Pats or Giants?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 22, 2012.

?

Pats or Giants?

1. Giants

58.1%
  2. Pats

41.9%
  1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Gronk being banged up is a big plus for the Giants. He'll play but probably not be 100%. After Brady he's the most important player on that team.

I go back and forth on this as well-- I try not to be a hater--it's hard--but if you want to go down that road, then as someone said above, one of these two teams will lose, so when it happens, revel in that loss to the fullest!

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I cannot believe 40% of hard-core Jet fans on this site are rooting for Belichick and Brady.

I get the feeling Jet fans would root for Hitler if he fielded a team against the Giants.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, I counted at least 6 guys who voted for the Pats who are Pats fans.

4. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I count 10, which puts the actual percentages (for non-Patriots fans) at Giants-64.8%, Patriots-35.2%

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think there are also some Pats fans who hides their true team identity.

The true ratio might be 80% to 20%

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I would rather get cancer than root for the Patriots so that is what I am wishing on all of you who are.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what a dumb thing to post even for you.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not sure how people don't get that Jet fans in the NY area hate the Giants. It shouldn't take that much explaining, really, we played in their stadium for 26 years and they've won three Super Bowls in our lifetime. Add in a couple million Francesa types most of us grew up with and what part don't you understand?

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Probably a bit extreme..oh well. However, dumb is rooting for New England, get that right.

#229 Don, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

this!!!!!!!

11. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Wow! HARSH:sad:

12. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

nah but seriously
    hitler > belichick

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You caught me. And I thought I was disguising it well.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And before the usual nonsense about "You're just jealous" comes in, I'll add that when I started watching football around 1964 the Giants were about to embark on 20 years of God-awful football (a record of 100-180-4), so my hatred of them certainly has never had anything to do with jealousy. On the other hand, it has had a whole lot to do with the overwhelming arrogance and obnoxiousness of so many of their fans, who refused to accept the Jets were better even after Super Bowl III, and the pro-Giants media slant that has been around for 45+ years.

Just as was true four years ago, I will be rooting against the Giants. The only difference is this time I probably won't even bother watching the game, since it's not like I'm thrilled about the possibility of the Patriots winning.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Same here. I hated the Giants long before 1986, it's not really jealousy it's just hate. You grow up and go to school with these tools and that's what happens. Very likely I won't watch the game either. As Ricky Watters once said..."For who? For what?"

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I'm starting to now maybe root for NE....

INDIANAPOLIS -- Antrel Rolle, the Giants' version of Bart Scott -- sans the middle-finger salute -- said Tuesday at Media Day that the Christmas-Eve win over the Jets was the turning point to their season. And he suggested the Giants were motivated by Rex Ryan's pre-game trash talking.

"You can't talk with your mouth," Rolle said. "You can only go out there and let your pads do the talking."

Obviously, the Giants love talking about that game, especially Rolle, the biggest yapper of them all.

"That's when it all started, when we were all on deck," he said. "The practices were phenomenal, it was electrifying. We were flying around like maniacs that week. There was a lot of trash talking, and we just said we're going to let our play do the talking."

Rolle also wasn't shy about claiming the Jets benefitted from some "outrageous calls," saying, "I think they were definitely getting fed the biscuit."

Holy shit we're 1 day away from February and you still bring this up? Its amusing how the 2 clowns in Rolle and Jacob condemn a trash taker when they've done this so many times. "The Giants will beat the Redkins 99 out of 100 times". LOL.

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

Not necessarily rooting for the Giants to win, but the Patriots to lose.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

i refuse to root for either of them. cant stand both of them for obvious reasons.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:rofl2::rofl2: oh my god, the Giants are duke basketball. The giants got so many freakin' calls in that game it was ridiclous. Every possession we were 2nd and 15 2nd and 20, they stole a TD when on the Plax call, this is a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs w/o bad calls int heir favor and needed one in SF and he's saying the Jets got calls?

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Wow... we're in total agreement