People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Amen man! I was starting to think I was the only positive Jet fan left. I can't stand all these effin' crybabies. We played like shit against a very good team and got beat by one lousy point. If this happened in week 9 when we already had a number of wins in the bank, people wouldn't be crying half as much.

Grow up people. It's one game out of 16. If you really think that's how the team will play all year then just stop watching now. It's professional football. Sometimes the other team wins. You either believe we have good players and good coaches on this team or you don't.
    I beleive we do, and one loss doesn't change that for me.

#161 truthbtold, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

stop the negative talk

its the first game, am sick and tired of negative jets fans. is Rex talking to much, should Brian be fired, the defense mde them lose the game, Sanchez stinks.

What did you see that was good? I saw a great special team. I saw a defense that kept the ravens for really scoring. I saw a our QB not get hit like Joe did. Jets played the number rank 3 defense and we were a point away. Big Jenks was out and we still stopped the run

Its a NEW New York Jets ERA.....so stop jumping on the old negative bandwagon.

rant off

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Stop the annoyingly optimistic positive talk.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

tell us what you see?

[​IMG]

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Someones an early front runner in the 'most optimistic poster' category.

6. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I've heard that one before. The story never ends well.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

It was embarrassing in many ways. Awful way to lose. This game had potential for a blowout had we scored more points off the turnovers.

But it's over. we'll play better next week. This was a wakeup call.

I believe the pressure of Monday opening night in the new stadium , against a team like the ravens affected part of our teams psyche. now that is over you'll see a more relaxed team

These are usually the type of games we win it seems. everyone is down and disgusted and then we expect to lose..only to win. This win would be more important than thr ravens anyway bc it's divisional.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I understand the negative talk, it was hard to come away from that game last night without a negative view of the team.

After sleeping on it, most of the things that went wrong are easily fixable. The jets didn't lose because they were manhandled and outplayed. They simply committed too many mental errors. How do you win a game with all those drops and penalties?

Every week won't be like that. Cro isn't going to be a flag machine all year, refs aren't going to call games that close all year, our WR's and TE's aren't going to drop passes all year.

If the Jets play like last night, and simply correct the mental errors, they will win plenty of games this year. They have the talent.

If the Jets play like last night on defense/ST, eliminate some of the penalties/drops, and can muster some type of passing offense to complement the run, they will win some games big.

They simply just need to get their shit together. They have enough talent to be in the playoffs this year regardless of the loss last night.

9. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

hopfully we will move forward next week with our offense and actually get more then 1 first down and maybe even score a touch down.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

People do need to realize that many of the mistakes last night will be fixed. The secondary will improve, the offense can't do much worse, and the Jets only lost to a Super Bowl caliber Ravens team by 1 point. The team is obviously good. However, if you are a Super Bowl or bust fan right now, there is cause for concern.

11. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

A glass of water.

12. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Seriously you expect there to be no negative talk after one of the most hyped up, mouth running off seasons of all time. Besides we are Jets fans you are either new to this game or just forgot the pain. Hopefully it is the latter I would like to forget myself. The Jets will be fine but people need to get it out of their systems.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

A glass not nearly empty enough to represent our offensive output last night.

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i see a fanboy who lives in candyland where everything is sunshine and roses.

i saw sloppy, undisciplined play, fumbleitis from our number one back, and an overall disgrace of an offense. as well as a corner who doesnt know how to turn around and play the ball.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

....but...but...Nostradamus predicted all USC QBs will fail in the NFL.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This should be a Jets rorschach that everyone has to take when joining this board. Not to lock anyone out, of course. Just so that everyone has to declare.

Speaking just for myself, I see three lesbians and a midget.

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'll grant you the OP is a bit overly optimistic. As far as the problems, they're fixable. Notice, we're not saying "OUR RUNNING BACKS SUCK". They don't. Greene fumbled twice in one game, which can be fixed.

Our WR's are good. Our defense will be fine. Yeah, the DB's had some flags throw against them from one of the most over-active ref crews in the league. Every week won't be like that.

The only real question mark is at QB. The rest is mostly mental errors/coaching stuff that can be fixed. I can't think of that many Jets teams in the past 20 years that were this loaded with talent, all they have to do is put it together.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

is it sunday yet? if we win and have a decent game, people will do the typical 180

19. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I wish we could have ended the season after the 1st defensive play.

20. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Lets not forget that if that kicker interference wouldnt of been called we would of won this game....

Braylon never even touched the kicker, the kicker FAKED the shit out of the refs...

Oh yeah and if Leonhard could of broken just 1 tackle by the PUNTER we would of coasted away with this game....

lets not forget this Ravens team is predicted to win a Super Bowl by alot of people... And their defense has been together for years... This next week should be a real test for us...

#180 dmarz45, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010