Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Ok I realize this season is not over and the following may seem crazy but just give it some thought. Do we really have a shot at winning the super bowl this year? Of course anything is possible, if we get hot late, Rex gets his defense fired up again, and IF Shitty can put Sanchez in a position to succeed, sure.

It seems obvious that Rex and Tanny will not let Shittenheimer go. Since they will not let him go, Shittenheimer will continue to set up Sanchez to fail. How do we counter Shitty? The answer is Peyton Manning. With Peyton in, he will have a lot more input on what the offense does. Dustin Keller will be his Dallas Clark, and Santonio will shine brighter than ever.

The Colts are on the road to 0-16 and will without a doubt take Luck. Peyton Manning has already stated that if they do take that route then Luck should start immediately, implying he should be traded or let go. I do not see the Colts keeping Peyton Manning on salary with Luck in the picture. Peyton I am sure will want to sign with a team that has the capability to win immediately. The guy still has 3-4 good years left in him. Loyalty means nothing and this is a business. Brett Favre left, McNabb left, heck even this guy Ellis left. It happens all the time.

Still sounds impossible? Who has been Peyton's biggest nemesis? Belichik. Whose shadow is Peyton living in this past decade? Tom Brady. Who are the JETS #1 rival? The Patriots. What has Peyton always lacked? A Defense. What do the JETS have/had? A Defense. A move to the JETS will make him neighbors with the Patriots. This would make for one of the biggest stories in NFL history. If he is able to go head to head with Tom and Bill twice a year, win a Super Bowl(s), how can we not call him the greatest QB of all time?

What about Sanchez? Take a pay cut kid or leave. I am not sure about you guys, but I want to see the JETS win at least once in my life time. If he takes a pay cut, then great, he can learn from the best. Sets us up for more success down the road. If he leaves, then fine, great teams admit their mistakes, and Sanchez so far has been one.

Now the one thing I cannot comment on is Salary cap. If someone has insight on whether this is even possible in terms of money, then please do provide some insight.

Maybe I am dreaming, Maybe I am crazy, but this would make for one of the greatest moves in JETS franchise history.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

youre fucking nuts

sanchez has won as as many road playoff games as anyone in history. The jets are not giving up on him. The jets dont have the cap space to take on Peyton's collosal salary. this is not madden, you can't just trade for one of the greatest QB's in NFL history. hell there is no guarantee the colts get luck, hell its no guarantee they take him if they have the top pick.

this is plain stupid.

#2 nyjetsrule, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  3. IATA

IATA Trolls

jesus fucking christ. you have to be fucking kidding me with this idiotic bullshit.

4. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

amen. lol jesus

5. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

I completely agree about Sanchez being a mistake to this point. Someone who is supposed to be a franchise QB simply cannot continue to play like a rookie in his 3rd year as a starter. It's unacceptable.
    If Manning can prove that he is fully healed and ready to play up to his standards then I would do whatever it takes to make this happen. Without question.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

duplicate account spotted.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Far fetched, not happening.

Sanchez will get released and not sit behind Peyton (see Pennington, post Favre acquisition). Manning maybe can play based on his desire but his ability to be a good passer after this surgery is up for debate. There's also the possibility that one hit will make him the next Christopher Reeve.

The colts will probably not release him and would want him to stay on with Luck anyway.

With a post like this please be sure to be on the island when they demolish it.

8. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Right it is farfetched. Peyton is not going to stay on with Luck. That is for sure.

I am crazy, I am stupid, makes for one heck of a sports story. Then again you guys are realists. Sorry I forgot Peyton was an impossible acquisition. In case you did not notice, they craziest things make for the greatest stories. And this could possibly be one.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I call hornet.

10. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Oh what a great record to hold. Yep that is what I want to see my team do. Win road play off games.

Sorry ill continue to dream the JETS will win a Super Bowl in my life time, you continue to dream Sanchez can win more road play off games and hold that record for eternity.

11. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Oh, I'm sorry. What was I thinking. Please allow me to correct myself:

Mark Sanchez is a savvy, championship caliber QB who is fully capable of raising the level of play of his teammates. Making it to the AFC Championship game the last 2 years was due almost totally to his outstanding play, and had little to do with the excellent defense and running game he had around him. It doesn't matter that he hasn't shown any strong improvement despite having the all this experience of 4 road playoff wins, because his consistent ~58% completion rate and ~78 QB rating don't need to be improved as these are exactly the kinds of results one would expect from a SB quarterback anyway.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

If anyone can shed light on this in terms of salary cap then please do so. I'd love to know if it is possible in terms of numbers.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

nay nay, you have misconstrued what i said. you agreeing with this absolutly fucking ridiculous premise of a thread indicates to me, that you lack the basic ability to understand when an idea is bad. of course being german, i can see where that trait came from.

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

it's not. it's also not possible in reality.

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

seeing as you are apparently a madden gm, you can probly win plenty of super bowls there.

16. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Ok if its not possible in terms of money then that is understandable. If it WAS, then in reality it is possible. Let me ask you this, assuming you had the money and assuming Peyton wanted out. Would you make the move or sit their with Sanchez?

17. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

It will be interesting to see what the Colts do, since they now have a 2-game lead on the #1 pick.

If they keep Manning, they will owe him a $28 Million bonus next March. If they trade him, that would be a huge number coming right off their cap.

The question is, what is Manning worth on the open market, and more importantly, how healthy will he be after 3 neck surgeries?

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

How about simple math...

Are you good with word problems????

Jets salary cap room 2012: $10~12 million

Peyton's Salaray 2012: $18 million.

$12 million minus $18 millions is negative $6 million. How much cap room do the Jets need to free up to acquire Peytopn Manning?

Hint: How many players on the roster will the Jets need to let go to free up the cap room.

Extra Credit: How many other areas of the team will decline/hurt by cutting off these players?

Let us all know when you figure it out...

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Thanks for this reply. The neck surgery is of concern. In my opinion, if he is cleared to play this season, and does, I believe that would be a strategic move by the Colts to showcase that he can still play. Marketing scheme to up his value. If Luck goes to Indy, I do not see them keeping Peyton around. Peyton himself won't want to stay.

As crazy and stupid as this may be, do you people not see how incredible of a move this really could be? The drama. Love it!

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

better to win road playoff games than lose them. Better to make the playoffs and not be there.

Hell the only PO games eli manning and Aaron Rodgers have ever won are road playoff games.

I don't know about you but i realize you have to make the playoffs to win the whole thing, and you have to make the AFCCG to make it to the big dance. Who gives a shit how you get there if you get there?

We all want the Jets to go 16-0 and be the 1 seed hosting in the postseason. But since its not possible right now, I'm rooting we make the postseason. Because once we get there, we are a dangerous team.