Opinion: Adam Gase is not getting fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I think the two of them are tied together. This whole team, the moves they are making feels just like the phins made under Gase. When Gase first was hired I knew Adams was gone, Robbie gone. The craziest thing with Gase was when he was first hired by the fins,I think his first game he would not allow ajayi travel with the team(I forget why but it seemed like a dumb reason to me at the time) Ajayi then becomes a feature back carrys for over 1100 yds and that was when Gase was his most successful. Gase hated him, traded him mid next season and has never won since. Gases offense works if he can run the ball and he sticks with it. Problem is he need sticks with it. Seems he hates all rbs

barfolomew likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Gase gives up play calling, and the offense looks better, then why is he even here?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To be the head coach. If the Jets win more than they lose he might even survive.

The Jets over-marketed Gase on the way in with all the offensive genius stuff. Then they let him hire a caddy OC and call all the plays. Those were both mistakes and they've led us part of the way to where we are now. The other part is the talent however Gase shouldn't get a pass based on the poor talent. His play calling is scoring an unusually low number of points even for the talent he has on hand.

His record at this point with the Fins and the Jets suggest that him having his nose buried in the offensive play sheet just causes a lot of blowout losses. Teams need a head coach to maintain rhythm and order on the sidelines and to rally the team when things are not looking so good in a game. They need a guy to make the big calls on going for it and when to challenge and who to sit on the bench if they are having a crappy day. Teams do not need their coach to be so overwhelmed with processing one side of the field that he cannot make adjustments elsewhere.

Teams really do not need their head coach to be disconnected from the overall game situation because he's trying to "fix" something that has been broken all year already on his watch.

Nothing Adam Gase does when he is calling plays helps the Jets win games. This is so obvious at this point that the fact that he doesn't see it suggests he needs to be yanked back to 5,000 feet by management so he gets some perspective on his contributions to the ongoing disaster.

Adam Gase is a terrible head coach when he is trying to be the offensive coordinator also. This needs fixing or nothing else that happens in Jetland is going to matter much.

I was watching Moneyball for the first time last night and it was really interesting seeing how Billy Beane dealt with the fact that he and Art Howe were not on the same page. He didn't fire Howe, which would have been totally justified given Howe's defiance of his mandates to play the Moneyball players. He traded everybody that Howe was defying on him (the guys blocking the moneyball players from getting on the field) and took the options away. End of problem.

This isn't about how the Jets should handle Gase, just pointing out that there are other than the obvious solution available when you want to get things done.

Douglas could tell Gase that the personal fouls were unacceptable and needed to stop immediately.

Think that might get Gases mind out of the playbook and onto the sidelines come game time?

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

Again, if Gase isn't calling plays, then what on Earth is he doing? Galvanizing the team? He isn't capable of galvanizing a team of golden retrievers. The answer isn't to keep Gase and let someone else run the offense, it's to attach Gase to a Musk rocket and blast him off to Mars.

5. Br4d

This is likely where we're headed at this point however that doesn't mean that whoever is calling the shots on Gase can't make one more attempt to set him on a more productive path.

6. HomeoftheJets

Well I mean sure, if CJ or Douglas sat Gase down and said, "Adam, you're a terrible offensive coach and total douchebag. The first one is unfixable, but if you act less douchey and let Cooter call the plays, you can at least make the players stop hating you and maybe get a job as an assistant position coach somewhere." But aside from that, I don't think it matters.

7. Br4d

Having not watched the game today I was unaware that Gase ceded play calling duties to Loggains. Good first step. Not a double digit loss.

8. HomeoftheJets

That was the defense, not the offense.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree a million percent

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JD can't tell Gase anything..

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

didnt the jets idiots in the front office tell him he couldnt bring in his own coaches. not that i like rhule but what kind of coach is going to go for that shit? oh wait one that sucks balls.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Jets offense played well when he was under center and had a 3 receiver set with extra blocker, Then Patton Oswalt decides that they are going back to shotgun formation with 4 and 5 receiver sets, guess what happens next?

The Bills start blitzing, going into his third year Sam still has not figured out how to go to his hot route or figure out the blitz yet and the offense sputters to 5 yards of offense in the second half.

Why would any team stick with a 4 and 5 receiver set if they know their oline can’t handle the pass rush?

13. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Silver: Adam Gase is trying to keep spirits up after 0-7 start https://www.nfl.com/videos/silver-adam-gase-is-trying-to-keep-spirits-up-after-0-7-start

Giving up play calling is somehow going to fix this mess? Save his job? The team did have some pride yesterday! I suppose that falls on Gase, even not his making. So unfortunately I suppose he deserves a cudo on that.

But going for it on 4th and 1, and not kicking FG. With this team that needs to take points when they come. The call was putrid. Perine up the middle with all 11 on D there. Did not have a chance. They knew what was coming! If taking risks, take them! Or just kick it and take the 3 points. Not like this team was going to have many opportunities. That is coaching issue. So Dowin not much better at play calling! So what’s the win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I liked going for it on 4th and 1. the playcall was shit. why do we reufse to QB sneak

15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I had no issue with them going for it on 4th and 1. The OL is just putrid. I'm questioning JD's ability to find these lineman. Other than Becton, you might as well put 5 TE's out there and try to throw to one of them.

16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

One of the most telling things about gase is that he is constantly alone on the sidelines, no one wants to be near him.

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That is offensive to retards...

18. Sack exchange

I get it, but we get limited number of scoring opportunities a game, need to take the points. I am saying if they want to take a risk, go for it, and do play action! Believe me it would have worked. Maybe even for TD, since they keyed on the play, Yeah sneak works better than Perine up the middle against 11 guys.

19. Sack exchange

I really don’t question going for it, but I would take the points there. The play call is what I have heartburn with! Do play action or something. They keyed in run up the middle!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

at 0-6 you have to be aggressive and take chances

Sack exchange likes this.