PETA: For people who were against signing Vick (Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Oh, for fucks sake, we're talking about dogs for crying out loud. You want to know why your dog loves you so much? Here's a tip: it has nothing to do with what kind of person YOU are. Its because you feed him, and he has a brain the size of your ankle. Vick abused dogs. That makes him a lowlife. Very unusual among NFL players. How many people do you know, let alone root for as professional athletes, have abused their own wives and girlfriends? These are professional football players, not goddamn social workers. A good portion of them are basically violent criminals who'd be in jail if they weren't given license to act the way they do on the field. Have some perspective.

Cakes likes this.
  2. ultrajet

ultrajet Active Member

I think that not recognizing Vick's redemption and the fact that he has made many efforts to make up for his crimes would not be totally fair either. I am a dog owner but understand that people can redeem themselves...I think Vick has done just that...so another words "Let's Go Jets"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cakes likes this.
  3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Don't feel sorry for the wives. They can walk away any time they want and knew what kind of man they are with. Plus, when they do walk away they get the $$ they wanted to begin with when they hooked up with the guy. If they stay in an abusive relationship, then that is on them, its not like they are chained up in the yard when he goes out of town at least ten times a season.

#123 JetsFan, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Leicester Jet likes this.
  4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Not that I agree with your point but it reminded me of a Daniel Tosh (or maybe Chris Rock) bit about wives and dogs.

You know how you can tell who loves you more, your wife or your dog?

Lock them in the trunk of your car for an hour and the one that's happy to see you when you let them out is the one.

_

FJF and JetsFan like this.
  5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If what you say is true, then imagine what he will do to our opponents!!!!!

6. JStokes

I had a buddy who swore his dog loved him so much the dog would blow him.

I said that fact that he smears peanut butter all over his schwonse probably had more to do with it.

_

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Hitler personally gassed any Jews either.

I hadn't looked very deeply into the dog-fighting case, but after reading some of the posts on here I looked some stuff up and being involved with what went on in any way, let alone being the driving force behind it, is pretty sickening. I hope he never sees the field as a Jet and I hope he's gone after one season. For people who say he has paid his debt etc., fair enough, that is a rational and reasonable stance and I respect it. He served his time and he deserves the chance to rebuild his life, but I hate the fact that he is on my football team.

And before somebody starts screeching that I'm comparing dog-fighting to genocide, I'm just making a point about blame and responsibility.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  8. JStokes

Well, there's something you don't read on a football fan forum everyday.

_

9. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Shit himself like the coward he is!

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is a terrible decision by the great and powerful Woody. But I will root for the Jersey. Hopefully Geno will play so well that we will never see Vick on the field.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If I see Vick in person I'm gonma ask him to sign my dog,ask him to sign just "Vick" with white marker on my dogs snout

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What makes you think this was a Woody decision? It makes plenty of football sense which leads me to believe it was and everyone-but-Woody decision.

13. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

To be honest thats my hope too. I hate to have Vick on the Team but I will still cheer them on and hope is is gone after a year - if he lasts that long.

14. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

I love dogs, have owned them my whole life, detest animal cruelty and will never understand it.

However, I also believe in redemption. He paid his legal debt to society, has been nothing but good since, and I am over it.

NJBeliever likes this.
  15. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I wonder if any of the Vick haters here have ever eaten a burger?

16. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Precisely. One of the greatest things about America is our justice system, which on paper, is the most fair and logical you'll find. Vick served his time. The issue is over.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Or eaten a chicken wing. I've asked this question plenty and the only answer I get is "well those animals only exist so we can eat them". Basically, it's ok to kill innocent animals when they benefit society. Makes sense, right?

NJBeliever likes this.
  18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

There's absolutely no comparison between Vick and Hitler. Dogs aren't people, no matter how much we try to act like they are.

What about flies and mosquitoes? Am I wrong for swatting them? If not, why not? Because they're "inferior" to dogs?

The whole argument is so wildly inconsistent.

19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

It's makes zero sense. I don't need burgers to survive. I just like eating them.

Not to mention you can't act like an animal is equal to a human but then say "but if you're really hungry you can hack them up to mince meat and kill them." Again, it's so illogical.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't make remarks like this without the proper knowledge. Do some fuckin research. 70% of women who are abused can't leave the relationship for fear of their life. You know what the leading cause of death in pregnant women is? Domestic violence.

How do I know? Because I spent three years when I was in school doing a research study on domestic violence in relationships and marriages. I spent countless hours and days researching and interviewing people to write my thesis. You are so wrong if you think a woman could just walk away.

You need to watch what you say before you make a claim that is complete bullshit.