Peyton seems to be giving Revis a lot of respect...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kbsothman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

when has manning choked?

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

tell me....when you open your eyes, can you see the inside of your colon?

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Good goddess... Try letting go of Peyton's schlong. Then type.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you kidding me?

the knock on Manning...before the Colts won their superbowl...is that he couldn't win in big games.

How do i know more about your team than you do?!!..............oh wait......I actually WATCH the games.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

somewhere NYJUNC's Manning detector is going off. He'll be here shortly.

6. peytonmanning18

You didn't answer my question.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

2002 playoffs...41-0 Jets

Chargers...in the playoffs...twice.

The Patriots raped him a few times too.

Learn to do your homework before you spread messageboard retardation on our board.

8. peytonmanning18

So every playoff loss is a choke? If the Jets lose on Sunday it will be because Sanchez choked regardless of how the rest of the team plays, even if Thomas Jones fumbles 10 times it will be Sanchez's fault. The fact is that the Colts have choked one time, and that was in 2005 against Pittsburgh. There is a reason why the Colts WENT TO NEW YORK and lost, it's because the Jets were better, the Patriots were much better than those two Colts teams that went up to New England and played in horrible conditions for a dome team. You could argue that losing to the Chargers in 2007 may have been a choke but nowadays everyone seems to think the Chargers are just better than the Colts. The fact is that the Colts have lost one playoff game that they absolutely without a doubt should have won going into the game.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

weak excuses aren't helping your cause.

Thanks for coming out though.....

10. peytonmanning18

So you do think that every playoff loss is a choke? Typical of an uninformed ignorant so called fan. Kurt Warner choked in the Super Bowl last year, Tom Brady choked in 2007, Aaron Rodgers choked in the wildcard round against Arizona.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Heh, It's not a choke when no one expects you to win. Manning has always been a beast in the regular season, but until he got over that hump in 2006, the playoffs were his kryptonite. Get informed before you start spouting off from the mouth, calling other posters here "ignorant."

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I say at best, Peyton throws 20/34, 250yds, 2TD, 2INT. Problem is, it won't be enough to win. I say Jets take it 24-20.

As far as the Jets not having anybody near as good as Ed Reed in the backfield. His name is Darrelle Revis, and he's the best DB in the league. When I watch the first game between the Jets & Colts, I see a QB is overthrowing balls to keep it out of the reach of Darrelle Revis. That's going to be the problem come Sunday. Expect Manning to throw a lot of passes just out of the reach of his receivers, due to him trying to keep the ball away from Jet defenders. The Jets have the number one pass defense for a reason, and Manning is no idiot. The only person I'm worried about come Sunday is Dallas Clark, and Donald Brown/Joseph Addai. I know the Colts don't have much of a ground game, but I expect to see them gash us for one or two big plays when we're not looking.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What was Manning's record against Florida while he was in college? I believe I also read that he was 0-3 in State Championship Games in Louisiana too...

O just because I want to show you how uniformed you are...

99/00 playoffs vs Titans 19-42 227 yards ZERO TD's Colts lose 19-16
    01/02 playoffs vs Jets 14-31 ZERO TD's 2 INTs lose 41-0
    02/03 playoffs vs Patriots 22-47 237 yards 1 TD and 4 INTs
    03/04 Playoffs vs Patriots 27- 42 238 yards ZERO TD's 1 INT
    04/05 playoffs vs Steelers... not a bad game
    05/06 The one season he didn't fail
    06/07 vs Chargers Throws for over 400 yards and loses OBTW also 2 INTs
    07/08 again played good but only 1TD as they lose to the Chargers again

Just because I don't want to hurt your feelings more I didn't post the regualr season record to further prove how much choke there is.

The truth is Manning has had limited playoff success... good QB? Yes but no Montana or Elway when it comes to the the big games.

14. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

I guess the 2 INTs were returned for TDs too, because the Jets aren't going to score 24pts in one game.... The only way the Jets pull this off, is to keep scoring to a minimum...

This whole Revis infatuation has me puzzled... Yes he's great, but he's only a freakin corner... So Reggie only gets 30-40 yards, big whoop... If the Colts call their plays right, Revis won't sniff the ball 80-90% of the time... I'd rather play against Revis rather than Ed Reed any day of the week... Not because Reed is better, but he's all over the field...

15. Barry the Baptist

We got the same stuff a week ago... do you guys just copy and paste what the Charger fans wrote?

Only a corner who absolutely locks down your best WR allowing our defense to kick the shit out of your QB. Continue to underestimate because you guys are going to be in for a shock come Sunday.

16. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

How many times did we lose to the eventual SB champs? Getting to the SuperBowl takes a TEAM effort... Like you stated PM has done well the last 3 years, so how is he this big choker? If there's anyone who didn't show up in the playoffs, its Marvin Harrison...

17. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

Charger fans feared Ed Reed more as well? Absolute lock down is 35 yards in just over a half or can we expect up to 50 yards on a good day?

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Man was this thread tarded up. Thanks

19. GreenMachine

Thank you Dan Marino with a ring.

20. Barry the Baptist

I'm not one on making player predictions because Revis is the best in the league but even scrubs like Ted Ginn get lucky. Not even saying Ginn is on par with Wayne but I'll be surprised if he gets 50 yards.