People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. zfgohan

zfgohan New Member

As much as I was disappointed with the loss, its better now then later. Hopefully this game is a reality check and the jets can get the offensive play calling figured out.

Also I love Rex and how he calls blitz's, but after so many failed stops on 3rd down will it hurt to show the blitz and instead drop into coverage once or twice rather then always bringing the house?

2. llamablaster

llamablaster New Member

Thanks, Guinness. I like your Office sig.

3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We played a top tier defense and lost by 1 point, be happy we won't see then again any time soon. Take away all the penalties and their offense was not much better. They had three good receivers and a TE that can truly catch, our defense was missing two starters and has a rookie covering probowl receivers. Plus we lost BIG Daddy Jenkins early. Our defense was pretty good and those refs we had are well known for calling every little thing.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just spoke with Kellen Clemens and he told me he was feeling very chilled and happy with life at the moment - was glad he decided to stick around this year after all...

5. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

That's my fear is that we're going to be that team that lost the most amount of games by 3 or fewer points much like last year's Jets. Sometimes there's such a fine line between winning and losing and that's what separates great teams from good ones.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its the perfect time to panic!!!

(Toy Story)

7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

It's all the Super Bowl crap that I can't get my head around. The team that you saw last night is pretty much the team we watched all of last year. Great D, pretty solid Special Teams and a terribly inconsistent, mistake-prone Offense. As good as our ground game is or was our passing game is THAT bad.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I agree that this season has all the makings of a long hard slog...

At the moment I feel like Paula Radcliffe having her infamous "stomach cramp" by the side of the track!

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

You still want to win in a marathon.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

A few brainfarts on offense? That offense was putrid. Just as bad as it looked in preseason.

11. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

Craig Carton on WFAN 660 this morning: "Their playbook is Run up the middle, run up the middle, swing pass to the running back. The next time I see a swing pass, someone needs to be punched in the face." Lol.

12. J.H.

J.H. New Member

The thing to worry about is NE next week. It's a possible 0-2 staring the Jets in the face.

C'mon, Ryan, back up the trash-talk.!!!

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

No Ed Reed.

Talk a big game, run an undisciplined training camp, lay an egg at home when you win the turnover battle. Not good. Not good.

14. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Sorry Guys, but this trend, no offense and too many penalties, started in preseason and was a concern to many then.

Dirty had a "deer in the headlights" look about him lastnight, and that should be a concern to everyone attached to the Jets from the owner right down to the average fan.

The Jets could be dealing with a young QB doing the sophmore regression as much as Shotty's poor play calling...

Lastnight the Jets played right into the Raven's game plan by trying to run the ball right in to the heart of the Ravens defense. They were ready for it and just shut it down right from the jump.

The proper game plan against this defense was to pass the ball to set up the run. Running it up the gut on 1 and 2 down the whole night because they were afraid to let the kid pass it was a sure plan to fail.

I also got the feeling from a few of Rex's comments after the game, that he was not too happy with how Shotty had prepared the O for the game.

While it's still too early to panic, it's not too early to have great concern about how Sanchez will progress or regress this season. Much of what the offense will be able to acomplish this season will rest on his shoulders or should I say his throwing are and his ability to understand and read defenses and react accordingly, which if lastnight is any indication, this may be a much rougher season them we were all expecting.....

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

What trash talk?

There hasn't been any trash talk from Rex - all he has said is he thinks the jets are a good football team and can win the superbowl.

How is that trashing anyone?

16. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

I would rather lose with an opened up O then what we saw last night. Take the freaking training wheels off Sanchez and let him play. They have put it in his head that he needs to check down quickly if nothing is open so now he's not giving the play time to develope in front of him. OL sucked, WRs sucked!

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sanchez sucked, Wilson sucked even more and Cromartie can't stop anything without giving up a penalty. Greene still can't hold on to the ball. You want to have confidence in that then go right ahead. Oh and if that wasn't bad enough we probably lost Jenkins for the year too. Keep your confidence and watch Brady throw for 500 yards next week with 300 of them going to Welker. Sure as shit Wilson and Cromartie won't be stopping anything.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude seriously even after all the penalties, the defense was awesome. Wilson is going to be a player and cromartie showed he's got big time ability. It's early they will gel and baring injury, defense will be lights out. The offense will improve and we will be better. Sanchez was never comfortable because he never got in a rhythm. It will get fixed. Besides we looked way better than Indy.

19. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

The Ravens didn't win. We LOST the game. If it wasn't for our penalties, we should have walked over them.

20. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

Yes, it was one game. It was incredibly painful to watch our offense, Wilson and Cromartie. There are plenty of things to fix with the team, but they are things that can definitely be fixed. Well, hopefully anyway. It's a long season ahead of us. There's no reason to panic just yet. The Jets have to make some big adjustments.

We lost by 1 point in a game we should have won with absolutely no offense.