Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Manning is one of the all-time greats but he's coming off a major surgery. If Sanchez is gone & Peyton is unable to play like his old self, the Jets are screwed. SB chances are pretty much zero. Jets D is solid but it's not dominant enough to carry an anemic offense to the SB.

Also, Peyton has so much success on the field & off the field (through commercials) that I just can't see him playing for a new team unless they extend his contract. So if the Peyton experiment doesn't work out, whatever team has him is gonna be sunk for multiple seasons. Personally, I'd love to have a healthy Peyton but that's not what the Jets or anyone else will be getting when they acquire him for next season.

#241 ajax, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

This is just as ridiculous as the thought of us trading for Peyton.

Fact is not only is Peyton going to play again, but he doesnt give us a better shot at a SB than Sanchez?

Thats absolutely fucking ridiculousness.

That said no way in hell is us trading for Peyton going to happen either, but theyre both quite absurd.

Hell id be excited about the Peyton trade moreso if it meant he was going to be able to mentor Sanchez for 2-3 years than anything. Because its pretty obvious that Sanchez is so far behind when it comes to changing his protections, spotting blitzes, decision making and so forth.

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

The Colts aren't taking any chances. They know Manning's chances of returning to full health are not certain. It's pretty obvious they're throwing their games. They're looking towards the future and I'm sure Luck will be a part of it. In fact, they will make sure they do. I'm predicting 0-16 for them this year, and considering they won't be the first team that did it, the shame will be less embarrassing for them.

As far as Manning's future will be, there is no way they will keep both QBs on their roster, especially someone like Payton who will want to move on just so he can start somewhere else. But where will that be? I know it won't be in New York. I can picture Minnesota, or even Miami.

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Manning would still have to pass a physical. But today it's been all over ESPN radio since Cris Carter said it.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Why don't we trade up for Robert Griffin (assuming he comes out) and then trade Sanchez? That would only put us back three years.

/sarcasm for the less intelligent posters

6. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

you act as if manning is young and stupid, like say a third year player. manning doesnt take sacks. he dumps it off,or he protects himself by changing the play,because he can read blitzes unlike sanchez, hits the short receiver,or simply throws it away. drop the o-line argument,peyton could play behind it. sanchez cant because he is not a superbowl winning caliber qb.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Manning was sacked 16 times in 2010

link

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

1 sack a game is not a lot at all.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I was under the impression "doesn't take sacks" meant ZERO sacks.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

LOL imagine Manning and Schottenheimer. It would be 2 yard pass. Run Run. 3 and out.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Oh alright I thought you were implying that he takes a lot of sacks. Manning is the best at flying through his reads and getting rid of the ball quickly though. In 09 I believe he had a ridiculous year with not taking sacks but I'm too lazy to google.

12. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Manning drops to the ground and is rarely hit hard lol.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

so, maybe the guy who should be traded is shotty and the qb coach.

14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Firstly, I really don't think the Colts would keep both Manning and Luck. But I don't think the Colts will pick luck. Clearly they have a better idea than anyone else, but say Manning is able to come back and play well for even another 2 years. Now, is Andrew Luck worth Peyton Manning? Because that is really what the Colts would be saying by drafting him. I've watched him play, and yes, he is good, but that's what people have thought about lots of College QB's. Now, how much do you think that pick is worth to a team like the Redskins, Seahawks, or the Dolphins? The Colts (and their fans) can brush off this season as an unfortunate fluke, but those teams need an injection of excitement like nothing else. I'd be willing to bet a team like that would be willing to trade a host of draft picks and probably a good player (just look at the Cardinals' Kolb trade). The Colts can use those picks to deepen their franchise for years, and another team can rally around Andrew Luck with the hopes that he really will be the next Peyton. This is all crap if the Colts really think that Manning is not going to play well anymore, but I doubt it. Sure there are other QB prospects, but the hope that luck will be a game-changer will be too strong for at least one team to turn down.

15. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

If you have Manning as QB, you could have a hamster as the OC, because the OC wouldn't be doing shit.

Manning basically dictates all the plays.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Holy fucking shit! 13 pages on the absolutely ridiculous idea of trying to bring Peyton Manning to the Jets. When I originally noticed this thread I thought it would get flamed out of existence in short order. I can't believe people are actually discussing this seriously.

Yeah, let's get fucking Peyton Manning, that will solve everything. Then we can get Favre to come out of retirement and sign a one year deal with us and we can be the first NFL team to run an offense with two QBs on the field at the same time! We'll be unstoppable!

Fuckin A...

17. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i like sanchez but id do this if the price was right

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Peyton the answer? so I suppose the question is "who will never be the Jets QB?"

19. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

sounds right to me.

i like how people assume he knows every single offense there is, and he could just go to any team and be the OC/QB that he is in Indy.

which completely ignores the fact that indy would be fucktarded in even letting him go.

20. ........

........ Trolls

If Manning were simply being smart about this, he'd never play a down again. I think people are downplaying the severity of the surgeries he's undergone and the risk he's placing on himself by taking the field again. Players with only minor injuries during their careers end up with major problems down the line. It may be more subdued for quarterbacks, but a major injury like this puts him in an incredibly vulnerable position.

Still, his competitive drive is going to take hold and he'll try to prolong his career. Either way, I don't want to watch him do so in green.