Pennington hints at new zip code in 2008?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BookEndTackles 72&79

Good luck to Chad. He doesn't deserve the hate some spew towards the guy. He is a competitor, of course he wants to start somewhere. I would not be surprised at all if he has some moderate success elsewhere like he had here if he gets into the right situation. With all the dregs recycled at QB he certainly can still play in this league but it is time to upgrade the position and KC offers an opportunity for an upgrade over the long term.

Ideally, I'd like to keep him around as a backup if he wanted to stay and would even consider not restructuring his contract as he is a good teammate and mentor for KC. Hope we can keep a guy like this in the organization after his playing days are through if he is interested in staying in the game in a coaching capacity in the future.

2. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

All the recent bad outweighs the good, people sometimes forget how pathetic this franchise is. I hope KC's the comes into his own, at present it's not looking well:

Let's hope it's just a product of the Jets team in general sucking and not indicative of KC.

3. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

We need a damn playmaker on this team... Mcfadden or bust.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Clemens kept us in the game with his arm and legs against the Ravens, Redskins and Steelers despite our teams shortcomings. Chad has proven he can not win without a full team effort. This team needs a Qb that can make plays and Chad is not that. Is it all his fault, Absolutely not but it is his time to go. Period.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

This is the next disaster waiting to happen. With the fourth pick the Ny Jets select Undersized Chris Long!

6. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Chad was a playoff quarterback for the Jets; 3 playoffs in 3 healthy years, he'd get you 11-wins, no problem. Now, that's not a Super Bowl, but those are hard to come by....

speaking of which, double-digit win totals are hard to come by too.

There haven't too many of those in our history, and when the dust settles, if Clemens is not the answer, we may rue the day we ran him out of town.

We've been spoiled lately...there's no rule that says you can't miss the playoffs 8,9,10 years in a row. Just ask any fan who lived through the 1970's with this team.

--------------------------

Chad was fragile, and lost armstrength along the way. Those faults, along with the demise of this team and the presence of a maturing, 2nd round pick hastened his expiration date as a starter for the Jets.

I believe Chad could take a more complete team to the Super Bowl. If Chicago were to draft a decent running back, Pennington could take them to SB. Jacksonville is another team that's an ideal for #10, especially with their strong running game.

7. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i agree, provided we upgrade our line as well,somehow!!!!

8. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i agree with you as well...long will set our team back, not help it!

9. FOURTHANDLONG

How about HOF running back Curtis Martin with Hof Center Kevin Mawaee at Center got us to the Playoffs. Chad just didn't do anything dumb to screw us up! Unfortunately once you get to the playoffs you need a guy who can win you a game and not manage it.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

That is too funny.... when Chad had Martin that year so many on this board were bitching that Martin's wheels fell off 2 years prior. Now its "he had a HoF running back.... Yes, he did have a HoF running back and if it weren't for the KICKER missing TWO FIELD GOALS in that game who knows how far we would have went this year.

FYI - It isn't the QB's job to kick field goals. :wink:

11. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

First of all, Garrard has thrown the same amount of interceptions this whole year that Chad has thrown in all of KC's starts: 0. I think Minnesota or San Fran might look at him.

Second of all, Chad is a HUGE reason we were losing. Admittedly, this team is missing a few pieces, but those few pieces missing have nothing to do with his BS ints at the end of games against middle of the pack or worse opponents. I love Chad, I even have his jersey. But if you're going to have a QB that makes rookie mistakes, might as well play the guy who you drafted in the 2nd round and see what he's got. Speaking of seeing what he's got, we saw Kellen's games against some of the league's best, now let's reserve our judgement for these final games to see if he starts grooving into the learning curve. At Miami's a good place to start. :finssuck:

I don't think you guys are thinking straight when you say KC's been no better. I live in Georgia, and can only 'watch' the games on NFL.com gamecenter on Sundays because they never have nationally televised games. And even just watching the stats and arrows go across the screen is ten times as exciting.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. This team fukin sucks and Chad took the fall.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If you are reading stat lines on the QB they read just like the 2007 Chad stats. There has not been a whole lot of difference.

14. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I watched Thanksgiving and think that throwing to a good secondary without your best WR 2 games in a row being a rookie and trying to learn with 2 sucky guards and an OK RT is pretty tough.

Throwing 5 yards down field and barely clearing your tackle's head with the ball isn't tough, and doesn't deserve any praise. Clown.

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I new this shit was going to happen if KC couldn't win a lot of games. Cry boy's want Chad back. KC should of started at the beginning of the season we would of had more wins. No wonder are franchise suck, beacause we have an organization that waits to long to do anything and fans believing Chad is still the one to take us to the SB.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I knew things were not going to be miraculously different with Chad benched and Clemens in - this year.

We still have a lousy defensive line for the 3-4 and a marginal offensive line. Very few QB's will thrive in this environment.

Clemens is getting experience - that is good. We will see where it goes.

17. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Enjoy rooting for your new team. He did NOT get screwed. He lost the job. Clemens may not be the answer, or may be our fanchise QB. I does not matter. Chad is done here, and rightfully so. He played terribly. You will ultimately have to decide if you are a Chad fan, or a Jets fan. In my case, as a Jets fan, he cannot leave soon enough. And he will never be successfull for another team, and will never kick our ass.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I am a Jet fan who likes Chad. There is nothing wrong with that.

Honestly I am more concerned with the Coaching Staff. From top to bottom except the Gimp.

19. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

He's also a QB that CANNOT engineer a two minute drill, or come back in a game.

Let it go.

See this is not about Kellen vs. CHad or who is better. It is ENTIRELY about Chad no longer being good enough to start. Period. If Kellen flops miserably, we get a different QB throught the draft or trade or give Ratliff a try, but we NEVER go back to Chad. He has proved that in 2007 he is not a NFL quality QB any longer.

20. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Penny is a class act. I hope he gets his ring somewhere -- so long as it's not a division rival.