Once again, Patriots fans are losing it

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Jan 21, 2013.

1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I still don't understand why declining an interview is being equated to whining and acting like a sore loser. I didn't see anything in his behavior that could be called "whining" or "complaining". He congratulated Harbaugh and the ravens, then held a press conference two our the hours after the game was over.

The media just always looks for some sort of "disrespect" after BB loses, and they'll stretch as far as they need to to find it. Either his handshake isn't enthusiastic enough or his embrace is to short, or he "snubs" a sideline reporter... What is next? "BB mispronounces New Orleans, snubs entire city while congratulating Saints for victory".

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He's a jackass and a poor sport even when he deigns to give the interviews. It's not like the guy ever has anything remotely interesting or insightful to say or gives direct answers to pertinent questions. He's just a consistently miserable fuck who happens to be a consistently excellent football coach.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Give me a break. Everyone in the world knows he's a miserable fuck and a sore loser. This wasn't the only instance of his bullshit.

At least come on here and say "yeah, he's probably a sore loser and an asshole, but I don't really care cause my team wins." You look like an idiot trying to defend and deflect that.

He can't give the media 30 secs of his time? He sent out McCourty which was bad enough, but you know if he could've he would've sent out the guy that ties the players shoes because he's a sore loser and an asshole.

Don't try to defend his crap. He's a dickhead through and through who was one 6th round pick away from being a career defensive coordinator, now he acts like an entitled prick.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There is a reason .its because he is known as a miserable poor sport in football circles

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh man there is some funny shit in this thread.

the suggs stuff is great. the dont trade sanchez for brady stuff is surreal and the term serial impregnator is priceless.

if the pats hold true to form of getting rid of guys 1 year early instead of 1 year late they may actually let welker walk. that or maybe they sign him and trade him after next year or something.

bradys time would be coming soon too, if the pats hold true to form. i have to assume they would go against form on brady though.

i so badly cant wait for all those douchey pats fans who think the team started in 1996 and view everything before 2001 as their long storied history to fall back into self loathing about the red sux all winter. instead of watching football.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Welker has dropped a lot more passes than we're used to the last couple years. That drop on 3rd down sunday really hurt them. I could definetely see them letting him walk this year or next - although I'm not too versed in his contract situation cause I could careless about that team.

I'm really, really hoping that Belichick stays on a little while after Brady retires. That tool probably will retire with the guy that made him who he is, but it would be so great to see that "genius" taken back to his level when he doesn't have a HOF QB like most teams in this league.

7. Realistic Jets Fan

Strange

Everybody seems to understand that Beliache is a bad sport, a dick and a cheating douche except for gopats88.

If the former Chancellor of Germany (circa 1933-45) was the coach of the stinking Patriots, gopats88 would be waving his pompoms for him too

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

You have to understand the pats are entitled to win. Sunday wasn't fair. They didn't call enough penalties on bmore and have the same non calls on ne like they used to. If I was deprived like that,I'd decline an interview too

9. gopats88

gopats88 Member

He has a grumpy, borderline antisocial personality, but that isn't in any way tied to winning or losing games. I don't care if people call him an asshole, but calling him a sore loser in this instance is absurd.

10. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Yeah, on a jets forum it's real strange that everyone is in agreement about how horrible Belichick is. Clearly I'm the only one with a bias here.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think it's fair the persona Belichick gives off isn't friendly to the media or fans. He gives one word answers and deflects like crazy. He ran off the field for one Superbowl and we had the supposed comments from him after beating us 2 years ago I believe. He resigned from the Jets in a terrible way, I don't think its unrealistic to see where we are coming from. He comes off as a sore loser and poor sport. He seems to treat the national media with disdain. He puts Brady injury reports for no reason (like 40 straight weeks or something right?) and he doesn't join the NFLCA just because. I mean he is who he is and he doesn't care how he rubs off on other people. He cares about football first and only. That's fine, but we judge him on his public actions. There's a reason Suggs called the Pats arrogant and it's not because of the players, it's because of Bill.

That does not mean that's how he is in real life though. I'm sure if I met Bill I would love hanging out with him. He seems to have a dry sense of humor and quick with his wit. However he doesn't show that with the national media. (I feel like local radio is where you hear him at his best at times). That's his choice but we can only make these assumptions on what he presents to us in the media and what he presents isn't a good look.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Exactly.

You are on the wrong forum.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Here's the thing:

if you go to pretty much any NFL forum, the posters overwhelmingly hate Belichick. It's not a Jets forum thing.

14. Dierking

The funny thing is that he has just as much contempt for Patriots fans as he does for the rest of the world. Unless you are one of the people who believe you have some unique insight into his character.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

No, we've established that coaches don't tend to bash each other through the media.

I am certain that at least some coaches dislike Belichick, because of the way he treats people, because he's a cheater, and because he's a sore loser.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

do you think Belichik would have conducted the interview had he won?

17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

A Jets fan is certain that NFL coaches hate Belichick based on gut feelings and intuition, despite the fact that few (if any) of them have ever said or done anything at all to indicate so. That sums up everything you have to say, right?

There are anonymous sources saying that Rex lost his locker room, anonymous players saying that Tebow is terrible, anonymous sources calling Sanchez lazy, anonymous executives calling Jim Schwartz and Ndomakong Sug overrated, anonymous executives calling Howie Roseman "drunk with power", anonymous GMs calling Dominic Raiola a fraud... yet no one within the league is saying anything bad about Belichick. If you know you're right, then who am I to question you, though.

18. Dierking

poor gopats88

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's pretend Sunday never happened

You have him skipping handhsakes when he lost with the Browns
    You have the way he took a million dollars from Leon Hess's estate and resigned with a speech written on a fucking napkin
    Him cheating on his wife
    Spygate
    Injury report
    Grabbing an official
    Being in the locker room and not shaking Tom Coughlin's hand after the Giants ended their perfect season

Seems to me based on his past Sunday is actually one of the classier moments in his career

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

You keep dodging my point.

We've established that coaches do not like to criticize each other publicly.

It's not based on gut feeling or intuition. It's based on reality, the way Belichick behaves.

I invite you to take a poll on any forum you'd like (aside from a Patriots forum) and people have a negative opinion of Belichick because of his actions. You have your head in the sand. That pretty much sums up what you have to say, right?