Patriots release Albert Haynesworth.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsFan56, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

probably as a spy...

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Pats newsflash: A large white man has been promoted from the practice squad.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

How funny would it be if we signed Haynesworth, made him a captain, and he gets a crushing sack on Brady Sunday night?

While it's fun to dream, there is no way I would take a risk on signing that pant load.

4. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

That was on Mangini....get your facts straight.....And you guys deserve to eat crow because between ochostinko and fat albert you guys were all throwing it in our faces that they were going to push you over the top!!!

The only reason Ocho hasnt been cut yet is because he hasnt started running his mouth....yet.

BTW how's it feel to be overpaying ex-jets???

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Kind of surprised by this but not disappointed. I don't know what games the people at Patsfans have been watching, but Fat Al has hardly been on the field. He got nine snaps (out of 72 offensive plays for the Giants) on Sunday, and only one in the second half. Total non-contributor.

Even knowing how it worked out though, it's still a chance I would have taken if I was in Belichick's shoes. You're losing a 5th round pick and paid him a manageable salary... it was worth trying, given his natural talent.

6. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

hindsight being 20/20 and all... but his history is that talent only sees the light of day when he wants a payday or another team/contract.

i just thought it was weird bc he's not your typical BB kind of guy. I'm not going to say i wasn't concerned, bc he can be a monster.

7. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

That's true, I was even more surprised when they got him! His willingness to restructure his deal kind of sold me on him though. I figured that meant he was done frocking around with his career and would finally apply himself.

You're right though, not a typical BB kind of guy. The "malcontents" that have worked out in NE have had one common trait -- football was important to them. Corey Dillon and Randy Moss weren't model citizens, but they fit into that category. Not so for Haynesworth.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ochocinco. I don't think he's failing to put in the effort, I just think he's not that bright and is having a really hard time making reads in an offense that's supposedly a lot more complex than anything he ever saw in Cincy. (Basing that on stuff I've read... I don't have copies of both playbooks, unfortunately!) They've also got more money invested in him than they did in Haynesworth, so I think he lasts the full season regardless of the results and is gone next year.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Welker is od course much brighter, as is Edelman. This really doesn't even need to be discussed.

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Ochocinco got a 4.5 mil signing bonus on top of his 1 million something base salary, that's why he's a longer leash than Haynesworth.

Still loling @ the money they've paid to ellis, haynesworth and ochocinco this year for virtually zero production. keep overpaying for washed up vets with guaranteed dollars

10. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Looks like they know the season is tanking and they're just trying to save Kraft some cheese.

11. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

The more misery the better.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haynesworth - 3 tackles in 8 games, 85 - 9 catches in 8 games...Bellishit is still the genius he always was.......

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Funniest thing on that Pats misery thread:

"Belichick is trying to get the Miami job".

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Belichick's a genius!!

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm being paranoid here, but are you suggesting I said or implied something that I never even remotely said or implied?

Want to talk about how well Deion Branch knows the offense?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

What does Eric Smith have to do with this thread?

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

We all know it takes a certain type of scrappy overachiever to handle the Patriots complex reads.

19. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

This is absolutely hilarious. Reading the thread on Pats Fans is like watching all those Nazis heads explode at the end of raiders of the lost ark lol.

And all the experts in the offseason says the Patriots made a genius move, Skip Bayless was suggesting Haynesworth would be back in his DPOY shape from 2008. HA ha haaaa.

Belichick is in his underground bunker bracing for the end, paranoid as can be. This is beautiful.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't think quoting Bayless and expert analysis go in the same paragraph.

I knew it was a reach when they signed him, but with the short offseason, I think BB thought he could get something out of him, and I was somewhat hopeful. Guess not.

When he took the Jacobs TD play off Sunday he was essentially an ex-Pat at that point. Pepper was pretty heated with him and BB got involved after the play. Wilfork said that Haynesworth would be on a short leash when they signed him.

I think the only reason he lasted as long as he did was they were waiting for Deaderick and Brace to come off the PUP.