OT in 2016

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LAJet, Nov 30, 2015.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Apparently there are some excellent OT in next years draft for us to consider. Four as a minimum are projected in the first round, a few more in the second.
    Here is a brief list for us to consider. I know is early early but any thought on this?
    1. Laramy Tunsil - Ole Miss
    2. Ronnie Stanley - Notre Dame
    3. Taylor Decker - Ohio State
    4. Jack Conklin - Michigan State
    5. Germain Ifedi - Texas A&M
    6. Jason Springs - Indiana
    7. John Theus - Georgia

#1 LAJet, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Stanley is the big prize. I guess im bias toward him but to me he is going to be a Pro Bowler for years to come. Excellent player.

Conklin is my 2nd favorite on the list just cause I really havent watched much of Tinsel.

Either way we have to go OL or LB in the 1st round depending on where we are picking.

Ozymandias likes this.
  3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

IMO, - Tunsil & Stanley will go in the top 10. And we'll just miss out on Taylor Decker because I believe we'll be drafting no earlier than 20.
    My hope is that we trade down to the very top of the 2nd round & grab Jason Spriggs of Indiana.
    I've been high on him since the beginning of the 2015 season --- he was the 3rd round pick in my pre-2015 college season mock draft.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Always depends on free agency and value of course, but this team needs to invest in the offensive line, especially at OT.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

If it's Tinsel or Stanley hell yeah but I doubt they fall outside of the top 10, I don't want Decker or Conklin i think they're more RT 2nd round guys. Maybe Ifedi in the 2nd if he falls there, I haven't seen or read up on Spriggs yet tho

6. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I pretty much agree with this sentiment, except I believe Spriggs is the 3rd best OT in this class. B1G football is my specialty, and I think Decker is extremely overrated. I have Conklin as my #4, and I'd be happy with him in the second as well.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We need to come out of the next draft with some top OT and OG help, so unless a stud OLB or a clear cut BPA in area of need is there for us at the first pick, we might trade and move down for an OL.
    Just my crazy thinking but I don't think Mac believes in drafting an OL high.

#7 LAJet, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  8. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

If that's so, then Mac better realize that a stout OL makes everything easier for your QB and RB.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not your crazy thinking, my friend. He's on record as saying that he doesn't believe in drafting interior linemen high.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm positive that Mac already knows that. One doesn't have to have 5 first round picks on the OL to have a great OL.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

We know Mac will take the BPA, there could be a solid OT later in Rd 1. There is some real solid OTs that deserve Rd 1 grades, just no player that is elite and worth top 5 pick.

12. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

It's Tunsil. He's a top-5 player and was a top-5 recruit (along with Nkemdiche and Treadwell IIRC that year that Ole Miss bought the top recruiting class.) He's legit.