Pauline: Saleh wants to move on from Becton and Mims

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Keep Fant on the left. He's looked incredible the last 3 months there. Bechton can try out the right side of he comes into camp in shape.

REVISion, IDFjet and CotcheryFan like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think this is a fair and balanced take and likely correct.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Becton at guard is a possibility too--Maybe someone with expert knowledge of OL can elaborate on the specific skills necessary for G rather than T. It seems to me it would require less athleticism which may be good for Becton. He should still steamroll.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The division between the coaches and front office might be exaggerated for the sake of the article, but at the same time doesn't it make sense?

Becton was taken by the front office before the coaches got here. His success or failure reflects solely on the front office. They have a clear incentive to want Becton to play whereas Becton's performance has much less bearing on the job security of the coaches.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I’m a little more inclined to believe the Becton rumors now that we found out the rumor mongers weren’t in fact full of shit with Mims. Not to mention we went from a 6-8 week injury to out for the year after Week 1, something ain’t right.

REVISion likes this.
  6. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I believe the shit with Becton as a goner. Two driving factors: 1, Fant has become a terrific LT as was mentioned on the game today. 2, Becton weight gain and slow rehab. He was suppose to be back after 8 weeks. We are now in 17 and still not a peep. I can see them trying to trade him for some picks as OTs even with his issues are a commodity As for MIms he is gone after next week

7. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

The Becton thing puzzles me. I know he’s a “phone booth lineman” meaning he’s best served with minimal movement and just overpowering ppl, and the new scheme didn’t supposedly fit him. But I can’t imagine he’d be that bat at it, can’t be that much more movement right? But remember in training camp, he was getting beat consistently not just by Lawson, but the birds and pack too. Can’t remember if NE gave him trouble, but wouldn’t shock me.

And the fact he’s been out 2x as long? And I know the season was over, but he still needed(needs) reps, a young player and one struggling badly nine the less.

That said, and idk if he’d willingly do it, but as was brought up earlier I’d like to think Guard would be a good transition if needed. We know there’s less movement -in any scheme-there vs a tackle spot and it’s the ultimate “phone booth” position.

8. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I think the article is true.. Between his struggles, LaFluer calling him out (kinda) in preseason, the coaches getting weird about his weight in press conferences, the injury being 2x as long as thought, sallah praising fant & mosses toughness often, and Bettina tweet about the jets not tearing mims well….Plus Cimini had some tidbits on his pod and article yesterday..too much smoke from too many diff places to be nothing.

idk what you’d get for him in a trade, but if the coaches really are done with him

Cman68 and REVISion like this.