PFF ranks Jets Receiving Corps 29 out of 32

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nobody should be surprised by this.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It’s a tough loss especially @ NE and @ PHI where offense is going to be tough to come by.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s not really all that surprising that a website that bases every bit of their decision on statistics ranks our group low considering Crowder and Enunwa played 19 games total last year.

I’m not worried about our WRs at all. I do wish we had that stud top tier guy that can do it all, but we have a good combo of a lot of specialty guys. Robby is a great deep threat who is learning to run routes, Crowder is a slot guy who can also get downfield and Q is the big body. They’ll be fine.

#23 BroadwayAaron, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    LAJet likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I dread that Philly game. We’ve never beaten them if I recall correctly, and they’re stacked. Could get ugly.

5. Big Cat

Thankfully we’re off our bye so maybe we can catch the Eagles with some early season fatigue while we have fresh legs...

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It definitely seems low, but could be accurate. I don't keep up with most other teams. It doesn't bother me though. I think they will make a lot of plays. Let other teams underrate us and not take us seriously. Hopefully, it will help motivate out guys to play even harder.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The beauty is that with so many capable receivers, none of them have to have 1,000 yards or double-digit TDs. Each of Anderson, Enunwa and Crowder could have 700-800 yards and 7-10 TDs between them, and when you add in another 700 yards and 7-10 TDs or so from the RBs and another 500 yards from Herndon and 5+ TDs that's around 3,600 yards and 25 or so TDs from Sam. I'll take that any day.

#27 NCJetsfan, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Ridiculous.

joe likes this.
  9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

We have three average #3 wide receivers and one average #1 TE (who is suspended). Every other WR or TE on the team is lucky to be on an NFL roster. I'm surprised we're not dead last.

Don't get me wrong, if we were gonna suck at one position on the field, I would want to to be our receiving corps ... "superstar" WRs are so not worth the money (and headaches). But we do definitely suck at that position.

10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

If WR play is going to be a strength it will be through further development. Broadcasters, media people etc, know Anderson, Enunwa and Herndon and have reported the potential. The potential that fans see.

PFF is going off of the units numbers which include missed games and growing pains by those 3. Off of numbers fed by a rookie QB. Not off where they could/should wind up with growth of the WRs, QB and a new coaching staff.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

All Gas No Shake, FJF, twown and 3 others like this.
  12. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Understood, I'm just trying to come to terms with how a stats based site like PFF would rank them so low. I think our guys have a lot of potential but that word is from the Latin "potenia" that loosely translates to "ain't proved shit."

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think they are putting to much emphasis on the #1 receiver. We don't have a true #1 but we have 4 quality receivers.

LF911SC likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's obvious that our receiver corps needs a catchy nickname.

Our new uni's aren't doing the trick.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Big Cat

Having a superstar #1 WR is cool for fantasy football, media coverage, public perception and PFF rankings.

Having a couple solid, complimentary options is cool for moving the ball and winning games. We’re absolutely fine at receiver unless someone gets hurt.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not to mention, if Sam gets good at distributing the ball evenly and also relies on receiving TEs and backs, the Jets don't have to shell out any diva WR money.

Look around the league at the teams with game breaker wideouts and tell me any of you would want to deal with that shit.

NY Jets68, FJF and Big Cat like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There's a bunch of 'em.

That Julio Jones guy comes to mind.

18. Big Cat

You don’t need a Julio Jones type player to have a successful offense. Also every time I turn on my TV that guy is looking for a new contract. Feels like at least 3 times in the last 5 years.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't say that....but it certainly couldn't hurt.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The reality is, fans are over valuing our WRs, ( last season the foursome of Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, and Pryor was going to be unstoppable) and the "experts"are under valuing them. They will more than likely be ranked somewhere in the middle at seasons end baring injury.
    As for not needing a true #1, think what damage Q,Crowder and Anderson would do with Bell at RB and Jones,or Hopkins opposite Anderson.

Jets81 likes this.