OTAs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 20, 2024.

1. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

It's called being young and all of us have likely done similar at odd hours of the night on a weekend. I have never understood the argument that "nothing good happens in the middle of the night." You have fun, you hang out with friends. It's a weekend, there is night life and training camp hasn't even started yet.

Yes, he shouldn't have had weed in the car in Alabama, but acting like because it happened in the middle of the night makes it worse is pretty ridiculous. You really think he's just spending the entire night driving around aimlessly? For all we know he was just heading home from a friend's house after passing out there for a while and got profiled on the way home.

Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

In most states, excluding Alabama where this happened of course, weed is "medicine" now...

barfolomew likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, I don't think anyone is sweating his release. We're just all bored and want something Jets-related to discuss.

4. NCJetsfan

Seriously? You have some bizarre takes, but this takes the cake. Someone out that late at night just isn't sitting in a parked car.

I didn't say my standards should be anyone else's. I said I don't understand it, especially for a professional athlete. They're free to do whatever they please, but then they shouldn't be surprised when something negative happens as a result of being out that late. There are consequences to our actions.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What? It's bizarre because I refuse to jump to conclusions without any information like you do? Seriously? You don't understand why any person, even a professional athlete, does what he does on his own time, but my take is the one that is bizarre? Why must you understand what anyone else does for it to be legitimate? Which is it - was he in a parked car or was he out "carousing"? Which is worse in your microscopically narrow mind?

The guy got arrested for something that is legal in over half the states and you think it's a big deal. Good for you.

6. NCJetsfan

Obviously, you just want to pick a fight. Sad. You can't even comprehend what you read. I didn't think it was a big deal. That's your twist on what I said. I said that I didn't think the Jets should have cut him for that. and I don't think anyone should be arrested for smoking pot.

Other than that, I'm done with this conversation. I should have known better than to take you off of ignore and respond to you. Back to ignore you go.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sure - go ahead and stick your fingers in your ears and chant nah nah nah nah! That's what you do rather than support your own words. You've been doing it here for years; aren't you supposed to be doing it in Denver now? That is what you said you'd do.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I've butt heads with NC on more than 1 occasion but there's no doubt he's added a lot of good content this offseason and made the board better. I appreciate it.

nycarl, LAJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I appreciate everybody
    Except bicketybam. I’m so glad he’s gone

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I appreciate Jacklyn Hendricks. She really brings it.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I appreciate the Hawk Tuah girl

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I appreciate myself

ukjetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I appreciate myself multiple times a day. And I appreciate @Brook! for being awesome
    And part of that awesomeness was banning bicketybitch. Bickety if you’re reading this eat a dick

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well I appreciate you too Barf. :)

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Homegirl got skillz.