Patriots maybe cheating.......... again(still?)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Dec 9, 2019.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Actually the title should read, "P*triots have been and will always be cheaters"

BacktoQueens, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I didn’t even know what it was

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pretty damming footage. The camera is focused on the sideline right where the coaches signal players in and out.

good heads up by the bengals security to film their footage so it can’t be deleted

BacktoQueens and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I love the pleading by the cameraman to just delete the footage. Only thing better would’ve been if the security responded with, who you think I am, Roger Goodell?

jixxjr, MoWilkBeast and Acad23 like this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That was my reaction too - go ahead and delete it, asshole, we've already got all the evidence we need. The only surprise was that they didn't immediately stop shooting, and have a Mission Impossible-style self-destruct button.

Since1969 and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ok, answer this question. No stupid person in the media has pointed this out, including the Boston media.

The footage clearly shows that the camera is actually behind the Bengals sideline.

If they were really trying to steal signs would not the camera be towards the bench instead of behind the bench? How do you see the signs if you are looking at someone's back?

I don't expect to see any objectivity here or in the NY dominated national media.

7. BrowningNagle

you are a Jets fan supposedly... why are you coming up with Pats troll questions

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Poor Patriot

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Stealing signs?

They ain't playing baseball.

They are not allowed to film the sidelines. Period.

Not from the front, behind, sides or above.

Legacy tainted... :p

10. Patriot

Trolling would mean I am attacking the Jets. Yes, I am a Jets fan who is also a Patriots fan. How is asking you a question on the report trolling? By the way, you didn't answer my question. If I understand your logic, you have to think the Patriots are guilty of cheating here or you are not a Jet fan? Really?

I am pointing out something that was not mentioned by the stupid press. Maybe you are all correct and the Patriots were definitely cheating here. You stated the footage was damming, so I am trying to show you maybe not. It would be nice to see the entire footage before drawing a conclusion. Am I convinced Belichick is telling the truth? No, that would be very nieve of me being a Patriot fan.

I will reserve my decision on whether they are guilty or not until all the facts come in. I don't trust the media, whether it be the Boston media or the National media

Hopefully, the NFL will conduct a fair investigation. Since you never know with Roger Goodell, I may be very nieve to expect this. I don't expect this investigation from the NFL to conclude until after the playoffs. If David Mondillo is lying, it should be easy to find out.

I am disappointed with how people today don't question things anymore.

In the past, many people here thought the Patriots were up to no good when the Patriot radio broadcast was being heard on the Steeler's headset. I pointed out that the NFL runs the team's communication systems during NFL games. Folks on this board still claimed the Patriots still could do it. When I pointed out from an electrical engineering basis that the Patriots only involvement was providing AC power to the NFL communications systems. I was then told that the Patriots had evil genius folks that circumvented the NFL communication system and hacked it. I then tried to explain the phenomena called radio interference and how it was probably due to the NFL's equipment not having good shielding or filtering that caused this. Yet you still find people on this board who refuse to accept this interestingly enough. They will contend that the NFL was lying and the Pats definitely hacked the communications system, even though they can't explain how they did this.

I hope you and many others on this board are fair-minded people even if you hate the Patriots. Before passing any judgments, get all the facts and don't listen to stupid people like Max Kellerman.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I don't know if I am fair-minded.
    2. I do not hate Patriots. Actually I like Patriots.
    3. It takes balls to be the lone cheater in otherwise honest league. (By "honest" I mean "no other team cheats in the broad daylight like the Patriots do.") Especially when everybody knows and expects that said cheater WILL cheat. I respect that. I really do.
    4. And it gives me extra jolt to see the Patriots fans trying to squirm and bend the situation in every imaginable way possible to defend how what Patriots did is not cheating, or how every other team does the same thing (obviously, in their minds only, but when did I care about that?) so it's okay. I always get a kick out of that.

Patriot likes this.
  12. Patriot

You are allowed to steal signs in the NFL just like baseball, but you can't do this filming the sidelines.

Yes, filming from behind is still not allowed, but if the intent was to steal signs then this would be sort of dumb. This may explain that the act was done not to gain any advantage. If this is the case it is a rule violation but not cheating. A very big difference here.

Now that I think of it, very few NFL teams even use hand signals anymore.

The fact that you and many others here refuse to have an open mind here is sad. Perhaps your hate of the Patriots has clouded your vision?

13. Patriot

Zack, I am so glad to see you respond. Read my posts carefully, I am not suggesting that the Patriots are innocent of cheating here. I am suggesting that folks get all the facts and information before passing judgment.

Since you are such a technical football individual, can you answer this question?

It is my understanding that hand signals are not that popular anymore by most NFL teams. Especially if they are playing the Patriots (LOL).

I was wondering if you could educate us on this subject if know anything about this.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

May want to read up on the story a little more. The P*ts have already admitted they violated NFL rules by taping the Bengal's sidelines. Seems pretty clear to me.

BacktoQueens, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

Perhaps your love of the Patriots ..... and Jets... very strange.... has clouded your vision.

They had to film from the behind because they were cheating and used the browns Media press box without telling the bengals. Duh.

There was no red carpet rolled out for them “oh you guys are here to cheat? Cool. Set your cameras up where ever you can find the best shot. It’s totally fine”

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What?

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I love Patriots fans claiming on the one hand it’s no big deal and simultaneously metastaticising all over the internet to explain it away.

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're the guy with a closed mind.

Wearing the wrong socks is a rules violation.

Filming an opponents sidelines is cheating.

They are both rules violations.

The only thing the league has to figure out is how high up the food chain it goes.

I don't hate the Patriots any more than the other teams in our division.

It's just weird that they continue to taint their legacy.

FJF likes this.
  19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

He's also a fan of the Yankees and Red Sox. Duke and North Carolina, etc.

I don't think it's possible unless you are trolling for lulz.

I've met a few people who have moved and decided to cheer on the local team. but certain combinations of teams should be mutually exclusive.

20. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Imagine how messed up college football has been for him recently. He's an Alabama and LSU fan.. not mention to a Clemson fan... what a stressful season.

#120 J-Raw24, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Antoni likes this.