Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

I wonder what color he would claim Eric Smith to be if he felt his face with his hands?

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I agree we I can't completely and properly evaluate Mark Sanchez without a new OC.

3. TheGreenCantona

You are kidding aren't you. We moved up (by throwing in a lot), we were not a top pick team that the Rams, Lions and Tampa were!

4. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Peyton Manning $23 million dollars * estimated salary
    Michael Vick Approx. $20 million dollars *estimated salary
    Mark Sanchez $14.75 million dollars
    Ben Roethlisberger $14.75 million dollars
    Carson Palmer $14 million dollars
    Tom Brady $13 million dollars
    Matt Stafford $12 million dollars
    Matt Ryan $11.25 million dollars
    Philip Rivers $11.2 million dollars
    Tony Romo $11 million dollars
    Eli Manning $10 million dollars
    Jay Cutler $9 million dollars
    Aaron Rodgers $8.25 million dollars
    Drew Brees $7.3 million dollars
    Matt Schaub $6.8 million dollars

Of the QBs you mentioned, Sanchez makes FAR more than ALL of them. He is making 6.5 million more than Aaron Rodgers this year. Stafford is doing awesome this year too, as are a few others(not on your list). Also, many of the teams with the QBs you mentioned had top round picks due to bad seasons. You guys gave away tons to get Sanchez.

My point is a good one, with what Sanchez is being paid, he should be producing far more, consistently.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

Point #2 before writing off Sanchez

You mean like the Al Davis-less Raiders that gave up 2 firsts for a has been Carson Palmer - USC QB

justsayin

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Mantana Soss

Plus ... Flacco, Freeman, and Tebow were mid-1st rounders. Doesn't sound like a big difference until you consider both salaries and the price to move up.

That narrows the list to Russell (epic bust), Ryan (better than Sanchez), Stafford (I think he's better, but that's just opinion, arguments could be made either way), Bradford (great rookie year, sophomore slump, injuries, horrible team.. we'll see)

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

What's the question? I'm sorry ... I wasn't paying attention. Can you repeat it?

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You're fucking joking right?

Sanchez was a steal with what they gave to the Browns. Everyone and their mother laughed at the Browns for such a retard trade.

We didn't give up shit. Two picks and 3 JAGs isn't a lot.

10. TheGreenCantona

I like to hear your arguments on Sanchez aboveStafford, unfortunately for me it is not even a competition.

he is injury prone, which is the only really bad thing you can say about the kid.

11. fozzi58

If Manning is estimated for $23 mill with the jets under the cap at 10-12 possibly for next year, where is that money coming from. You are not clearing ALL of Sanchez' salary off the cap. Even if he was cut, he would have a portion guaranteed that would hit our own cap.

Who else with higher salaries are we going to cut off? If we get rid of all the "Jay Feely's" and Thomas Jones" there won't be enough room to keep Manning for 3 years and maintain any of our core players. Who else - Mangold? Revis? Brick? Harris? No thank you. I'll stick with them.

I'm no cap guru but even taking round numbers like $20 mil for Manning, with $15 mill in cap space, it would be incredibly difficult to get this deal done.

Listen to me - If Manning is willing to come here, and he passes a physical, and the Jets can get it done without mortgaging the entire future of the franchise? I am 110% behind it.

There's nothing more I want than to repay the NFL by having the Jets win the SB 2 or 3 times. The Colts had barely a Defense and were an instant SB fav every year and won 10 games or more for a decade. I have no problem cutting bait with Sanchez and landing Manning to be in that position for 2 or 3 years.

#211 fozzi58, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

you rememeber that play last year in the playoffs against the Patriots, sanchez moved a little out of the pocket, pointed braylon to a spot and threw a missile right to him?
    He looked like a top tier QB on that play, he's got the ability and the tools, I just think
    it's still going to take some time, he's ridiculously young, say what you want, i want results now too as much as anyone, but Sanchez' best is yet to come, and it will.
    I am not a huge fan of scottenheimer, but that's another dead horse i am sick of beating.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's not such a big deal. its not as if you need your QB to actually be able to stay on the field for a full season.

14. TheGreenCantona

Well i agree on that. 2 picks (1st and 2nd) + ratliff, coleman and anpther dude i cannot remember didn't feel like a lot at the time.

15. Mantana Soss

He's Favreian gunslinger for better or worse. Hard to compare effectiveness because he has Calvin Johnson and we don't. Very injury prone, hasn't win anything yet. Easy to come up with reasons.

That being said, Stafford has shown much more "throw the team on my back" ability than Sanchez, who is only trying to be a solid link on a chain.

16. fozzi58

You and everyone else can call Stafford a better QB than Sanchez. But if Stafford isn't on the field, he isn't making plays. That means Brunell is under center for us right now.

Which would you rather have. The struggling MS or a non-existent Stafford.

17. TheGreenCantona

of course it is a big deal, and i hope he has sorted it out now because I like their QB.

It depends on if we were talking about better pick or better player.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Sanchez has engineered some "throw the team on my back, come from behind wins" in 2010, so i wouldn't say he's totally inept at being clutch.

20. Mantana Soss

Manning signed a 90/5 deal, that's an 18M average. If for some reason his cap number is 23 next year, it means we'd be getting a bargain down the line. Thus we can either backload some deals, or load up then.