On January 5, 2012, Is Mark Sanchez Still Your Quarterback?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jan 5, 2012.

?

Do you still believe in Mark Sanchez?

1. Yes! 2012 will show the world who the real Sanchez is.

78.6%
  2. No. He has had enough chances. He is just not good enoug.

21.4%
  1. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

It's not so black and white, some people are on the fence because he shows flashes of brilliance then stumbles. We're not giving up on him, but we're still skeptical.

Do I want to dump him? no.

Is he our answer to QB? That remains to be seen, due to a number of factors.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think he'll continue to get better. Not sure what his ceiling is though.

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I'd rather give him another year with a NEW OC so we can see once and for all that it was Schittyheimer's garbage playcalling that handcuffed this offense(mostly; missing Braylon and our RT playing like shit didn't help).

4. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I say give'em 1 more year with the upgrades on the o.l. and offensive coaching, if he doesn't improve by then, we need to start looking else where.

5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

One more season with a new OC. This one didn't work for Brees either. I think too much has been invested in him to not give him that. If manning is available however, fuck Sanchez get this team another Lombardi. This also would give mark time to a) learn hands one from the greatest ever b) release a Kate upton sex tape. Everybody wins!!!

6. Vida

Vida Active Member

Definitely keep him on for 2012 but next season is make or break and he has to prove that he should be kept on for 2013 (same would be said for Ryan).

Sanchez obviously didn't have the best season himself with bad decision making, bad throwing, bad vision at times etc but look at what he had to work with - an O-Line that leaked like a sieve (especially after Mangold got injured), Schottenheimer as O-Line coach and his bad play calls, Mulligan giving away 5 yards every second play, receivers who couldn't get any separation on their opponents and often dropped easy catches. Look at how much time some of the other QB's in the league have due to the protection they receive and then compare that to Sanchez who often had to throw in 2-3 seconds otherwise he would be sacked.

I honestly think that it was more a confidence thing with Sanchez this year rather than a competence thing. He was doing OK early but once Mangold went down for a couple of games things really went to shit. It just compunded from their but he still showed what he is capable of at times.

7. jetiron

jetiron New Member

Take away Sanchez highs and lows in the past few years, I'm still of the opinion that Sanchez is an average QB at best. At this point, sticking with Mark Sanchez means the Jets need to model their game play from teams like the 49ers or Ravens. Their average or slightly better than average QB makes play from time to time, but the majority of offense rely on good running game and of course, a great defense on the other side of the ball. In other words, build a team that doesn't rely on QB to win games as much then we got a fighting chance. That is really a shame since the league is so protective of the passing game with flags against defense on slight infractions. I doubt a new OC will make Sanchez into the next Drew Brees, just not going to happen.

8. TheSultanOfFootball

TheSultanOfFootball New Member

"That's my quarterback!" :'(

Sanchez, I honestly believe has the tools to lead us to that final goal - a superbowl. He's showed us that he can perform in the playoffs. I do agree with everyone who said that Sanchez needs to improve in certain aspects of his game but for someone who came after a short stint in college, he's shown he can play. We've invested a high draft pick in him and quite honestly, it's rare to find a quarterback that's going to turn into a Joe Montana in his second or third season. Aaron Rodgers is an elite quarterback now, but after a few good years of grooming. I think this year, Sanchez will step it up (especially if we can give him solid support, support NOT being receivers like plax and tone) and will lead us back to where we belong - in the playoffs.

Oh man, I know it's probably HIGHLY unlikely, but I would LOVE to see Justin Blackmon in a Green and White jersey. I would love to see a receiver with his speed and hands on this team. Give us a REAL deep threat.

PS. I would love to see Brian Schottenheimer on the other hand GO! Bring in someone who will return this team to a GROUND AND POUND team. Bring in Norv Turner!

#48 TheSultanOfFootball, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If you're not Drew Brees by the end of your 2nd year, you should be traded

But Drew Brees became Drew Brees in his 4th year.

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean anything without a serious solidifiation of the Oline.

11. typeOnegative13NY

Yes,because there aren't any better options that are realistic. If the Oline is fixed bigtime and Greene is the right RB,he can be a good qb as a product of the system. But everything has to be built to his strengths.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

13. jetiron

jetiron New Member

people keep saying give Sanchez good receivers which is not Tone and Plaxico but it is mainly Holmes' highlight reel with Sanchez that made Sanchez/Holmes combo good and clutch last year. Yes, Holmes did the despicable thing and quit. But he is a damn good receiver and frankly you need guys who demand the ball - but his approach obviously wasn't the way to go about it. If Jets cut him and eat much of his salary, you wouldn't want Brady and Patriots will pick him up on the cheap and then see Holmes and Welker run those quick slants all day long.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

So 87% of people are just being homers and refuse to admit that Sanchez is trash despite everyone not associated with the Jets saying the guy sucks and has to go.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Sanchez, demeanor wise, never looked anything close to 09 or 10.

16. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Steven A Smith = everyone?

17. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Tanny knows this is his own last year to prove something or he'll be out

He will give Sanchez what he needs to succeed

Its amazing how much of a parallel there is between Eli & Sanchez

I can see the Sanchez having a good but by no means dominant year (10-6) and then getting hot in the play-offs.

Thing is, will the fans tolerate rate anything less than a VLT?

18. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Give him a RT, an extra weapon, and a competent OC who can teach him to cut down the mistakes, make better decisions, and protect the ball better, and he will thrive. I still love this kid. Still have faith he will break out. He's shown it often, more this year than ever.

19. typeOnegative13NY

ANything Sanchez has done well,has been when there is a running game. There wasnt one this year

20. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

make or break year