OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its a big concern Rodgers is an old man and struggles with getting through non-contact practices. Wait till the other team can hit him

barfolomew and GREG like this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Facing the Niners week 1 is no joke. They have one of the most physical defenses in the NFL.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Because they may not be able to pay everyone who deserves it. Therefore, they have to be prepared to move on from 1 or more stars.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I don’t buy that. They don’t have a $50 mil dollar qb to pay once Aaron is gone (probably after this year). The jets can pay anyone they want and even have the flexibility to stagger the hits in different years to put them in the best position possible.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Rodgers. Corley did suffer an injury and watched the rest of practice. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I don't think that Rodgers is going anywhere following this season unless he gets seriously re-injured or has a bad year. Even so, I'm not so sure that they will have all the space that you think they will. As of right now, their cap is $260 million, the liabilities for the top 51 players is $200,690,773 million, giving them $58,285,893 million in cap space. If they release Rodgers post June 1, they'll save $9.5 million, but if they do it before June 1, they'll take a $25.5 million cap hit. That will give them around $68 million to play with, plus whatever amount the cap rises. They have 10 starters and 6 top backups who will be FAs. In all, they will have around 30 FAs. Those FAs on offense include: T. Conklin, K. Yeboah, Z. Kuntz, T. Smith, M. Moses, W. Schweitzer, J. Hanson, C. Glaser, M. Williams, M. Taylor, I. Charles (11), and on defense include: DJ Reed, MC II, I. B. Echols, Oliver, T. Hayes, T. Adams, Chuck Clark, Ashtyn Davis, H. Reddick, Javon Kinlaw, Solomon Thomas, Jalyn Holmes, Leki Fotu, T. Smart, B. Hector, J. Sherwood, C. Surratt, and .M. McCrary-Ball (18). That's their starting OTs, their best backup IOL, possibly their other backup IOL, their starting TE (and possibly 3 of their top 4 TEs), their #2 WR, two of their core STers (Charles and Yeboah), their starting safeties as well as the top backup, two of their starting CBs and unless Stiggers proves to be a revelation this season, their two top backup CBs, all of their DT except for Q, their two top backup LBs, and one of their top pass rushers. If they release Rodgers and Taylor, that will be their starting QB and backup QB as well. They also need to extend Sauce, Breece, G. Wilson, and JJ, and you think they'll have lots of money to use in FA???? Now some of those are bottom of the roster players and won't cost that much to keep or to replace, but Reed and MC II will want to get paid as well as Sauce, Breece, G. Wilson, and JJ. If they want to keep T. Smith, H. Reddick, M. Moses, J. Kinlaw, and M. Williams, they won't be cheap. Also, if T. Smith stays healthier than expected and hits a lot of his incentives, that could take around $12-14 million from next year's cap space to pay those incentives from this year.

I wish you were right, but I don't think you are. I think they're going to be lucky to re-sign all of their own players that they want to keep, and then are going to have to scramble to replace those who left or add upgrades, particularly with JD now being a one-man FO. I don't think that cap space is going to go nearly as far as you do.

SOJAZ, blackssmagic and LAJet like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

You're welcome!

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I’ve watched my own team be negative $50 million over the cap and then miraculously have $20 million to spend. The jets are more than fine, in fact I think they have one of the most excess cap space in the league next year. They can certainly pay sauce, Wilson and others. They can be creative in how they do it also.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Excellent brake down NC. Are yo7 planning to go see any games this year?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I'd love to, but between getting a new HVAC system, some unexpected medical bills, and some other work I had done on my house, it's not in the budget. So I won't be able to travel to see any in person, but I'll be watching every game on TV. How about you?

barfolomew likes this.
  12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, that is a possibility.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m tossing around the idea of watching one game, home or away with my daughter. We have not made any plans yet. Last year I went to see them against the Raiders here in Vegas and that was painful. We absolutely stunk offensively.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

lolol, I know we all hate Hackett but this is pure coach speak.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That seems to be the only part of coaching he's good at.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Worrying. Seems like we may be set up for a repeat of last year.

17. NCJetsfan

One of these days I'd love to meet you and some of the other guys at a game. That would be fun.

LAJet and barfolomew like this.
  18. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

You seem alright

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

blackssmagic likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Brandyn Pokrass
    @BPok24

·
    Start of team period. Rodgers looking for Wilson on a slant, but Sauce stays with him and swats it away. Next play is a toss that is blown up by the defense. Braelon Allen then broke off a big run down the sideline, continuing a great start to his summer.
    12:11 PM · May 31, 2024

Brandyn Pokrass
    @BPok24

·
    Tyrod starts his series with a nice strike to Conklin. Isaiah Davis then had a run showing some burst and quickness. New signing Tarik Cohen ripped off a nice gain as well, showing some good burst.
    12:16 PM · May 31, 2024

Brandyn Pokrass
    @BPok24

·
    In a rep with Peasley, Braelon Allen caught a ball in stride and ripped off a nice gain. Showing great flashes in both areas of the game.
    12:18 PM · May 31, 2024

Brandyn Pokrass
    @BPok24

·
    In his second series, Rodgers finds Garrett on a nice out route. Beat Gardner and made a nice toe touch grab. Cohen also had a decent run with the first team.
    12:22 PM · May 31, 2024

Brandyn Pokrass
    @BPok24

Seven on seven. Rodgers finds Allen on a quick route underneath. He then finds Conklin on a crosser on the next play. He then finds Yeboah on a seam route that would’ve went for a long gain. Rodgers finished his series with an incompletion to Lazard. Possibly had him on a back shoulder, but he never turned around and Gardner was with him stride for stride.

12:29 PM · May 31, 2024
    ·

Brook! and blackssmagic like this.