Peter King on Jets Colts game and Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Maybe I can't get the mental block of Cam being Tebow's backup out of my memory. I can't bring myself to say Tebow may get to Cam's level. I still think Tebow is a franchise QB.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Cam put his mechanical training into turbo -- first of all, he obviously had the talent for it. Second of all, George Whitlock is a genius. Cam even improved noticeably during his Heisman year. He worked all during the lockout on mechanics, and they put him in an offense with two killer pass-catching tight ends, plus Steve Smith (who catches anything within about 10 yards). It got him going early with good decisive reads and pulling the trigger.

If Cam ever struggles, it will be with interceptions. That's what always gets a quarterback who has all the tools.

3. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

Sanchez stinks. At some point the discussion has to turn from whether Tebow is better than Sanchez, to why people think it's necessary to perpetually lower expectations to support a QB who gets a pat on the back for throwing for 82 yards. Oh yeah, and for not losing the game, as is his habit.