Peter King- The Importance of having THREE good CBs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kentucky Jet, May 13, 2008.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I actually have faith our CBs will get it done this year and that safety opposite Rhodes will be the weak link on the secondary... Barrett gets a raw deal from Jet fans just cause he gives such a huge cusion but he's actually not a liability in coverage he's had good games.

I hope Lowery turns out to be something.

2. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Pat Kirwan (sp?) of NFL.com recently wrote a similar article about the "Big Nickel" package. This is where a safety comes in instead of a 3rd CB. It's worth looking into. I would post it myself, but I don't know how to do that on this forum. It should be archived under Kirwan's recent articles.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Mr. Lowery.

4. OSUJetFan89

OSUJetFan89 New Member

I think with an increased pressure on the QB, those guys who may be a good #3 will be able to step up and fill that need at the 2nd CB position

5. WoolfolksUncle

New Place, Renewed Vigor, Relentless Approach... Andre Woolfolk will be the #2... easily... Brings the wood, has the speed (Considered a 4.4. flat, but ran some 4.3s at the combine... Has experience (good and bad experiences... need both to grow) .. He has been one on one successfully vs some really good receivers in which he was the victor for those games (Mason, Fitzgerald, Wilson (Pittsburgh)) and a couple of please forgets vs Harrison, Holt... Amazingly held his own vs Andre Johnson (Houston). He helps on the run, tackles well, and will knock the daylights out when necessary, just ask Jamal Lewis and Todd Heap ... he busted both up in the same game...

#25 WoolfolksUncle, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: May 15, 2008
  6. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

I have to agree with the guys saying barret could be a solid #2. While i know he is never going to be a great #2 he can def be solid.

I have seen him make some good plays over the past couple years plus he has been hurt. I believe he was playing with a cast on one of his hands for the good part of the season two years ago. While he isnt the fastest guy he is aggressive and always seems to go after the ball while he is tackling.

I dont know much about Lowery or Woolfork but hopefully one of these guys turns out to be a good find/pickup.

Finally Miller has the speed to keep up with anyone in the league its just his transition is where he usually gets beat. Im still holding out hope he pans out the way everyone thought he would. He just hasnt had the playing time to develop or for anyone to see what he really has. They were high on him coming out of camp last season hopefully they were right....