Packers Fans: Thank you for being classy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Green Lantern 80

As a loyal Jets fan, I would just like to say I have always love watching Favre play. He may not have been our quarterback until today, but Jets fans know how special he is. I'll be ordering my #4 jersey today to show him my support. We will be thrilled to give him the respect he so rightly deserves - something the 3 stooges forgot to do. Packer fans -get rid of those 3 bums before they destroy the rest of your team.

2. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I've watched Favre play his entire career, and I'm thrilled that he's playing for the Jets. Don't worry, he'll always be a Packer. He SHOULD always be a Packer. We'll treat him well, and return him in excellent condition.

Thanks for that classy post.

3. Favre2008

Favre2008 New Member

That's awesome. I haven't been on a Packer message board in years but I ALWAYS remember it being an argument over something, often favre, and it'd turn into a flame war really quickly. After reading these boards, I've been surprised at how different it is here. When you guys argue.. it's just a debate and doesn't amount to a full out war. And, holy crap, when I ask a question.. it gets answered.

I'm stoked that the Jets have Favre.. and imo, Favre brings so many intangible things to a team. But, what I like best so far about this trade, is that the Jets organization and Jets fans have generally been excited to have him! Not to mention how kind everyone has been to him...
    That could all change if he throws a lot of interceptions but I'm not too worried since he always puts his heart and soul into the game

Go Jets.. and Pack (still struggling with the Go Pack for now)

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Stick around for awhile, my friend....you'll see the odd skirmish or two....it's not always peaches 'n cream here in TGG land. But we try to keep the slugfests in the Trashtalking forum :)

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Don't even tell me I'm now going to be one of 100 Wisconsinitte posters.

Well anyway, fellow cheesheads help WI turn more into a JETS state! I'm so lucky this happened. Hopefully I'll see more Jets "fans" and games around here now and hopefully we'll convert some packerbackers to jets!

#45 NYJalltheway, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  6. GreenMachine

With multiple "favorite teams"

7. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I have nothing but respect for the jet's management, and the fans reception of the face of green bay. In all this, while it sickens me to not see favre in green and gold, I am glad he is in a place that not only WANTS him, but is embracing him. There not asking the world of him, they are just asking Brett to be Brett. Have fun, and lead this team.

I will be watching as many Jet games as possible, and may consider forsaking my Green Bay Favre jersey for a Jets one, at least this season. What I am seeing in all this, after YEARS at various Green Bay message boards arguing about Brett, it has made me realize really how fortunate we were for 16 (17 really) seasons. Seriously, we always debated the risk/reward of brett's play, and if he can get to the super bowl, and we failed to realize just how lucky we were.

Pennington was a class act for you guys, but is a good example of the struggles other teams have at finding QB's the level of Brett.

Seriously, thank you for giving Brett a chance to enjoy the game again, the way it's meant to played.

8. johnny_blood

johnny_blood New Member

Pass the beer and brats.

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Cool. As a loyal Jets fan, I would just like to say that i owned a youth sized Bart Starr jersey in 1966-67.

:up:

10. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Wait, beer and brats? Toss in a little bit of cheese... and just got another Packer fan on your bandwagon.

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

packerbacker1234, we used to have a lot of that, but we slowly weeded out the chronic arguers.

Go to JetsNation.com sometime and drop my name. It should only be about 2 minutes before you have rocks tied to you and your thrown into the river.

12. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Lol if there is cheese ill bring some killer port! :)

13. MelYeah

MelYeah New Member

Ya know, it's nice to see Packers fans who aren't directing all their anger at the Jets. I know there are a lot of disgruntled Packer fans who are upset the Jets would take their hero away. Some of them are angry at Favre for even leaving to wear another uniform.

But you know who've I've seen a lot of: non-Jet and non-Packer fans who are saying the Jets are doomed by taking Favre on. I admit I wasn't the biggest fan of this deal, but I've warmed up to it. At least Favre was honest in his comments and he's eager to win some games. I don't like the deal in the long term, but I'm still a loyal-ass Jets fan for 22 years and I want this team to do well in '08.

Let's get this!!

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I get to talk to a few Packer fans on another message board that I post on and I think they are a great and passionate type of fan. They will stay through the cold and line to watch their team do well. I remember the stadium was packed still, in the 04-05 season where they eventually got AJ Hawk.

They knew the Favre time was up but they had no hard feelings towards the Jets which is great to see.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

:sniff: I think I just shed a tear :jets:

16. Fan4Favre

Fan4Favre New Member

Another Packer transplant here. I started reading a few of the Jets boards yesterday and I'm thrilled with how happy the majority of the Jets fans are about getting Favre. He's one of a kind. I'm embarassed at the way Packer management handled this whole deal. Now I gotta make the call tomorrow to get Direct TV so I can cheer for the Jets this year. Go Jetts!!

17. TeriB

TeriB New Member

And there's someone else y'all must generously watch over and cherish, and that's our fair Deanna Favre. She is truly a steel magnolia. They're going to need to make up a whole lot of pink #4 Jets jerseys, in honor of Deanna's fight against breast cancer and support for a cure. We hand that mantle over to the Jets fans as well, along with your protection of their lovely daughters.

Man, this is painful, but it helps a lot to know that they are so welcome and wanted in Jetsland.:sad:

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

in New York's market...i'm confident Deanna will raise a significant amount of money for Breast Cancer research....and good on her for being diligent with that cause :)

19. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

You Packer fans are classy. It's a shame that your team was done wrong, We appreciate you not trolling like some asses do.

20. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Hey, we're not Bears fans, lol. :smile: (j/k - sorta:wink:)