Pat Mahomes

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Jan 4, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to say he should be disqualified for Least Knowledgeable because he made this thread. Genius! :D

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

THE ABSOLUTE BEST QB IN THE NFL !

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not even mad we didn't draft him because he would rot under our coaching staff glad he's with Andy Reid

Red Menace likes this.
  4. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

I said he would make a great QB but didn't think he would be this good so soon. I posted a bunch of videos showing Mahomes skills and there were many doubters. He would have looked better in Green and White.

Last year I also said we should have drafted Coutee the wideout with Houston..The Texans grabbed him in the fourth round. At the time some of you guys said WR wasn't a need. Well Darnold I think disagrees. Coutee's first game of season , recovering from hammy 11 catches for 109 yds. I am not sure how practice squad claims work but I would try and get Dylan Cantrell from the Chargers. Another guy to look at is Cameron Batson currently on Titans practice squad. Guys that are talented and driven.

#484 njjets93, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  5. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Mahomes has a real OL and some great weapons actually Kelce one of the best if not the best tight end in football. Poor Darnold he has to run for his life the rest of the year.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OH WHAT Coulda BEEN..you DUMBASS MAC:mad::mad::mad::confused::mad: Too busy "shoring up the D" for those idiots Bowles/Kacy?????

Go back to Scouting

I'll never forget The digs Mahomes got on this Board..just goes to show ya

The image of A Reid confidently moving up and grabbing this gem of a player on draft day is too hard an image to break..sigh

Yes..he might suck some with Toilet as HC ...but watch how Bowles is sent packing (won't be long) and we COULD have had an ASSET like PM on the team!!

Well ..at least we got Darnold...if he's Eli 2.0 Iam ok with that and some new coaches please

#486 NYJetsO12, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

At Texas Tech Mahomes was used to compensate for a bad oline by scrambling, buying time and making crazy off balance throws. This is not unlike Darnold in his redshirt sophomore season; the difference being Mahomes always had a bad line and his numbers never really suffered. Mahomes was also accustomed to the pressure of having to score on nearly every possession because his defense could not stop a nose bleed. So Mahomes would have felt right home in green and white.

Ozymandias, Brook!, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  8. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

The OL at Tech was bad his junior year, the year he declared for the draft. Injuries and graduation. The prior two years his OL was better but not great. He just seems to throw the ball better on the run. He also had a good running back his first two years, D. Washington the Oakland Raider. At Tech the Offensive tempo was super fast , I think that helped him in his quick recognition and reads.
    Mahomes also had good WRs, many are on NFL rosters.

I think a major factor was Mahomes benefitted from playing for Kliff Kingsbury who has a knack of getting the most out of his QBs. (Keenum at Houston, Manzeil at a&m, Davis Webb, Mayfield and Mahomes). Webb and Mayfield transferred when they couldn't start. I don't think he gets enough credit.

This year he has a true 18 year old freshman qb that has been ripping up opponents. The Bowman kid suffered a collapsed lung last Saturday against WVU putting him on the shelf for a week or so.

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We badly need a HC who can develop a QB. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I say the let the Interviews begin..TB is dead man walking and we ALL know it

Get some mixture of brilliant young minds for the HC and older experienced types for GM AND VP of football operations

The problem is Chris and Woody run the interview ...oh well....they are so arrogant they prob think they can use one of their Band Aids for Cancer lol

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

mahomes is the second coming folks. unreal. Not since marino have we seen this kind of play in the first few starts. kid got into the absolute perfect team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

The KC offensive line is average at best. KC should focus on drafting and signing quality OL. Imagine Mahomes given a pocket to launch from.

The NFL is slowly morphing into the NCAA game of fast paced , no huddle game. Guys like Kingsbury (esp with QBs), Lincoln Riley, Brown (Troy U.), and Holgerson are some of the coaches that seem to have maximized similar fast paced systems. They are not exlusively pass teams all to some extent utilize a running game.

Speaking of OL that is what the Jets need to focus on. I don't know why but it seems like quality, I mean star quality lineman are the rarest commodity. I know we have many many needs but you need a good OL to consistently win.