One Jets Drive, the return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LF911SC, Jul 2, 2019.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Bills got Wade, another top rugby guy and he got a great td the other day be interesting to see if either make it.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I live up the block from where Cash is playing ball. I literally saved a kid’s life right next to those courts. Serious.

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How so? Tell us the story!

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He convinced the kid to not be a JETS fan....

NYJFOREVER, Ralebird, jixxjr and 6 others like this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was leaving the playground area and had my nephew in my arms.

I get to the sidewalk where our car is parked and I see a basketball roll out of the open gated door (where Cash was playing in the Jets Drive video) into traffic. A little boy, like 5-6, was chasing the ball.

Now, there was a car parked on the side of the road behind us. The ball rolled in front of the nose of the car behind us and the boy was on the same trajectory.

Behind the cars (which I could see over) was an oncoming car. But the oncoming car’s driver had a completely obstructed view of the boy.

All of this is unfolding in front of me in that tunnel vision, slow motion movie type shit.

If the kid hit the street, the oncoming car wouldn’t have been able to stop (or even see the kid to stop). Bad news.

So my mind computes all of this in a split second and I scream at the top of my lungs “STOPPPPP!”

The kid stopped dead in his tracks right before the street. Ball rolled across. No one hurt.

I definitely was there for a reason that day. The kid would have been killed.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wow, that really is amazing. You never know what can happen each day or why we are where we are. Glad you were there and were able to save the kid. Thanks for sharing!