Opinion of Pennington's performance?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by stinkyB, Aug 12, 2006.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Did you know that the game plan was to get the short passing game down against TB? That was in fact the game plan. They are installing the offense one step at a time. The longer passing plays will be worked on this week, and then part of the game plan in next week's game. It's the preseason.... it's not a game. It's a scrimmage. They are still installing the new offense.

Pennigton did what he was supposed to do.... run the short passing game and eat the clock. I sometimes wonder why I waste my time.... oh, nevermind.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you get in there and throw 9-14 for 50 yards against the best Defense in the NFL ya clown!!! you make me laugh so hard i crap my pants! dont forget you pessimism against penny and his "crappy" arm is posted in my sig...so everyone knows how genius your posts are...Ramsey isnt the starter now is he?

not to mention..what ^he just said...i dont think i need to repeat it..your a big boy...so you can read it once and let it absorb..

3. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Heh, I never realized I was in your sig. Thanks for your support!
    Enjoy your man crush on Penny!

4. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Fair enough. But I'm pretty sure he wasn't told to put the ball on the carpet twice. And I'm certain he wasn't given a mandate not to score "because we're only focusing on the short game". You like Penny, I don't. We agree to disagree.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

He seemed small in the pocket as usual...he had his happy feet....this guy is not the answer

6. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Getting the job done entails scoring! CHAD as usual failed to get points in the red zone( TDs). That is what wins championships not overly inflated QB ratings based on 5 yard bombs to a FB or TE or WR playing in or having to vcome back to the ball! The run game will never flourish that way! DEFENSES must be kept honest!

7. levrana

levrana New Member

Hello Everyone,
    Chad was looking good they should of had him play longer...we could of won this game if he play to the half.
    Here's some pic's of the Game last night I was at.
    Here's the link:
    http://angeloandmichiyo.spaces.live.com/

Enjoy.....
    Go JETS!!!
    Angelo

8. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Pennington looked like Pennington...........no zip on the ball whatsoever. But he does throw the most beautiful 4 yard passes in the league..........

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You must have the memory of a flea. Check out the stats since 2002 with Pennington at QB and with everybody else and when you see that the offense averaged about 10 points a game and 100 yards a game more with him in than with every other QB you will realize how stupid your comment was about points scored in a preseason game.

10. ThunderbirdJet

The guy converted 3 third downs, was working on the short passing and got it done. that safety blitz wasnt his fault. Same old story. Jets fans are the most impatient, and dare I say least knowledgable of all football fans. What I've seen on this board confirms my opinion. Moving the ball, eating the clock, converting 3rd downs, and he sucks. You people act like this guy used to throw Farve-like bullets in the past... he never did, that isn;t what he brings.

I'm going to TC tomorrow, because I just don't believe anything anymore unless I see it in person. If he can't throw long, I'll say so. If he can, I will tell a lot of people to just shut up.

11. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

Fantastic. So Chad's stats from 4 years ago and prior to 2 shoulder surgeries are relevant how? Memory is fine, thanks for asking. No need to be an ass about it.

12. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

And put up zero points with one turnover. If you believe Chad got it done, then you are right, Jets fans are the least knowledgable of all football fans, starting with yourself...................:)

13. ThunderbirdJet

Yes, he did get it done. The game plan was to execute the short passing game, and eat clock. The turnover wasn't his fault at all. This was a scrimmage, not a game. The long passing game isn't even in the game plan yet! Even the TB D was saying they did a bad job.... giving up too many first downs, and letting the Jets consume the clock.

I made a general statement about Jets fans.... you made it personal. You are exactly the sort of fan I was talking about. You have much to learn, grasshopper. It was a PRESEASON game. Good coaches work on development, not winning. You don't understand much, do you? Excuse me, rhetorical question, because I already know the answer.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ummm..he sure wasnt lofting his 5 yard passes out there...what game were you watching...his quick scramble and pass to coles had some zip...so did the 15 yard In route that he missed on...

on 2nd thought...did you even watch the game?

sounds like our typical anti-pennington fan:mad:

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Thank you! Everyone reads into the fumble in the red zone too much.When you have 1.2 seconds from time of snap to get rid of the ball...you tend to get caught up trying to get rid of it. Chad moved the chains and twice put us in position to score against one of the best D's in the league...our offense and their defense had the same amount of time to practice so their is no excuse for either side...Our gameplan wasnt to spread the field and throw a bomb play 1...that what Herm did last year trying to prove a point to fans, media, ect...and you know what...everyone ate it up when penny threw that 50 yard bomb in the first play....just like the media ate up Herm's garbage that he would say in press conferences....hes here to run the offense that Schott wants...not to throw bombs to impress and satisfy whiny Jet Fans....if he threw a 50 yard bomb on play 1 and landed it on the 5 yard line...and still fumbled on 3rd down during an all out blitz...we wouldnt be having this converstaion

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Thank you! Everyone reads into the fumble in the red zone too much.When you have 1.2 seconds from time of snap to get rid of the ball...you tend to get caught up trying to get rid of it. Chad moved the chains and twice put us in position to score against one of the best D's in the league...our offense and their defense had the same amount of time to practice so their is no excuse for either side...Our gameplan wasnt to spread the field and throw a bomb play 1...that what Herm did last year trying to prove a point to fans, media, ect...and you know what...everyone ate it up when penny threw that 50 yard bomb in the first play....just like the media ate up Herm's garbage that he would say in press conferences....Penny is here to run the offense that Schott wants...not to throw bombs to impress and satisfy whiny Jet Fans....if Chad completed a 50 yard bomb on play 1 and landed it on the 5 yard line...and still fumbled on 3rd down during an all out blitz...we wouldnt be having this converstaion

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We've been dinking and dunking now for the last 6 years so why exactly are any of you surprised that we still are not a vertical football team? That's not what we do. We're a short to midrange passing team built with guys that have some size but not blazing speed. Our QB has never been known to have a gun and he never will so get past it.

From what I saw, the short passing game aka: WCO, still is in full effect with the Jets and that's fine until we get different personnel with different skills/abilities.

I just don't understand why people expect Chad to suddenly have become Bret Farve? He's Chad. His game is the short, precision pass. It is what it is so live with it.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I agree with you! Last year he put the ball down 6 times in 1 game. Sat he did it twice. I suppose some here see it as improvement! PLEEEEEASE, lets play CLEMENS and not CHAD! I am sick of him and his cinderella passes!

19. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

i thought chad was great for his first time out. put it this way, hes the last thing on this team that we have to worry about.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.