One year extension?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 30, 2013.

1. jetiron

jetiron New Member

looking at the new 2014 schedule, Jets play NFC North - vikings and lions might be wins. Raiders should be a win. Losses probably against Greenbay, Kansas, Denver, away game at NE. Tough games with Pitt, SD, Tennesse and Chicago. Always tough against division rivals. I think 8-8 would actually be good next year but might not look good given higher expectations for team Rex. Then again, if Geno develops like a Cam Newton or Kapernick type of QB, who knows...

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

El Cheapo Strikes again ... Not really hard to explain

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Maybe Woody learned something from the Sanchez extension... Don't commit too much for too long.
    If he does something next season, we can give him a better deal, if not he can be let go.

We can still build a good team either way, it doesn't set us back any.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I still haven't seen anything saying he actually got a 1 year extension or they agreed to a one year extension. I have to think there's something holding up the negotiation or it would have been done already.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rex pulled more than a 1 year extension out of this.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its in the daily news they extended his contract until 2015,as far as a Jets press confrence about it I don't think it happend yet

#45 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  6. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed. I expected after that embarrassment of a pep rally after an 8-8 season that he would get a multi-year extension. I guess it's better than nothing...

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

no, it's not.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

link?

9. LongIslandBlitz

Hold on I'll find it , I'm clueless on how to copy n paste on this tablet

10. LongIslandBlitz

Actually ur right nothing is official , they just offered him contract it doesn't say for sure if he signed it or if more years miggt be an option.If I was Rex I would hold off on signing it

#50 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 31, 2013
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

jake, I don't hate Rex, I just don't think he is the man to lead us to the promised land, that being said I'm happy with this deal, because when Idzik and bradway put together a good draft and I believe they will, Rex is going to have no excuse next year to not make the playoffs.

12. Red Menace

I'm sad that a patriots fan actually saw how ridiculous that was, I was embarrassed as a Jet fan to see that kind of jubilation, after accomplishing nothing.

13. Red Menace

You must be a troll, 8-8 next year would be considered good?

I'm sorry but am I missing something here? Why don't we just come up with last place trophies while were at it.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic, or tounge n cheek.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the OP was serious or not, but although 8-8 is not good it is probably realistic. This team is most liekley not going to be playoff competitive for at least another year.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

So basically, the Jets should be expected to lose against every good team? Yeah, that's exactly what the team wants to be... GB, KC, DEN, NE, etc. Every team can be beat.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

True, but some things are more probable than others. If Rex accepts this deal, he'll be gambling on a fabulous draft, FA crop AND putting it all together in one TC (2014). In other words, he'll be leaving his fate up to the drafting acumen of Idzik and whomever else is evaluating the college and FA talent.

I gotta hand it to Rex. With all those variables still out there, He's got guts betting the house on 2014. Especially if he doesn't have to.

#56 Cman68, Dec 31, 2013
  17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think it comes down to Rex believing in his own bluster. U know winning a SB & all that while he stills has produce nothing except 5 years of NOT winning the SB. I have a black thought here that Woody WANTs him to resign so he does not have to pay him in 2014 which would be very plausible when U look back on Woody's past decisions :sad:

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's our fault we don't make Super Bowls and then lose... and then party after. :wink:

EDIT: And we have great team chemistry, nobody got left hanging on a high five. Your team is crumbling within, nobody wants to high five the captain.

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I think it's jumping the gun to assume that he's getting a one year extension. Nothing has been announced officially.

Assuming that he does get extended through 2015, I think it makes sense since next year will be a pivotal one as the Jets retool through the draft and FA. Another 8-8 year with improved talent, and I believe that Rex is done in NY.

20. jetiron

jetiron New Member

Not being sarcastic. The team went 8-8 this year with a few blow outs losses along the way and the schedule had Tampa, Cleveland and Oakland.... so yeah, I think 8-8 against a much tougher schedule would be good. A lot depends on Geno's development, whom I've still have many doubts about given his inconsistency. So unless he turns into a Cam or Kap, 8-8 is good against a much tougher schedule. If I were a complete homer, I would say 12-4...but then I might as well then say Geno is the next Peyton Manning...which he is not.