One year Ago Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Last season at this point we were on top of the world.
    No rookie headcoach and a Legend at QB and we did the same old jets thing and lose 4 of 5. Atleast this season people say we have an excuse.

I aint drinking that kool-aid.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I hope all the people who were complaining about Pennington are happy now. We've found guys to take us to that next level you wanted, you just didn't realize it was the next level down.

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Mangini was Manginious at that time as well.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That better happen.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck, at 8-3 last year I was drunk as fuck, stumbling around, babbling, and falling down staircases as a result of all the NYJ koolaid I'd ingested. What an epic collapse that was.....

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. Or if you are a Jets fan it is pretty easy. Hopefully this time next year the J!-E!-T!-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! will be kickin some major ass and the favor I mean brent experiance will be worth it.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

wait a minute. What?

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He had an injury but it was clear that injury was not holding him back. he looked like the same guy all year long.

He was awful against the Giants 2 years ago and his rookie-like INt in OT sealed the game for the Giants.

Aaron Rodgers is clearly getting he same defensive performance that Brett got 2 years ago b/c as we know Brett plays Defense too- actually he does throw many TDs to the defense.

Show me where I mention favre in the first post. You changed the direction of the thread. I was merely commenting on how quickly things change in the NFL. A year ago we were on top of the World and it's been pretty much awful ever since.

Apparently you have a guilty conscience w/ regards to Favre.

When did this happen? I argued, rightly so, that Vinny had the best single season of any Jets QB.

We were fined b/c favre opened his mouth to make excuses for his poor play. Players play hurt all the time but not all of them feel the need to make excuses.

Did GB miss2 makebale kicks in the '07 title game? am I missing something? It's comparable comparing losing on the road when the K mises 2 makeable kicks to a 15-1 team vs. losing at home as a big favorite to a 10-6 team?

Someday you guys might realize that HOF QBs are held to a different standard than good QBs.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

you gotta be kidding me?!?! :breakdance:

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Pennington doesn't make mistakes, silly boy. He's the NFL's version of Chuck Norris.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Are you being serious about this? I'm not even going to bother debating that with you because it doesn't deserve a debate.

Yup, so terrible that he led the offense to more points than Brady and the most potent offense in the history of the NFL could muster two weeks later in much better conditions.

The Packers offense hasn't been the same since Favre left. Sure it's a team game, but the offense needs to help the defense.

Sorry, I guess the big picture of Favre was just a figment of my imagination. I also never mentioned him until you said he gets worse as the games get bigger.

I have no guilty conscious. The Jets were super bowl contenders prior to him getting hurt. Apparently you think the 8-3 start had nothing to do with him, yet the free fall was all his fault.

12. nyjunc

He showed the same arm strength late in the year as early in the year. The man can't play in bad conditions anymore and he was making poor decisions.

Let's not forget the fact that he is actually trying this year as his heart is into playing in Minnesota. We just gave him a place to cash a check.

13. nyjunc

Brady led the Pats O 80 yds in the final mins to take the lead very late- did Favre do that?

GB scored 435 pts in 2007, they scored 419 in 2008 and they are on pace for 419 this year. Clearly the O has suffered tremendously since Favre left.

In 2007 the GB D allowed 291 pts, last year 380.

I do agree the O needs to help the D, favre isn't usually good at that w/ all his TOs though.

The picture was showing Favre and Mangini after the Ten game. Again, the point of the thread was how fast times change and I think that pictures shows that. It wasn't a shot at favre or Mangini but for some reason we still have favre lovers on this site despite what he did to us and they get all flustetred when they think someone might be speaking the truth about the "great" Favre.

We were 8-3 largely in spite of Favre. we had an incredibly easy sched and no Tom Brady(a REAL great QB). Favre played really well for about a 3-4 game stretch and it's amazing how he was supposedly hurt prior to the Ten game and he played well then we start losing and it's b/c of the injury.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Don't be surprised to see them in the Super Bowl... I rather doubt there is going to be a collapse of any kind in Minny.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hehehehe.... I think we will be ok with Sanchez. Give it some time and we'll see.

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Wait..so.. was that 3-4 game stretch in spite of Favre too? Or....

17. nyjunc

At Buf(though he got them back in the game w/ an INT for TD)
    vs. SL
    at NE
    at Ten

he played excellent football for the most part and was a big part of those wins. Specifically the NE win but he also cost us the first NE game so it balanced out.

Have we forgotten how awful he was vs. NE, at SD, vs. Cincy, at Oak,...? This is a man who was outdueled by Jamarcus Russell and Tyler Thigpen.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm not giving up on Sanchez, I'm 100% with him. My point about Pennington is that a couple years down the line now, 10 wins and the playoffs a few times don't sound like too bad of a deal for the bitching we heard about him.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The bitching was a result from the fact that we were never gonna advance deep into the Playoffs with Pennington. The appearance was where it stopped. And it always will with Chad, no matter where he plays.

What don't you understand about this?

20. nyjunc

So you prefer missing the playoffs than making it?