Our plan at CB….

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Well, the Pats easily shut down the Jets #1 receiver last year and will do so again this year so they havn't gained any ground by paying Revis $12M.

Against teams with a Megatron as the primary focus of their offense sure, Revis is an upgrade. But against teams like the Jets that are just as likely to throw the ball here as over there and also know how to run the ball?

Not so much an upgrade.

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I can't stand the patriots but you have to recognize that with limited cap space they have upgraded and overhauled there roster. It's not just revis, browner really good when not using drugs and suspended. Lol corners together like that change a game.

3. chris5533

If that's how you feel your mistaken. They lost a 2 down linebacker, and are going to lose a 33 year old nt who is coming off acl surgery. It's a passing league, if you don't think revis and browner are an upgrade over what they had last year. I don't know what to say.

Resigning Edelman not the biggest deal. Brandon lefell is better than Edelman and will put up big numbers in that offense.

I certainly don't agree that they have done nothing

4. chris5533

I'm not arguing, I feel they upgraded there team on the defensive side of the ball. Having a 2 down linebacker is a nightmare. Yes he was an amazing run defender but letting him walk, being indifferent to will fork leads me to believe they have some sort of contingy plan. The Seahawks I see as a defensive team not so much run first. Solid secondary play can neutralize the best of qbs . If browner is not a full fledge drug addict and plays, I think he's as big as them signing revis.

La fell isn't garbage. You put anyone who can catch the ball with an elite qb they tend to shine. Look at Edelman for chris take. He had 106 catches no team really gave a shit. Lol there a system offense, and the getting younger and faster is a problem IMO. Not to mention they always seem to draft well. I fell they put themselves in a very good position for this year.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very well said. As far as the Jets WRs is concerned, adding Revis to the mix did not do shit. They were shut down before and it will not get any worse with the money hungry Mevis at corner.
    Personally I'm so freaking tired of people stroking the Pats. There is one player and one player only that is a difference maker in that team. Brady. The rest of the team is no better or no worst than any other team in the division. If we figure out a way to get to Brady consistently and control the edges, Revis can sit on his island and suck Boston's air all day long for all I care.

Jets1Zero likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need saftey help bad,why has it gone so unoticed at the Saftey position.I heard when free agency started we had our eye on S Chris Clemons but haven't heard anything about that since

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL! Why do people lie to slander the team? 95%? Try actually WATCHING the games. He missed TC and the first 3 games due to injury. He then had to jump in and adjust to man coverage over the zone he played in college. He did play terrible the first 4 games then very slowly started catch on. The next few games were mediocre then the last 4 games he was playing at near pro bowl level and it appeared he finally caught on. But yeah playing terrible 5 or 6 games out of 13 is definitely 95%.

I agree we need to fill the hole, but Milliner was much better than you let on.

#147 Barcs, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. chris5533

I disagree I think he played really poorly. End of the season he did look much better. I'm holding out hope he's going to have an amazing season this year. I think cb is such an important position especially with how rex plays defense. That's what has me anxious about the jets lack of movement during f/a.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I haven't given up hope that Ro-Cro returns and signs. The Giants clearly didn't want to spend on him, as they already signed a different CB. I believe that we are one of the only teams left that really needs a corner and he is the only good corner that still needs a team. The 2 shall become one and Idzik will look like a genius getting him around 7-8 mil. At least I hope!

10. chris5533

I hope your right. He's also making me nervous that he may be another crazy person. Huge contract he turned down from denver. I'm not in the business of defending idzick, the only reason why I'm not ranting like a complete loon is DRC may be impossible to deal with. I can't really figure out whats going on with him.

11. DanR

DanR Active Member

Yeah but what corner is ready their rookie year? I'm trying to be patient here but . . . .

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He never turned down a contract from Denver, that was just a rumor. He already denied that the offer was even made and Denver never confirmed it.

13. chris5533

I didn't see that, I keep seeing the same report. So with said and we agree corner is a hole the jets need to fill. Seems like this is a dangerous game of chicken idzick is playing unless the plan is to sign him to a one year deal.

14. chris5533

15. QueenzCapo

QueenzCapo New Member

u see how NE Is making moves

nyj needs to mk moves to compete for the afc east

nyj needs a o# that can put up atleast 24 or more a game and right now i dont see dat

even tho i like the pick up of decker that was a good step foward

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

17. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

My username is very popular in this thread. I didn't realize you guys cared so much :p

18. chris5533

The deal isn't so great for him. (If its even real) was pointed out to me earlier that this was bs and no offer was made. According to the article in essays acne it was a one year deal. The jets may have no plans of signing him and may be hoping like last year with pace, that there is limited to no interest in antonio cromartie and are going to bring him back at a minimum contract. I'm guessing as I have no understanding of how idzick approached free agency this year. Maybe he's a genius. I have no idea what he's doing

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If they both ended up here that would be great, especially getting Antonio for cheap if he can overcome that injury.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  20. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Exactly. You really think they went into FA worrying about how they are going to beat the Jets? To me, it looks like they went into FA looking at how they are going to beat the Broncos.