Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

2. JetsFan001

JetsFan001 New Member

I made a thread about this, but I'll mention it here. Why are the students rallying around Joe Paterno and supporting this man? He clearly looked the other way when he should have done more.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Homerism at its finest. Plus legally Jo-Pa has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Morally he was wrong in not doing more, but is that enough for them to ask for his resignation and force him to step down as the winningest coach in college football history? If i were running the joint, damn straight. But its not that easy for everyone.

4. JetsFan001

JetsFan001 New Member

He knew what a piece of shit Sandusky was and he let him with children in the facilities even AFTER he found out what he did.

What the fuck is wrong with this country?

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

They are the same a-holes who cheer Michael Jackson and Roman Polanski. While talent is important, it doesn't excuse hideous behavior.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

people need to belong to something, have a cause, no matter what it is. these idiots can differentiate themselves by standing up for Paterno, and since there are so many other idiots like them they draw support and validation in their cause.

of course pedophiles draw support from one another as well, so having an idiot tell you that you are right doesn't make you right, it just makes you another idiot.

7. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

It is an example of how college athletics are run. Do everything and anything to protect the program. No matter what. That fifty million dollars of annual income doesn't come from nowhere.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

THIS.

filler

9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I'm on my phone so I can't post a link but the NYT is reporting that in 1998 that a mom went to the PSU campus police (almost certainly Penn State Troopers- not mall cops) and told them that her son had been touched by Sandusky in the shower. The campus police investigated an concluded that there was not enough evidence to charge Sandusky. WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!!!

10. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

read the grand jury report. This shit is deep and goes way back.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6270

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

11. TheBlairThomasFumble

More - Sandusky and his wife adopted many children and took in foster children.

12. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

The Grand jury found that after the GA told Paterno Joepa told the AD that the Sandusky was fondling or doing something of a sexual nature with a young boy. (pg 7 of the report)

So Paterno knew exactly what happened at least in this one instance and apparently had no problem with Sandusky walking around campus and serving as a faculty member after joepa had been aware of the fact that Sandusky molested kids.

#113 TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  14. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

anything less then the death penalty for sandusky would be a travesty

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

Beat Nebraska ? What a senile fool. The guy should be hanging his head in shame about the tarnish on his program even if he Had done everything right in this Case. Instead he listens to cheers with a smile.

Sick.

16. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

More and more is comming out every day, there are allegations now going back to 1996 (that were reported and nothing happened).

Oh, and this late development....

Nothing to see here, just a charity set up to be a feeder system for a pedophile ring.

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

From deadspin-
    UPDATE: Onward State has a live blog that includes PSU Footblog's video of Paterno as he emerged from the house smiling before addressing the throng: "It's hard for me to tell you how much this means to me. I've lived for this place, and I've lived for people like you guys and girls, and I'm just so happy to see that you could feel so strongly about us and about your school. The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right." Meanwhile, a Philly TV station has reported the number of victims to come forward with accusations against Jerry Sandusky is now "closer to 20." This story just gets more and more surreal.
    -----
    Victims or whatever they want to say.

That's joepa showing that he cares. Embarrassing.

18. 624

624 Banned

Prison would be worse for him, the inmates will definitely beat him badly.

19. jgangstahippie7:18

20. jgangstahippie7:18