Petition to bring Peyton Manning to the camp to spend some time with Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 27, 2019.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Won't shock me if Peyton shows up in some capacity. Whether it's on his own accord or with ESPN.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He put his testicles and butt on his trainers face. Then he lied about it and then harrassed her for years. She got 300k from the university. His behavior after the incident said to me he is a scumbag. His relationship, defense and friendship with the papa John's guy just confirms what a bad guy he is.

I agree he is great QB, arguably the greatest QB of all time and makes great commercials but he is not a good human being.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd let Peyton Manning put his balls on my face for 300 thousand dollars. I might even give em a lick.

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

FIXED.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They say every man has a price.

6. Id rather Manning become president of football operations until Jamal Adams retires from playing & replaces him

7. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Manning was a college kid at the time. Many of us less uptight types have pulled gags without thinking of the consequences at that stage of our life... doesn’t mean we aren’t good people.

I have a ton more respect for a guy like Manning vs a guy like Brady (On and off the field).

With that, Manning has never been a good mentor + I’d much rather have an equally articulate guy like Pennington helping Sam.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Nobody can teach Sam how to hawk pizza and insurance and lose in the clutch to NE like Payton Manning.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Fk Peyton and his daddy Archie too.

Didn't Manning's father make it known that he didn't want his son playing for the Jets before Peyton's decision to go back to Tennessee rather than being drafted #1 overall by NYJ come the 1997 NFL draft?

I want nothing to do with Manning with regards to Darnold. There are plenty of other All-Time great QB's who never shut the door on the face of our franchise who we could beg to work with Sam Darnold. Peyton Manning? He could convince a backup QB to sign here? But couldn't convince himself to declare for the 1997 draft to play for our Jets? Hah!

10. No Archie was fine w him playing for the Jets.He wanted the Jets to guarantee theyd take Peyton 1st overall which parcells refused to do.Understandable but likely a miscalculation in retrospect.

ColoradoContrails and TonyFtLaud like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wrong again.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...made-peyton-manning-jets-qb-article-1.2556313

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Are you saying that it was understandable from Archie's viewpoint or Parcells? I think it was understandable from Archie's viewpoint. He wanted his son to be the #1 pick. I don't think it was from Parcells' viewpoint. Parcells definitely should have guaranteed Archie Manning that Peyton would be the pick. The Jets desperately needed a young FQB. Vinny was old and was never that good anyway. That was part of the problem with Parcells, however. Everything had to be about him and his ego. His ego would not have allowed him to be hemmed in and forced to do something, even if it was in his best interests. I'm not even sure that he wanted a great QB, as that would take the spotlight off of him, and people could say the Jets won because of Peyton, not because of Parcells.

Even if Parcells had drafted him, I don't think that Peyton Manning would ever have become the great QB he did if he had been drafted by the Jets. Parcells would have ruined him. He would never have let Peyton have the rookie season he did where he threw all those interceptions, but in the process learned a lot. He would have had Peyton too uptight, playing too cautiously, never taking chances, and still would have been a run-first team.

#33 NCJetsfan, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Good looking uniform.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What if they're the size of his forehead?

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, now that we've determined what you do, are you open to negotiation?

17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He might come this year but the way things are going I think he'll be the GM next year. Convincing Johnson to have Gase come here, Simean. I think he'll be our next GM.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe he can teach Sam how to sing and hawk insurance.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I believe he'd make a great President of Football Ops for us. He's knowledgeable about the game and would surely have a plan to build a Super Bowl contender. Not sure he wants a FO position now though.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Don't disagree. Be a nice addition. Would prefer a homegrown Jet for that position like Curtis Martin but if we gave it to Peyton I'd be ok with it.