Our hand may be forced to take OT in round 1.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Martin&theJETS, Apr 21, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You know, I think I am coming round to this but it all depends on the $$$$ that Williams wants to be paid, has he reduced his demands yet?

gajetsfan likes this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Four pretty good players, you have to be f@k$ng kidding me!

You do realize that he found Jason Fergeson in round seven, Jason Fabini (a frickin left tackle) in round four, Laverneous Coles in round three. and Ryan Yound (another starting tackle) in round seven.

He also had some other solid picks like John Abraham (our last pro bowl pass rusher), Sean Ellis, Chad Pennington, Randy Thomas (pro bowl guard), Dedric Ward, James Farrior (pro bowl with Steelers), and Lamon Jordan.

Some of the other guys he picked added depth or filled in as occasional starters.

When was the last time we had a GM score on not one but two seventh round picks?

He should be in the Hall of Fame for his drafting alone (oh wait, he already is).

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

K'OB likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No shot Douglas is giving up draft capital and paying a 32 year old $16 mil a year. And rightfully so. I just can’t see him doing it after talking about wanting to be financially responsible on top of the fact he seems pretty dead set on bringing back Jamal. Going to be hard to get an extension done with 0 cap room. On top of that, look where Douglas comes from. They find their gems in the mid rounds and from what I can remember, don’t trade for them. I’m fine with Douglas being exactly like Ozzie.

I’m growing more and more skeptical of Becton by the day. He’s got all the makings of a first round bust. Tons of size, raw potential, freakish athleticism for his size... if it’s between him and either of the two receivers, I’m going WR. Both of them are far more of a sure thing IMO.

Leicester Jet and James Hasty like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It def depends on the cap hit (incentives, bonuses, etc), I am not sure how low the offer could get, but I would pursue the trade if both parties (Williams and Jets) could agree on a contract that will be somewhat team friendly.

K'OB likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He is not in the HOF for his drafting. Whatever.

#67 NCJetsfan, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020