Our Draft Per Cimini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Apr 28, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Tommy was a 6th Round pick (smh) ...Belichek drafted and molded him to greatness imo

They needed each other tbh

JetsNation06 and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No, I think Mac has done an excellent job since taking over. He has taken us out of cap hell. Purged the roster of all old and overpaid players. And has filled the roster nicely with talent across the board, also with a potential franchise QB.

I think he has done his job. It was Bowles dumbass who caused this team to suck ass year after year. A part of it was also having no QB, but we can all agree that with that one year Fitzpatrick played out of his mind, we should have at least been in the playoffs.

And I'm saying all of this as someone who used to always defend Bowles until I woke up and smelled the dog shit right under my nose.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily agree with the Patriots always having a better roster.

As I said previously, Tom Brady is what makes that roster look better than what it truly is. Do they have talented players? Of course. But the turnover rate in New England is so high because of one man, and his is name is Tom Brady. It doesn't matter who they sign, as long as the guy is semi talented, Brady will make it work.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Although I do think Brady without Beli would be more successful than Beli without Brady. I agree they've maximized they're partnership to a level that will most likely never be seen again...

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em both.

It's our turn.:mad:

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Bill hit on the single most important position in the NFL. Hopefully his ass retires soon. Brady has turned absolute crap receivers into borderline pro bowlers. Personally, I think that it's more Brady than Bill. Bill has had some Idzikes type drafts over the years. But he makes key trades with these dumb ass GMs year after year and it always seems to work out

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

With all due respect to my fellow TGG members comparing our draft to NE and then trying to factor in SB as part of the argument is not going to be very helpful. There are so many variables is not even funny. The overriding fact is the Pats won those SB because two things trumped everything. Brady and BB. Draft or no draft, pick 1 or 32, free agency or not, when the nucleus is head and shoulders above the competition, the leadership and organization are superb, it doesn't matter how many draft misses or hits you have. When the ownership on down is mediocre, even the hits on the draft will go unnoticed amidst loosing seasons or massive underachievers because of pathetic coaching.
    Is not until we start winning consistently that we can declare this team a success, from the leadership, the CS, the personnel, the draft on down. For now, unfortunately in the big picture we are slightly above bottom dwellers. That is what needs to change. Winning trumps everything. I rather have a GM/CS rated F every year by the draft experts and be a perennial winner. My two cents

CotcheryFan, Sam Hammer and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

The Patriots are better coached than everyone else. They always have the best Oline and a stingy, bend but don’t break defense, which is how Tom won most of his SB’s... including this year.

They will win as long as BB is there. Tom Brady is an all time great, but it’s their system that works and will continue to work when he retires.

BB was looking forward Jimmy G. taking the helm, because he knew he would have won with him too...

The Pats are a cocky bunch and feel they can win with any top 15 Qb with the system they run...

We’ll see what happens. Hopefully BB retires... that’s the key imo.

LAJet, twown, NYJetsO12 and 1 other person like this.
  9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

There are numerous parts to the GM job.

Assess existing roster
    Assess holes and needs for team
    Purge bad / overpaid / malcontent players
    sign FA players that fill holes and can improve team
    Draft players to supplement the roster

Mac has done a piss poor job assessing the roster when deciding which players to keep
    Mac has done a decent job assessing the roster to determine which players to cut
    Mac has had mixed results signing FA players, signed too many aging under-performing high priced players signed second rate offensive players, ignored signing key position needs (edge, LT, G, C, WR).
    Mac has signed players in round 1 that have dropped to him but has been piss poor drafting anyone beyond round 1.

That's not doing his job. That's the definition of incompetence. Everyone is good an one portion of their job but he's not good at the parts that matter.

He's hanging onto his job by a thread because he spent draft capital to move up from 6 to 3 last year for more or less a blind pick at a QB as he could have received any one of the top 3 and had no control over which. Staying at 6 there was the possibility (not sure of likelihood) he could have picked the 4th best QB and that would have gotten him fired along with Toilet so he went into GM survival mode and made sure he got a top 3 QB pick.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, that's a "No" then?

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Someone gets it;)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Belicheat does one thing that nobody else does, he builds a strong offensive line to give Brady time to throw and not take as many hits, besides QB, the oline is always their strength

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Really more Bellicheat & Brady Rimming?

Its bad enough anytime i turn on NFLN...here too?

Did you guys forget the amount of cheating those guys have done?Against OUR god damn team?!

Acad23 likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It really depends on the team. I think he'd start on many teams this year day 1. Obviously he would not start on teams already stacked at the position. He's got starting talent, his issues are more character based. The combine is over rated.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets fans are smarter there...why remain here? :D

stinkyB likes this.