Per PFT - jets told robby they want him back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 30, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you always try this hard to write utter crap?

A WR who's skill set is the long ball over the top should have made one of either of the two replacements for Sam, again pretending that the OL doesn't affect this kind of WR that at least needs 4 seconds to get 40yards, when our OL was giving less than 2 seconds to Falk and Siemian, the later completed 3 of 6 passes for 3 yards, please tell us how Robby is going to make that QB?

Let us move on to Falk, the guy who was sacked 16 times in 3 games he did complete 47 passes though for an average of 5 yards, do you think Gase was dialling up the long ball over the top for Robby when Falk was the QB?

No WR on earth would have made those two QB's or Gase look competent never mind competitive.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

In 2015 yes.

In 2020 I'd rather have Robby.

Then again a GM with a vision would sign Robby & take a flier on Green or take a WR early in the draft to give his young QB some weapons to throw to.

The quickest way out of this so called rebuild is for Darnold to become the QB we all hoped he is the day he was drafted.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

You do when they have top end upside and have shown signs of top end ability in the recent past.

4. WarriorRB28

That's if the imbeciles let him hit the open market.

Last time I checked they still had their franchise tag.

Sure the Jets can pay Robby big money they do it all the time with other teams bum players or sometimes even their own.

Pay up for your #1 wr.

5. WarriorRB28

When I read the reports of teams wanting to sign Robby this is the mental image I get of the line of teams waiting to sign him.

Think the thought of gee perhaps we should use our franchise tag on this player if we can't come to a agreement before free agency begins has popped into the heads of the Jets 'braintrust'?

[​IMG]

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

18 million for Robby?

7. WarriorRB28

Consider it them protecting their investment.

The franchise tag doesn't prevent them from working out a more cap friendly long term deal with him. The franchise tag does prevent them from losing this player getting nothing in return.

I'll say it again I don't care if Cooper & Green both hit the market I'm choosing Robby over them in 2020.

For goodness sake look what they got in return for Leonard Williams and he absolutely, positively beyond a shadow of a doubt SUCKED @SS in 2018 & 2019.

HOW could they allow this player to just walk away?

jonnyd likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its easy, you just wish him good luck and use that $18 million you wanted to use on him to spend on some offensive linemen

chandler and apjbfc like this.
  9. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Roby deserves to come back. Imagine if our WR are Doctson and Crowder?

Doctson-Roby-Crowder sounds much better, right? We need him for 2 years or so before we can consider cutting him if that's what they want to do. We will most likely neglect a stud WR this year because we draft mostly OL.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We can go OL, OL, WR with our first 3 picks. This WR class is deep enough that we don't have to get a Jeudy or Lamb in round 1.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

You're missing the point.

With the current going rate for QBs seems just about any QB doesn't even have to be elite anymore the Jets will have a VERY BIG financial decision to make on Darnold in the next two-three years.

They need to find out, they need to KNOW what they have in Darnold and very soon.

Losing Robby #1 WR, most dangerous offensive player the Jets have going into Darnold's third season a critical year would not help at all. It could be devastating to Darnold's development and their ability to properly evaluate Darnold.

Re-sign Robby, take a flier on Green and/or draft a WR early in the draft while building up the OL sounds like a much better strategy to me.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Coming from someone who's a fan of stats, can some of you people please stop using statistics as a way of diminishing Robby's true ability and overall TALENT and putting a "cap number" on what he's "worth"? Without first taking into consideration that this kid exploded onto the scene during a preseason game as a rookie and never looked back with Petty of all QB's lol. Regardless of who's been his QB ala crap in Petty/Hack, both Shitztragic and McCown were and are career losers and a young Darnold (rookie/2nd year) etc, etc regardless of his QB he puts up numbers as one of the NFL's most dynamic and deadly deep threats this fan base has EVER seen out of a Jet.

Put him on either of Kansas City with Mahomes cannon arm and an O-Line . Dallas with Prescott and that run game (play action to Zeke, deep to Robby forget about it. San Fran for Jimmy G to have yet another speed burner. Put him on Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers etc, etc and his numbers would be WAY BETTER than what you see today lol. His numbers are the numbers of a WR making an NFL name for himself under shitty circumstances including some awful QBs who never played a playoff game and multiple OCs none of which is considered good let alone great. Robby is as talented way beyond his numbers lol.

Sam Darnold deserves Robby Anderson. We as fans do too. He's too talented to let walk into another QB's hands. And compliment that offense with a deep threat who's developing into a route runner too. The best of Robby has yet to come. The best of Darnold deserves a high flying deep threat too.

#292 DefenseWinsChampionships, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    K'OB likes this.
  13. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

What I’d love to see is the Jets keep Robbie (for a reasonable contract of course) and get a big bodied possession receiver on the other side. It would be a modern version of Toon/Walker.

It’s been too long since we had a combo like that and in today’s NFL, it would be lethal.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why is everything you post so extremely irrational? We want to keep Robby. There are probably a couple other teams that would like to sign him. But you've posted about him like he's Calvin Johnson.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

My thoughts exactly. I dream of either a Jeudy/Anderson or Lamb/Anderson duo on the outside.

And Crowder is the ideal/natural slot receiver we haven't had since Wayne Chrebet.

16. K'OB

And others have posted about him "Anderson isn't even much of a deep threat" which is dumber than a guy hyping him up a little bit much.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The dude has had an extremely comparable career to Devery Henderson and Ted Ginn on the high end. I want to keep him because I think he's more valuable to us than he is as a player overall, because he's limited.

But our wide receiver have absolutely sucked (minus a two year period with mercenaries in Decker and Marshall) for ten years.

But the player is what he is.

apjbfc and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Most of those saying we shouldn't give Anderson mega contract are NOT saying he sucks, or isn't a deep threat at all, or that he wouldn't be helpful to Darnold, what we're saying is that he's not a #1 receiver but it's expected that he will ask for that kind of money and some other team will be willing to give it to him, and if that happens the Jets should let him go. That's not at all saying "Anderson sucks".

But just for some perspective, La'Veon Bell's contract will pay him $13 million this year. If you asked all the teams in the NFL: would you rather have Anderson at $14+ million or Bell at $13 million, who do you think would be preferred? And as an aside, with this in mind, if there are so many teams willing to pay Robby that kind of money, why would Bell be untradeable (Not that I'm advocating for him being traded)?

19. K'OB

I'm sorry but a lot of you are saying these kinds of things, the thread is full of comments rubbishing him and all aspects of his game, I am not repeating them, they are there from page one onwards.

I have said numerous times I wouldn't pay him over 12m but I don't feel the need to denigrate on his skill set to make that point like several posters have and still continue to do.

Not even sure what Bell has got to do with this and for that matter it is a bit of shit analogy, if you go into the Bell threads people think he is overpaid and untradable due to his 13m a year contract but again that isn't anything to do with Robby Anderson or me, maybe you could take it up with them in the appropriate thread? ;)

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Some fans take one extreme position or another on team blogs. The correct answer is somewhere in the middle.

K'OB likes this.