Pathetic to drop a 16 point lead.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 8, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Seriously? How so?
    He threw barely anything downfield and picked up no first downs with his legs. Our O couldn’t keep our D off the field. Not enough first downs and they failed to capitalize on the turnovers.
    I don’t blame Darnold really but no way did he look better today.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Darnold was straight trash today. I have not defended him either. Gase was awful too. Coaching was awful. On buffalo's winning drive there was an obvious PI call, and no challenge??? He game planned to give bell touches not for what buffalo does. He was garbage today and way too conservative. Funny when they went to the short passing game....not the check downs. They March right down the field. Where was that all game when you saw the line crumbling and you saw 9 guys in the box?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

94Abraham and BacktoQueens like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

All good points....
    This loss stings as it should not have been.

zace likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I do ultimately think they will be ok tho. Our starting o line hasn't really practiced or played and they will get better. I think everyone is trying to find their place.

Ego have to go out the window tho. If bell gets 10 touches and they move the ball and score....then that needs to be the game plan. It just seemed like there was too much forcing the ball to certain players in obvious situations. Darnold is best when you let him play, take away the cute play calls and shit and just let him man up and play.

5. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

LOL. Allen had like 150 yards in the first half. The bills lost possessions in the 3rd and they didn't have the ball much. When they did, Singeltary was running all over the place so they kept feeding him. When they needed to go back to Allen, the last 2 drives occurred and he won them the game on a 4th quarter comeback. Take off the rose colored glasses, man. Its ok that other players not on your team can play well once in a while.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He had 170 by the end of the 3rd....what's your point? He didn't score and was never really a threat to do so thru 3 quarter's. Dont run your mouth because you got help from the refs and stole one. Just be humble and acknowledge that and know your team isn't very good.

7. titan999

titan999 Active Member

Going cheap and not re-signing your Pro Bowl kicker, and thinking any schmuck off the street can kick, often comes back to bite one in the a$$,
    As does going cheap on an OL to protect your young QB who clearly needs that to have success.
    As does putting together a defense with such poor cornerbacks and so little depth than an injury rendered it useless.
    As does hiring a coach that a terrible team decided it no longer wanted.
    There are no smoke and mirrors in the NFL. If you have weaknesses, they will be exposed.
    The Jets will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I said back when Gase was hired that he was going to be a on very short leash with the fans. The leash just got shorter. He'd better figure out how to maximize Sam's strengths - throwing on the run - immediately or this will get very ugly, beyond whatever heat he thinks he's faced in the past.

fggrimes, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  9. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but they looked there in mid season for for a jets team

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

JeTsInTexas and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I guess Pro Bowl kickers should be paid big money since they tend to win games. You get what you pay for (TJ not withstanding).

I was inshore today enjoying a wonderful day on the water. When I checked on the game, we were up 16-3. Next thing I know, by the time we got to the dock, we lost.

I guess we can dispense with the hype now that reality has smacked us square in the face?? This is a team still in development and it doesn't matter if we signed Bell, Mosley or anybody for that matter. No post season this year folks. Perhaps we finish strong but if we're seeing this same shit next year, I'm done and you can book that.

Ralebird, JeTsInTexas and LAJet like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Allen turned the ball over 4 times against our defense. And only moved the ball when Mosley left the game. Can you imagine what would have happened if he faced the Bills defense?

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's been the same shits for decades, if your not done yet, you'll never be.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If last year's team won 4 games, this year's team isn't going to be lucky to win 3. We aren't a playoff team by any means, but once the schedule opens up in the second half, we'll grab a few wins.

14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

No deep threats at the wide outs to stretch out the defense. Crowder catches 14 passes and averages 7 yards per reception. Most Running Backs get more than 7 yards per reception. Good game for Bell, but even he couldn't top 100 total yards, something he did in his sleep with Pitt every game. Jets continue to sell their fans on this bullshit cliche of changing the culture. Those who have been following the team for far too long, know the drill by now. Typical loss for the franchise, lacking the killer instinct to put an opponent away when they clearly had them wobbling against the ropes for 3/4 of the game.

15. Cman68

Check the sig... I'm dead serious..

16. Cman68

The more things change.....the more they stay the same..

JeTsInTexas and KWJetsFan like this.
  17. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

Offense looked mostly like trash today. I just have a question on that deep come back to Robby in the forth quarter. Could we have challenged that? Didn’t show many replays but thought pass interference was challengeable this year. Could have taken a chance at least.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Football games are 60 minutes long not 45.

The more I think about it the angrier I get how they allowed a rookie RB and a scrub wr to do that to them with the game on the line. Make no mistake about it WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE Buffalo's offense went through this defense like a hot knife through butter.

And yes the offense sucked too.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, I was surprised that Gase didn't challenge that. It looked like P.I. to me.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Douglas takes a DL in round 1 next year, I'll officially become a darksider.

Wahoo likes this.
  21. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Please brother, this needs its own thread-

This proves that Gase is just another coach. Pushing his system on players instead of adjusting and leveraging strengths.

Sam is great on the move

How many roll outs did they call?