Peter King: Jets Are Going 3-13

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

If we go 3-13 that will at least end the Wrecks Ryan era. Be the only good thing to come out of this. Then we might start trying to build a ballanced team with emphassis on some offense. Let the season begin. Hopefully Ryan's last coaching us

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Ever heard of Marty Mornhinweg? I'm sure you will by the end of the season.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's not Rex's fault that Sanchez did not develop properly or that he's even still stuck with him. We had a bad OC and a bad QB coach up until this year. Good offensive coaching goes a long way.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But so does talent. You think any ole QB can be good because if system? The players make the system because they have to go out there and execute. Sanchez just wasn't that good to begin with.

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

this pretty much exactly

6. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

2-14. Next year's new 4-3 DL will be Coples and Clowney outside, Wilkerson and Richardson inside. Freakin' scary. Let's lose them all this year!!

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

its absolutly rexs fault we are stuck with sanchez. he had 1000 opportunites to sit him last year and refused.

its riddiculous rex wasnt givent he ultimatum of being fired or taking the role as DC instead of OC

8. xxedge72x

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Utter bullshit. I am sure he was told by Tannenbaum he had to play Sanshit after Tannenbaium had just given him that huge raise..also the reason Tannenbaum is not here.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Boy, aren't you going to be in for a rude awakening, btw, is this a serious prediction?

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

So rex will still retain his job? Cause that's the only way we draft clowney, a new coach comes in an an think the DL, is their greatest need, then were in big trouble, first an for most finding a QB is a necessity, cause what's on the current roster is complete garbage.

12. xxedge72x

Since you're so sure the Jets are going to suck, why don't you make an argument for it rather than call someone out without any clarifying statement?

I think the Jets will be better than last year. Mornhinweg alone is a MAJOR upgrade over Sparano/Schottenheimer. We're also better at o-line (starters anyway) which will help the offense.

The defense is solid and that has never changed. We replaced Landry with Landry, which is a downgrade, along with the other safety spot, but that's not enough to sink the defense. Rex will mask the secondary issues with the best front 7 the Jets have fielded since Rex got here.

I believe from week 1 the Jets would've been better off with Sanchez, but its obviously not an option right now. Geno is young and will make mistakes, but he's also got a lot of great qualities which when harnessed and developed will make for a potentially bright future. Its a good place to be long term.

There will be waves this season that are rough but the team is moving in the right direction with youth, talent, and speed. This is the best coaching staff the Jets have had since Rex got here meaning an overachieving team is more likely than an underachieving team.

The only major concern at the moment is Genos extremely tiny body of preseason work which showed a kid who is perhaps not ready. However, the coaches are confident in his ability and where he's at today. So unless you think you know better than the coaching staff based on a game and a half, you have to at least give the benefit of the doubt this year.

So... Why exactly are the Jets worse than last year?

13. NewYorkEveryThing

It seems that only cheaters (pats) or killers(ray lewis) get Good reviews and win SB's. I never read king. Guy is ancient. Remember him from SI. Nothing ever good about the jets.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Jets will prove the doubters wrong. I am starving for some regular season football. Enough talk and drama. The analysts are wrong about a lot of predictions, every year. 1 game at a time.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

yep, brady quinn is now the veteran backup . let the sunshine in !:drunk:

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I just don't see the "improvements" the Jets made this year. Last year the Jets only beat I think 1 team that was much if any over .500 themselves and that feat required the Dolphins completely blowing one game and perhaps the most inept football win I've ever seen against the Cardinals. Buffalo, assuming a healthy Manuel, will be a much improved team this season...at least much improved over the Jets in comparison.

Looking at the first 9 games it's really not difficult to see the team as a 0 to 3 win team going in to the week 10 bye, with the likely result being 1-2 wins. The most winnable game I see in the first 9 games is the Titans game.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

They go 2-14 Teddy Bridgewater is wearing Green and White next year.

18. 85inthehall

The last 7 games they can possibly go 6-1 -- only one team above .500 last year -- that is where you need to see improvements from the first 9 games show up.

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Great idea. So our defense can go from top 5 to mid pack and the offense will have to put up 30+ each game in order to win.

Nothing like changing for the sake of change to set the team back another 3~5 years.

Thanks for the facepalm.

20. 85inthehall

Yeah the worst thing about a horrible year and losing Rex is losing his defensive mind. God knows what a new coach will try to do with the defense.