Pass protection.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tight, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

Considering the last two weeks the bills wreaked havoc on the patsies and the dolfags.

Our line looked pretty good today, and its great to know well only get better.

Dbrick is looking good. SO is mangold.

Now if only our oline could open up some holes.

Go Jets

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We drafted people to protect the QB. Three weeks in it looks like Tannenbaum and Mangini knew what they were doing.

3. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Yeah but I think toward the end of the game the Jets really dominated the line running and passing. Also another very important point I think is Katnik playing in place of Kendall. That whole left side of the line is young yet they have been growing every week togher.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yeah,Buffalo is more of a threat getting to the QB than Tenn and NE,and we pickid it up nicely today. As far as those holes,I saw some improvement there today. I am so glad there was a Houston sighting today,the guy is gonna be great for us.

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

We held them to 1 sack, not bad.

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Once Kendall comes back, the run game will improve. Long-term, we're going to need a huge guard (perhaps a 2nd/3rd round pick). All in all, the left side impressed me.

All in all, great job in pass blocking today.

7. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

It was a coverage sack to they didnt get any pressure that time.

8. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

and we put up 21 points offensively on a team that supposedly had one of the top defenses in the league

well done guys

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Cannot be any happier how the Jets played offensively thus far...

Today they didn't go away from the run when it was ineffective. It wasn't pretty, but they stuck to it and got contributions all-around...D'Brickashaw looked very good covering the blind-side, along with Katnik.

10. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

How about that Front 7 for the Bills.. Oh wait Nothing.. Schoebel SHUT DOWN BY D'BRICK. Mangold Katnik and Brick paving the way for the run.. Hell of a game for the O line.:up:

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I am pretty impressed at how good the pass pritection has been so early. Looks like Ferg and Mangold are making an easy transition. It's great seeing Ferg making blocks down the field all the time too. I forget which run it was but he made a nice block I think on the Washington run about 10 yeards upfield.

12. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

the pass protection has been great, the run blocking can certainly improve. it's hard to say if its the running back play or the o-line play causing the lack of a reliable running game... but either way, our two first rounders look like they have bright futures in green and white!

#12 boogerstyles, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  13. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Hell Yeah they do. The Jets Did great in pass protection and that houston run and most of the runs were to the left side. Great job in both areas O line.

14. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

A little of both.

15. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

You look at Seattle last year and if I was to compare Ferguson to anyone in the league as far as skill wise, size and taking potential into account it'd be Walter Jones. He's a phenomenal pass blocker but it was Hutchinson last year that opened alot of wholes for the run. One of the FO's goals should be eventually getting a guy in that same mold to plug in between the current rooks.

16. ViLMaNiaC51

ViLMaNiaC51 New Member

All i have to say is FREENEY next week.

17. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Freeney hasn't been a factor all season so far. Shutdown by the Giants in week 1, sorta got hurt in week 2, carried over into week 3. With Freeney playing poorly/injured, i think D'Brick should be just fine. BTW, where are all the Mario Williams slurpers?

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The line did a great job protecting Chad and I thought they did a good enough job allowing Washington to make plays. If not an unfortunate play by Mangold Leon would have had another huge play that was negated. I don't blame Nick the play took a while to develop and he can't see what is behind him but he did a hell of a job on that sneak.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Our Ol has pass blocked well all year, it's ben the run blocking that's been the problem but they did do a better job late in the game.

20. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Didn't Sean Ryan playing at H back instead of Askew have a big part in opening up holes,,,,especially on C. Houston's TD run????

#20 JoeJet, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005