Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And the only one still playing at a high level...hence why he is here.

2. Don

He doesn't need to be a stud to replace Ellis, mediocre will get it done.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Darksiders strike! U talk about rebuilding n staying competitive, n then u shit the bed with ur odds shit. Odds r, ur not post for another week. Let's see how those odds play out.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sean Ellis is a human being. Sean Ellis is a guy nearing the finish line of his professional career and this is his last go-round. People want to hate on him because its the Patriots I get that but Tanny wouldnt give him more money. Make no mistake, this is about the money and money trumps loyalty in the NFL and Fans don't count.

Advice for sanity maintenance? Stop rooting for the player and start rooting for the Laundry.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about the Pats and Jets or the final results last season. Have no idea where you got that from my post?

You're saying the Jets are upgrading on the D line this year with the rookies and I'm saying I doubt it. I also said they have a high ceiling and may eventually be better, but if you expect it right away, you may be in for some disappointment.

I was talking about upgrading at certain positions. Folks on here were certain Wilson and Ducasse were upgrades to the veterans dropped last year and they weren't.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

It's just Tanny and Rex being class acts. Guy was asking for an extension all last season so they answer that with blowing off the extension and then offering him the league minimum. I want to hear Tanny say that Ellis was important to him and the team again, being the longest tenured Jet and all. Want to hear more of that BS.... And NE was having alot of problems on the DL. This helps them alot, Ellis definitely still can play.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Last century.... ok...

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Like I said before.. Tanny should have just kept all your favorite players. We could see the Pennington to Cotchery and Clowney connection this year.. have Faneca and Kendall blocking for Leon Washington!

On defense We can see Barton and Ellis, Drew Coleman.. maybe even Dewayne Robertson! And we could pay them all big guaranteed dollars! Yeahh!! That would work! That's much better than, you know, winning playoff games and taking steps toward getting to the Super Bowl.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

That would make an over 40 team most Jets fans would deep throat.

10. Don

This is even funnier when you read it the second time.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree. He will be used more against the Jets because of the motivation factor. Irony will be enormous if the Jet's go the the SB this year.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yup! Screaming from the mountain tops that the SB is won! :up:

Most of us have no idea what we're getting. But we know he was key in the Pats losing that playoff game last year.

As far as the Jets rookies go. For at least this year, I'll take that tradeoff. Hey, I might be wrong, these guys may be beasts right out of the gate... but we'll just have to wait and see on that.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I would quite enjoy a "seniors" version of the NFL.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Trolls? Anyone with a different opinion than you is a troll?

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yep.. I forgot Chris Baker in there terrorizing defenses down the middle of the field. I love how idiot fans get all bent out of shape and make it out as if guys like Chris Baker, Leon, Kendall, and Cotchery are superstars. Did I really like Cotch and Leon when they were here? Yes, of course.

But were they worth big money to keep around? No. Just look at what all these guys have done since being jettisoned (no pun intended) from the Jets. Did it ever occur to some of you that Rex and Tannenbaum and the scouting department MIIIIIGHT know what they are doing?

Pennington- out of football now, after suffering 2 more injuries
    Leon- doesnt even get reps in the Seattle backfield
    Thomas Jones- stinks, 3.7 avg last year
    Baker- out of football I think? Whopping 21 catches combined the past 2 years.
    Kendall- declined big time after leaving the Jets
    Faneca- was already on decline with the Jets, played 1 more subpar season, now retired
    Brett Ratliff- lol, the future at QB according to some
    Coles- sucked after leaving the Jets in Cincy, now retired
    Clowney- sucks
    Eric Barton- sucks
    David Bowens- sucks
    Rhodes- talented, but we all know the deal with him
    Abe Elam- so awesome that no team has signed him yet
    Jay Feely- he's a kicker

There's no reason to think Ellis and Cotchery are going to go on and haunt the Jets now and tear up the league. The Jets have PROVEN to be ahead of the curve on the moves they've made like this.

16. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

league min. is just short of a million dollars. i don't feel sorry for ellis. sorry the jets disrespected him with that. LT took a HUGE pay cut to be here. same scenario. i just can't feel sorry for a guy who works (6) months out of the year making millions of dollars doing it playing a game. i appreciate his time with the jets but on to the future.

17. #28Martin

Yeah but the problem is that none of this is true... I wasn't a big Pennington guy at the end, Clowney I wasn't big on, I love when they sign new guys.

18. #28Martin

Just because guys like LT and Mason, were willing to have contracts that are below what they should be making, doesn't make Ellis look wrong. I will say this over and over again. There is no reason why the Jets couldn't have offered Ellis 1.5 for a year. It wouldn't have broke them, Ellis would have accepted it and that would have been that. Ellis is gonna haunt them.

19. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

FYI, I named my kid after Kenrick Ellis.

20. Don

Anybody could have beaten that OL of yours last year, even a broken down 33 year old ex-jet. BTW, how have you improved that this year?