Pennington tutors Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Mar 2, 2012.

1. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

This is awesome. We hear every year how hard Mark works during the offseason. This is the first of many.

My QB..

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Now that would be breaking league policy. We wouldn't want that. Better not to speak with him for now. For the rules.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Even tho I rooted for Chad when he was here and feel Doug Brian fucked up a really good teams chances to go all the way. Chad is kind of dead to me. To go the The dolphins and Kill us at home to win the division is something I cannot forgive. Go F yourself Chadwick; Sanchez sucks all on his own and doesn't need your kind of help.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So Kate Upton is out?

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

When you see who the Giants hired as QB coach, you have to think there's a job out there for Pennington somewhere, if he wants it.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

He would learn better by sitting behind Peyton for a few years.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Why would he want to put his career on hold? Most of us would refuse a demotion at work.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What would hurt worse? Losing ur starting job to Peyton Manning or Chad Henne?

9. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

It could actually be a smart option for Sanchez, depending on how his contract was reworked. It basically guarantees another 1-2 seasons on the team while learning under Manning, with another season guaranteed to start once Manning retires. The current situation would only have him guaranteed for this season, and if cut his value wouldn't be overly high out there after the season compared to staying in NY.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I always had a hard time believing Sanchez was a slacker. The kids a winner, he'll be ok.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not a smart option for him at all. He's better off collecting the $11.25 million+ he's due this season or alternately being let go as a free agent to make his own deal. He's got a fair amount of cash in the bank already at this point and he's likely to be more focused on his career than stashing away another $4 million next season.

It's not clear that there are a lot of landing spots for him out there but there are probably a few.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Probably because he still hasn't officially retired and wants one last shot playing.

He'd be a terrific hire for any team, but I've always wondered whether Chad would stay around after his career was over to coach or he'd get into something else (which he probably could, with his Rhodes Scholar, not to mention his personality).

I do like seeing Chad connected to the Jets again, even if it was a coincidence that his old coach is now here as the offensive coordinator, and it was a smart idea for Sanchez to go to him.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Actually I think THAT would be the perfect backup QB for us. Pennington would come cheap and would gladly tutor Sanchez in the offense. I'd be scared as hell if we had to rely on him for an extended period of time, but for a game or two it wouldn't be bad. Most backup QB's suck for an extended period of time anyway. We'd have a young, healthy Pennington clone in McElroy as #3 anyway if he went down again.

14. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Great idea. Chad didnt have nearly the amount of athletic ability that sanchez has but he was alot smarter and didnt make mistakes. if im correct he has one of the highest completion percentages in the nfl. great idea cut the INT total in have

15. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

It'd depend on whether he thought sitting behind Manning for a season would enhance his career or not. I doubt it'd hurt his stock considering most other starting QBs out there would take a back seat to a healthy Peyton, and it could possibly improve it due to the perception and maybe reality of learning under one of the best there is. There's a good chance a lot of the restructuring would involve guaranteed money which would tie him to the team for longer, but that would be fine since he'd be looking at being brought in only if Manning got injured again or a year or two down the track. Just a thought.

16. TheGreenCantona

Every year we hear this encouraging stories about marks studying, playbook understanding, commitment, first in last out, I just do not see it, he never seems to spend a second othe previosu plays with coordinators or flip charts ir pictures of plays a la manning, brady, brees. He just sit there deflated or joking around with brunet.

I do not buy it.

17. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

This is a football.
    These are the laces.
    Put your hands around it like this.
    Look at yourself in the mirror.
    Throw it to the player with the same jersey as you, but not the real big guys.
    Good boy.

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I'm not sure that is the best idea as Pennington would probably beat Sanchez in a straight up QB competition. Do you really want fans clamoring for Pennington out of nostalgia every time Sanchez screws up?

Plus I think it is a little hopeful to say McElroy is a Pennington clone. If that were true I think you would have some teams offering trades and he wouldn't have gone in the 7th round

19. winsalata

winsalata New Member

It's about time. Not only is Pennington smart and probably a way better coach then cav. But I'm sure try discuss the ins and outs of playing for NewYork, dealing with media etc.... Also Pennington always had the team behind him....even when his arm was a noodle. Sanchez could learn alot from him. Hopefully they will bring him in on a regular basis as consultant or something. The fans would love it also. Imaging Pennington walking out on the field as a coach or something with Sanchez. The place would go nuts. It's a win win for everyone

20. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

good job by sanchez...lets just hope he can retain the information and use it on the field