PFF 2021 Mock Draft Simulator

Discussion in 'Draft' started by James Hasty, Feb 28, 2021.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

5. Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame
    10. Charles Cross OT Mississippi State
    36. Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati
    40. Christian Harris LB Alabama
    41 David Bell WR Purdue
    68. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
    112. Jahleel Billingsly TE Alabama
    113. Brian Asamoah II LB Oklahoma
    146. Cade York K LSU
    159. Cade Mays OG Tennessee

Hutchinson and Thibodeaux went in the top 3, so I traded down from 4. I doubled down on LB, TE, and players named Cade.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

With 5 games (weeks) left we all need to start pulling for the Bears and Giants to win a few to pull away from the top 5. At the same time we obviously want Seattle to lose as many as possible. Unfortunately I think they play the Lions at some point.

I personally look at the schedule and see 5-12 for the Jets. Hopefully that would keep their own pick at about #4. I don’t think Houston or Jax have enough winnable games left to make up the difference with the Jets projected final record and I see one of the Jets wins coming against Jax.

It’s gonna be interesting ….

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Just took a stab at 2022 and was happy with the results:

11 Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M
    12 Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU
    36 Jaquan Brisker S Penn State
    40 Kingsley Enagbare EDGE South Carolina
    51 Drake Jackson EDGE USC
    76 Christian Harris LB Alabama
    96 Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame
    113 Quay Walker LB Georgia
    139 Chris Hinton DT Michigan
    146 Damone Clark LB LSU
    151 Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia
    160 Kellen Diesch OT Arizona State
    183 Lucas Krull TE Pittsburgh (Traded 2023 5th rounder)
    233 Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu OT Oregon (traded 2023 6th rounder)
    2023 CAR 2nd
    2023 ATL 3rd
    2023 PHI 3rd

I traded away our 2023 picks in round 5-6 for players that dropped to me but picked up three higher picks for that draft earlier in the process.

I got a couple weapons on offense but the focus was on the defense and offensive line.

I think the duplication at some positions was a good thing as we will not hit on every pick and could use depth.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Oh my God a tight end named KRULL?!?!?!

[​IMG]

Sign me up!!!

stinkyB, chrisamado and James Hasty like this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I saw that one in the theater when it came out.

abyzmul likes this.
  6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The 2 top edge rushers were gone.

I know some will hate safety and center with the top 2 picks, but IMO, both are locks as future pro bowl players. Hamilton is a special player. Linderbaum is the best center I've seen coming out of College. Also, our current center is good, not great, JD isn't going to take a 13 mill cap hit on him, he will be gone.

It's a simulator, so I believe a lot of my picks fell too far. Dean and Booth should be Rd 1 picks. Love Charlie Kolar, he won't last to Rd 4. Pierce is rising fast, the kid catches everything.

Disappointed I didn't pick up a guard, but too many solid defensive players were available in the 1st 3 rds.

4 solid defensive players should improve our unit.

4: R1 P4 S Kyle Hamilton - Notre Dame
    5: R1 P5 C Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa
    36: R2 P4 CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson
    40: R2 P8 LB Nakobe Dean - Georgia
    68: R3 P4 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
    110: R4 P8 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa State
    115: R4 P13 WR Alec Pierce - Cincinnati
    146: R5 P4 RB Jerome Ford - Cincinnati
    157: R5 P15 DL Dante Stills - West Virginia

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

NYJ

Evan Neal
    OT Alabama
    NYJ

Andrew Booth Jr.
    CB Clemson
    NYJ

Lewis Cine
    S Georgia
    NYJ

Myjai Sanders
    EDGE Cincinnati
    NYJ

Henry To'o To'o
    LB Alabama
    NYJ

Daniel Faalele
    OT Minnesota
    NYJ

Sam LaPorta
    TE Iowa
    trade icon
    NYJ

Tyreke Smith
    EDGE Ohio State
    NYJ

Sincere McCormick
    RB UTSA
    trade icon
    NYJ

Cade Mays
    OG Tennessee
    NYJ

Grant Calcaterra
    TE SMU
    trade icon
    NYJ

Zion Nelson
    OT Miami-Fl
    trade icon
    NYJ

Jaylon Hutchings
    DT Texas Tech
    trade icon
    NYJ

Corey Gaynor
    OC Miami-Fl
    trade icon

8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

One theme I notice was everyone traded back one first roun pick

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2nd round ha a lot fo solid players we could sue to fill holes. we need a lot of picks as a rebuilding team. if we can land an edge with our 1st pick, trading back the 2nd one for more picks makes more sense so in the late 1st/2nd we would have 4 total picks to address the LBers, RG, TE, and a BPA if someone slips. then we can start rounding out with the 3rd and 4th rounders like RB, S, maybe a CB or another TE or another LBer

10. CotcheryFan

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

12. CotcheryFan

WalterFootball has us taking Hutchinson and Stingley. If I knew we would get the 2019 version of the latter, I'd be all for it. Now, I'm on the fence.

That makes sense, but they did take Etienne with their second 1st rounder this year despite having Robinson.

13. GasedAndConfused

this time I went with a value draft. Note that KT and hutchinson were taken 1 and 2 so no premium edge to be had at 4 or 5.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I went with trading down at 4 to 14 for more picks in the 2nd round
    with the 5th I grabbed hamilton. Yes I know he's a safety but maye is likely gone, joyner likely gone, that leaves us with what we have now in astyn davis and riley and thats about all. Adding hamilton to pair with davis would be great and riley can stick around as depth. We need to start loading the defense with talent and he was the top talent available and I was going for value here

with the 14th I thought about trading down but green was there an he's a top 5-10 guy in the draft. hard to pass up the BPA who fills a massive need. that gives us 3 1st rounders on the line and he can step in at RG off the bat. Too good to pass up IMO. that would give us a line of becton, AVT, mcgovern, Green, fant. looks good to me on paper. moses is likely 1 and done for us but if we could resign him cheap as depth I would take it

in the 2nd I had 4 picks now thanks to 2 extra in the trade down but the extra from carolina in the darnold trade
    at 40 I took an edge rusher in drake jackson. We do need another edge so he fits the role. We'll also get lawson back to start with JFM. jackson wuold provide depth along with blair and huff. not sure if we keep shaq lawson.
    at 47 I took brandon smith as we need LBers badly. athletic ones too. Mosley has 1 year left then he is gone. Sherwood will be back but unknown, quincy stays another year for sure maybe longer. he's earned it. all the rest can be gone.
    at 48 I took wydermeyer. he's been slipping down boards but we need a TE and I think he's got TE1 potential still. matter of fact we need more then 1. we can keep kroft for another year but RG and DB have to go. yeboah can compete for a roster spot
    at 56 I took RB breece hall. Yes it's a luxury pick but with so many picks we have that luxury. we need a guy to pair with carter and the value was too good

in the 3rd I had 2 picks
    at 68 I took C patterson. we need better depth at C then feeny in case of injury and we need a guy to replace mcgovern in a couple of years so this is a depth/future pick but I see patterson with solid starter potential
    at 78 I took EDGE nik bonito. again more d-line depth is worth the flyer. even though he's listed at EDGE he's really a 3-4 OLB and probably too small to play DE for us but can play SAM backer which we need and even has decent coverage skills and can be a 3rd down situational rusher on the d-line and blitzer. I think we can find ways to use him

rest of the drafy where you go for flyers basically
    LBer pappoe speedy guy who can be a will for us maybe a mike
    2 TEs in laporta and krull. we need to remake the TE room. krull likely fights with yeboah for a spot on the PS or maybe they both land while laporta joins wydermeyer and kroft on the active roster
    S corker and CB jobe. corker for S depth we need and jobe to kick pinnock off the roster who has been awful.
    Added in a depth WR as well just in case cole and crowder both are gone
    and finally a developmental tackle

14. GasedAndConfused

i'm kinda getting locked into what I want now. o course with the combine and free agency things can change but got pretty lucky on this one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KT fell to 4 and hamilton fell to 6. this is my ideal scenario is that KT or hutch fall to us at 4 and hamilton lasts until the seattle pick. it gives us 2 playmakers that we badly need on defense. an edge rusher to go with JFM, lawson, and huff as well as an every-down safety that does everything. it instantly gives us much needed talent on defense.

in the 2nd round i grabbed wydermeyer. I think he's the best TE in the draft and TE is a huge need for us. If we don't take him there it's very likely the giants do as they are moving on from engram. Then i was able to trade down for more picks with the carolina 2nd rounder. there are 3 OGs in the 2nd i'd be happy with. I was lucky zion johnson fell that far so I took him but lecitus smith or ed engram would also be good picks in the later part of the 2nd round. any of the 3 should improve our RG spot.

then in the 3rd I took patterson it was a luxury pick but I have extra picks and we need a backup center and future starter there and the value was there. then with the extra 3rd rounder i got from trading down i grabbed pappoe to be our future Will LBer and replace mosley in 2023 and will be depth in 2022. sherwood and pappoe are likely the starters in 2023 and going forward with quincy playing the SAM in base defenses.

those were the picks in the top 100. after that I went for value needs. I grabbed erik ezukanma who's a big fast WR and could do hopefully what we wanted mims to be but mims isn't panning out. I also grabbed calvin austin III. thats 2 WRs to fill in for cole and crowder likely walking. depending on which one wins camp erik could be outside in 3WR sets with moore in the slot and if austin wons he'll be the slot with moore outside. it gives us good depth with davis, moore, the 2 rookies, berrios, and maybe mims or smith for the final spot

at RB i grabbed zonovan knight to pair with carter. value was there as it's a round later then he should have went. finally with the last 2 picks i added to the secondary. jobe is a CB i like a lot late who can battle echols for the CB2 spot and at worse provide depth. we have hall, echols, guidry, and MC II so jobe makes it CB 5. pinnock likely moves to safety as he's been better there and was awful at CB. finally to add to the safeties assuming maye is gone I grabbed pola-mao. the giant athletic safety is palamalus nephew and knows footbal. he's huge too and him and hamilton can be a force in the back end for us and we'll have depth with ashtyn davis and pinnock. davis likely starts over pola-mao for now and I think he can thrive next to hamilton.

joelip likes this.
  15. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

This draft is terrific! It's hard to believe that three GM's would be stupid enough to let Thibodeaux slip through, but stranger things have happened! And the extra picks next year would nail down our rebuilding process.

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I typically don't make trades in these, because I find they get too unrealistic. I really think we're going to see a trade back this year, so I tried to incorporate one in. I don't know enough about a lot of these players, but these are the positions I think the Jets will go with.

4. Aidan Hutchinson EDGE Michigan
    11. Jameson Williams WR Alabama
    35. Jaquan Brisker S Penn State
    38. Nicholas Petit-Frere OT Ohio State
    42. Brandon Smith LB Penn State
    69. Ed Ingram OG LSU
    109. Cade Otton TE Washington
    116. John Metchie III WR Alabama
    144. Tyler Goodson RB Iowa
    145. Josh Jobe CB Alabama
    157. Zakoby McClain LB Auburn

17. CotcheryFan

Somehow, the top 2 pass rushers were on the board in this simulation.

4. Aidan Hutchinson Edge Michigan
    6. Tyler Linderbaum OC Iowa
    35. Christian Harris LB Alabama
    38. David Bell WR Purdue
    69. Lecitus Smtih OG Virginia
    109. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
    116. Owen Pappoe LB Auburn
    145. Sincere McCormick RB UTSA
    157. Quentin Lake S UCLA

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Your boy Sam LaPorta looks like he wants to be a second round pick rather than a fourth round pick with how he’s playing today.

19. CotcheryFan

4. Kayvon Thibideaux Edge Oregon
    12. Devin Lloyd LB Utah
    35. Zion Johnson OG Boston College
    44. Breece Hall RB Iowa State
    69. Jarrett Patterson OC Notre Dame
    105. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
    108. Damone Clark LB LSU
    115. Smoke Monday S Auburn
    145. Quentin Lake S UCLA
    Additional Picks: 2023 Carolina 1st

The simulator now makes at least one of Hutchinson or Thibodeaux available at 4.

No WR taken, but with this haul, I'd get one early in the 2023 draft, preferably Boutte.

20. GasedAndConfused

unrealistic god tier draft

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]