Pathetic to drop a 16 point lead.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 8, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we're going there, there was also a terrible interception by Allen that was called back due to defensive holding on a different receiver. But anyway, our defense was a shell of Buffalo's, especially after Mosley left the game, only after which Allen led the team on successful drives.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Brady gets them into good plays and manipulates the defense. They run rub routes on almost every play and Brady is the master at the line of scrimmage to know when to throw it and now run the ball.

I am also not ruling out that they know every call before hand when the play in Gillette.

3. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Member

The
    The teams I saw yesterday (NYJ and BUF) aren't even in the same league as the Pats. They looked like Ivy League conference versus D1.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Really absolutely no excuse for this. Disgusting showing from this team.

Let’s see how they respond. They’ll either get better Bc of it or worse. We’ll find out in 7 days.

My days of being patient and optimistic are over.

I am livid with this loss. It was very much SOJ in nature.

They had a chance to show us things have changed and they failed miserably.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Patriots looked good and is still a team to beat in East and AFC but let’s not get too carried away.
    Lot can happen in the next 4-5 weeks.

While yesterday lost was brutal and it sucks losing to an AFC East team. Let’s see what happens in the next 4-5 games.

Btw what the heck happened to Anderson and Quincy?

6. HomeoftheJets

The Ivy League is D1.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

They run forward, we throw backward.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Lol you're so sad coming on a message board for a game of football and talking about 'loser mentality' when you have no control of the game. Regardless, yeah, Tom Brady has had games against great defenses where he's only scored 1 TD. This isn't a narrative of a season, it's one game. Hope your irrationality weeds itself out when you become more mature.

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

in the next 4 games your looking at Loses..... sorry to rain on your parade but no way are they beating any of those teams.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He may but I’m sure his homer fans like you aren’t praising him like you are. Darnold played bad as did many others on this team and he would be the first to say he did as well. No need to make any excuses.

11. Matthew_McBride

"Homer fans", please tell me what I said that makes me a homer fan. I said that Darnold did not play well, but if his "bad" games are only this bad, then I'll take it. I didn't make any excuses, you don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you got conversations mixed up, but mature a bit and I forgive you.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm a homer you're a homer we're all homers !

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And so the story goes that in the land of the cursed NY Jets there are two types of fans fighting to co exist.The homers and the doomers. The doomers have multiplied exponentially over the years and the homers have slowly vanished away after over fifty long years of humiliation. Legend has it that after the first loss of each year, the doomers immediately crawl out of their man caves and attack the few remaining homers with total impunity. On the rare occasions when the Jets win the first game of the season, the homers surface from their hidding places, rejoice on the moment and proclaim that this is the start of the new era, only to be overcome by weeks of darkness and crushed again by the doomers.
    Will the curse ever end? Will the jinx be broken tonight against the Browns, even though overwhelmed by shortcomings, without our QB, an injury riddled paper thin defense, and an underachieving offensive cast?. Will the impossible happen and the doomers be proven wrong for this week? .
    Certainly would be nice, but as young as the season is, the darker our hopes have become. we will know soon enough. May the boomers become homers as this team breaks this dreadful curse.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. They have a roster that stinks after years of GM Mike McIdiot as the reason why. Their WRs (Who DID the jets have to outbid to get household name Josh Bellamy?) are marginal. Their OL is old and bad. Their CBs are a joke, and one of them is making a fortune while playing 10 yards off. They have no pass rushers. They have used two #1 picks on 4-3 DLs, but insist on playing a 3-4. MacCagnan significantly overpaid when he traded a first and THREE second round picks for Darnold, which would have been Rosen if NYG had not taken Barkley. It is going to years to totally rebuild this team after 5 consecutive Mike MacCagnan off seasons.

Jets81 likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes I agree. I saw it last year about halfway through the year. The roster was/is multiple years away because most of the players were/are flat out losers.

I think people just had their expectations too high to start the year

Cman68 and tomdeb like this.
  16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The exaggeration that he played a good game due to not turning it over. He is supposed to be the alleged franchise QB and had a bad game but his homer fans just refuse to criticize. It’s great that he played turnover free but he didn’t take many shots to risk turnovers. I don’t think it’s far fetched to see our franchise pick the team up and put them on his shoulder to a win. It’s still early so let’s hope he picks it up when he comes back.....

17. Matthew_McBride

I didn't say that he played a good game. You're making that up, which is incredibly annoying. I said he played a bad game, but if those are his bad games we're alright. Just take the time to read a post instead of anger posting.