Paradis to Carolina

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abc, Mar 12, 2019.

1. abc

abc Well-Known Member

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/11/05/new-york-jets-miami-dolphins-spencer-long-sam-darnold/
    For Jets On Sunday, Trouble Started With The Snap
    Finger Injury Causes All Kinds Of Problems For Center Long, Quarterback Darnold In Woeful 13-6 Loss To DolphinsNovember 5, 2018 at 11:20 am
    Filed Under:Local TV, New York Jets, Sam Darnold, Spencer Long

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Snapping the ball was a challenge Sunday for the New York Jets, and things didn’t get any better after that.

Center Spencer Long reinjured a finger and had half-dozen off-target shotgun hikes, which compounded problems for quarterback Sam Darnold. He threw four interceptions — including a pick-six after he snared a high snap — and the Jets never reached the end zone in a 13-6 loss to the Miami Dolphins.

“We need to be more consistent, myself included especially,” Long said. The injury on the middle finger of his right hand, which he dealt with earlier this season, finally forced him from the game.

Darnold stayed in to take more rookie lumps for the Jets (3-6). His most costly mistake was a pass toward the sideline intended for tight end Eric Tomlinson. Linebacker Jerome Baker cut in front for his first career interception and scored the game’s only touchdown untouched.

“I thought I’d be able to get it over him,” Darnold said.

[​IMG]
    The Dolphins’ Cameron Wake, left, sacks Jets quarterback Sam Darnold during the second quarter at Hard Rock Stadium on Nov. 4, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)

As for the inconsistent snaps, he said: “It disrupts timing, but there’s no excuse for how I played out there.”

Baker’s score put Miami ahead 13-3 with 11 minutes left. Darnold threw two more interceptions in the final 2½ minutes, both on fourth-and-long.

Darnold finished 21 for 39 for 229 yards with four sacks and a passer rating of 31.8. That’s the third time he has been below 40.

“I just have to be sharper,” he said. “Personally, I have to have a better plan when I get to the line of scrimmage. I’ve got to know exactly where to go with the ball. If No. 1 or 2 isn’t there, I have to go to (No.) 3.”

Coach Todd Bowles said he’s not thinking about replacing Darnold with veteran Josh McCown.

“Not right now, no,” Bowles said.

His critique of Darnold’s performance: “There are plays he would like to have back.”

Interceptions aren’t a new problem — Darnold came into the game tied for the NFL lead with 10 . And lack of scoring is a familiar issue, too — the Jets have 33 points in the past three games, all losses.

Safety Jamal Adams called the latest defeat a 53-man effort but added, “It’s the same, same, same stuff. It’s frustrating. I’m not going to hold my tongue for anything anymore. Enough is enough. I’m not a loser.”

Despite a day of sputtering offense, the Jets had chances to pull the game out.

Trailing 6-3, they reached the Miami 20 early in the fourth quarter, but a sack and delay of game penalty forced them back, and Jason Myers missed a 50-yard field goal try.

“We were in it until the end,” Bowles said. “We just didn’t make enough plays to win it.”

(© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Until we get a real VP of football Ops and not the owner's little bro, you're gonna see this scenario play out over and over. This team still lacks vision and leadership and that shows. There are teams you want to be a part of, and teams you want the money and teams you just use to get where you really want to be.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. abc

abc Well-Known Member

There Is ZERO allure to play in NY.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. However, a lot of posted information seems to be BS. Jets made Paradis an offer, he said thank you very much but he never really wanted to come to NY. End of story. Mac is not to blame for the shit surrounding the Jets reputation, that goes way, way back before him.
    We are now between a rock and a hardspot as far as beefing up this line, starting with the C position.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Definitely. Unless the Jets are Patriots tier, no one wants to come here. People go play in NE because they're perennial winners. Once that changes no one will want to go there either because no one wants to live in Boston with its crap weather and high taxes. Same goes for New York/Jersey and Buffalo as well.

abc likes this.
  6. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Really???... he's done ZERO to change that perception.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Honestly this makes the most sense him having a preference like this, I just can't imagine Mac not doing everything in his power to bring this guy on board. The question is whether or not Paradis use us as leverage and we missed out on Mitch Morse in the meantime.

9. abc

abc Well-Known Member

uhmmm yeah :/

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think he's pointing to the direction that the free agents chose to go

HomeoftheJets, Pepsiguy5 and abc like this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Uhmmmmmmmmmmm yeah.

12. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha… no

#72 abc, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  13. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I wouldn't say I want to blow my own brains out but this has definitely been a tough 24 hrs. Up till about lunch time I was starting to legit think playoffs for 2019. Very disappointing Barr fell through.

14. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Was this REALLY reported ? ????????? Come on no way,,,,anyone know if this REALLY happened ?

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no that didn't happen lol apparently he wanted to live in the country so chose carolina for less money

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

so IF Mac had any balls---he would sign Ingram and offer Paradis more money RIGHT NOW and show him a house in the jersey suburbs and move on from Bell and make some moves! In other news who would you rather be right now The Jets with Mac or the Browns with Dorsey ? UGH they are lightyears ahead of us

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In this case Mac's problem isn't his negotiating. He could kiss the blarney stone and guys still aren't going to want to play under a GM with his track record.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Mac doesnt have control of the Jets long-term reputation, but he certainly has had control the past 4 years. Thats why draft picks are awesome, they are forced to play for us and they're cheap. Had Mac hit on his picks more then we would have more of core of players built up and we would have had more success.

LAJet likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

i
    Agree, well said. . But in the case of Paradis, I think is was more about life style than anything else. As for Barr, he gave a handshake agreement, and then he reneged big time. To me it proved Barr behaved like a douche bag. None of this of course excuses Mac from better drafting. So your point is spot on.