him. Oh, and every single NFL team loves throwing to TE's in that situation.

And honestly, if you are going to run, might as well run on 2nd too. Dont let the D get confidence.

And we all agree that the 3rd down call was retarded.

But hey, at least we get to watch this non-sense again next year. I cant wait.

And I will say this now, if Rex does keep Schotty, and the team loses games because of him next year, and then Schotty basically helps lose a playoff game, I am calling for Rex to be fired too. It is arguable incompetence for Rex to keep Schotty.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Cus when you go to Keller, sometimes you get the match up you want. You either get a LB that's too slow to cover him or a safety that's too small and Keller can essentially just box him out and make a grab.

That was a good call the execution was slight off (at least that's how I recall it). Looks like Sanchez threw it a little too early. In the Colts game he overthrew him when he was open in the end zone.

In a perfect world we run it 4 straight times but remember in 2008 in Favre's second game as a Jet we had a similar situation and we ran it 4 times, didn't get it? I distinctly recall this board going nuts about that call. Calls look good when they work, terrible when they don't. The 3rd down call was one of those calls that you scratch your head even if it works.

You're crazy if you think we lost this game because of Schotty. Crazy.