Pennington will be reportedly cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Beamen

Beamen New Member

The title of this thread makes me look like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Apologizing in advance for trashing Chad on the way out)

#61 Beamen, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Well its the age old situation of "Odd Man out" Chad got to go! I do appreciate his tenure as a Jets Quarter back. Let me be the first ....or at least the 20th person to say Bye! The "Franchise" has left the Building. :jets:

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Glad to see Chad out the door and hoping that he's traded and starts within our division so that we're guaranteed at least 2 wins next year.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think a trade is almost out of the question because the vikings KNOW that the jets MUST get rid of Pennington by the end of today so that they can get Brett into camp. If the Jets were not so pressed for time, they could hold out and make the vikings give up a draft pick for him. I also get the impression that the Jets want to do what's best for Chad and want to help him in any way they can. Obviously, the best way they can help him (i.e. Give him the best chance to start somewhere else) is by releasing him immediately so that he can get into a new camp ASAP and have the best chance of winning the starting job whereever he ends up. (I agree, Minnesota makes a lot of sense - Chicago would make sense too but Peter King reported this morning that they are not even considering it and he implied that they are idiots for being so closed minded - and he is right. Their quarterbacks suck)

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

good riddance to bad rubbish....don't let the door hit you on the way out, Penny.

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

And 2004 and 2006

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think I would choke on my own vomit.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he also started for 5+ more seasons and played in a weak conference and division so he should have been there more times. head to head Chad's Jets beat favre's packers 79-17 their last 2 meetings.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

that sucks. cut clemens instead. he fukin blows.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

How much cap room actually needs to be cleared? I'd rather we cut a combo of overpaid shit players than Pennington... such as Barrett?

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I've always thought that would be a great - and definite future for him. Watch him coach somewhere and bury the Jets. Oh, I feel so mixed. Not because it's over, but because I really wanted him to succeed for us from Day 1. It's a business decision, and I should get better at not letting my emotional pull get in the way.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I knew it. Chad Fans hoping Chad comes back to beat the Jets.

I always knew a large percentage of Chad Fans cared more about him than the team.

"I feel so mixed."

I don't. This is a great day. See ya, Chadwick.

13. boomer

boomer Active Member

Thank you Chad for the heart and effort you gave for eight years. Five seasons as a starter (actually four excluding 2005) and three playoff appearances, not bad. Not to mention that 2002 AFC East Championship season. Always a class act and always one of my favorites. I wish him the absolute best wherever he ends up.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

anybody think Chad could wind up in MIAMI?
    Parcells was looking to bring back Quincy Carter, if that doesn't scream "i'm desperate", nothing does.

Could you just see opening day, in Miami, Brett Favre VS Chad Pennington!!

15. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

As long as we something for chad it will be alright the bears, vikings and chiefs r the teams we should be calling

16. boomer

boomer Active Member

Seriously. Some people are pathetic. Okay your glad to see an average quarterback go, fine. But the lack of respect and in some cases distasteful hostility given to a guy that has busted his ass for the better part of a decade and leaves, like it or not, as one of the most successful quarterbacks in franchise history, is just f**king pathetic for lack of a better word.

17. Jersey Joe 67

You said it, BOOMER. Chad gave us his all. Thats all you can ask, of a player.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

All I have been asking is that the Jets get rid of Penny. I finally got my wish. I have a new one - I wish I could take the day off to celebrate.

19. Jersey Joe 67

we're not getting anything, for Chad. Everybody knows we're releasing him. The only way we get something, is if another team is scared that they will be beaten to the punch, for Chad's services.
    In that scenario, i see, at best, a 6th or 7th rounder.

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Grinning ear to ear today! The era of dink and dunk is GONE! So too should be our penchant for conservative playcalling, passing for 9 yards on a 3rd and 10, checkdowns, etc...

I know, I know, with Favre comes the possibility of bonehead plays, bad INT's, but it's just such a good thing to have Chad walk out the door today.